• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/25/08 - Tanod's catch up week

Dizzan

MINI Member
PES 1.45 gb???

That's ludicrous. I thought 360 was large at 1.2. WTF?

Downloading now. Bioshock aswell. These large downloads suck because we still have ridiculously low download limits in Australia. I have 18gb paek and 7 off peak (1am til 7 am)

pswii60

Wollan said:
Bioshock demo was large on X360 as well.
Not that large. 1.3gb IIRC. Of course it was a long time ago :p

Anyone tried that Buzz Junior thing out yet on the Store? It appeared a few weeks ago. Seems like a standalone PS3 game for the buzzers.

Elios83

Downloading things :D
USA update has been spoiled for the second week in a row? Go SCEE keep it going :lol

BTW is Qore coming tonight or next week?

Dizzan

MINI Member
pswii60 said:

Anyone tried that Buzz Junior thing out yet on the Store? It appeared a few weeks ago. Seems like a standalone PS3 game for the buzzers.

Yep, me.

It's actually pretty cool. Especially for non gamers.

I bought buzz to play with friends but Im generally smarter than them so I had to lose intentionally to keep them hooked. Became boring.

This one is aimed at kids. There's 5 minigames.

Elephant Baseball
Some fart game - surprisingly fun
A rhythm type hit the coloured button game
Bomb toss - last person with the bomb gets blown up. Hold the bomb for points. Most fun imo
and a stupid one where the first person to choose the colour of the card with the highest number game

It's only fun with noobish friends
And there's only 5 short minigames so it doesn't last long and some of the cutscene/cinematic things at the end especially are too long. But it's only a couple of bucks. Depends on how highly you value your cash but it's worth it..... I think

Also it's in 720p so it looks considerably sharper than PS2 buzz.

Tycho_b

pswii60 said:

Yep, almost identical (in content) to PS2 game with a similar title. Good entertainment for the kids.

sol_bad

consoul said:
Also, it's the wrong game mate.
That's Sheep Raider you linked to. Sheep is a different (and quite forgettable) game.

AWWWWW
Lucky I didn't buy it yet than.
It's a new game on my list for Australia.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Oh fuck, PES demo up already? I need to go home asap!

Impressions anyone?

Udde

Great update.

Ok, in 2 f*ing weeks we get:

Little Big Planet Beta
Wipeout HD
Killzone 2 Beta
Bioshock demo
PES demo

:bow:

I'm curious about this new PES... will I change to Konami boat again? :D

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Dizzan said:
PES 1.45 gb???

That's ludicrous. I thought 360 was large at 1.2. WTF?

Downloading now. Bioshock aswell. These large downloads suck because we still have ridiculously low download limits in Australia. I have 18gb paek and 7 off peak (1am til 7 am)

Why do you have a download limit down under? Is there a monopoly, or does the government run the system or something? In the US people are competing for our dollars so they don't dare impose a limit or we'd run for the hills to the next guy.

Dizzan

MINI Member
drakesfortune said:
Why do you have a download limit down under? Is there a monopoly, or does the government run the system or something? In the US people are competing for our dollars so they don't dare impose a limit or we'd run for the hills to the next guy.

No it's open just archaic.

I think it comes down to the size of the infrastructure required compared to our paltry population. We only have around 22-24 million people on a land mass almost the size of the States. Us city dwellers have to compensate so the guys in the bush can access services.

I'm actually on one of the better plans too. Some people pay ridiculous amounts for not a lot of data.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Dizzan said:
No it's open just archaic.

I think it comes down to the size of the infrastructure required compared to our paltry population. We only have around 22-24 million people on a land mass almost the size of the States. Us city dwellers have to compensate so the guys in the bush can access services.

I'm actually on one of the better plans too. Some people pay ridiculous amounts for not a lot of data.

Ahh gotcha, hopefully they'll lay down some fiber for you to ease the pain. :D

Dizzan

MINI Member
drakesfortune said:
Ahh gotcha, hopefully they'll lay down some fiber for you to ease the pain. :D

Lets hope. But it's going to cost a fortune. Our new(ish) PM promised it so we'll see if it eventuates.

Xater

Udde said:
I'm curious about this new PES... will I change to Konami boat again? :D

I don#t think so after trying the demo out. It's still not what it should be if you think about what system this is on. At least I wasn't greated with shitty Konami music in the menus and they also designed them pretty nicely. That's about the onyl positive thing I can say about it.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Two questions:

1) How long is the Bioshock demo?

2)How long do you think it'll take to finish the DL on DSL?

I see where you're going there. And yes, Dling will likely be longer than playing it.

Goldrusher

Dizzan said:
It could be worse...

Here in Flanders - one of the most densely populated nations in the world with 99% of the households connected to cable - it's a monopoly (duopoly actually). It's only the size of Sydney (the area / region) with ~ 6 million people.
One company offers cable. Another company offers ADSL.

The result ?

- prices are twice to three times as expensive as in our neighbouring nations
- within a reasonable price range, cap of ~20GB
- a few unlimited alternatives exist, but either the speed is low (max 4 mbps) or it's unavailable unless you live in a handful select big cities
- upload speed is very low everywhere, 256 to 500 kbps at most (even a 30 mbps cable (70 euro per month) connection only has 1 mbps)

Charles

I'm going to buy PES because they showed Juventus winning the European cup 5-2 over Inter in the post-game video.

Such good taste must be rewarded.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Udde said:
Great update.

Ok, in 2 f*ing weeks we get:

Little Big Planet Beta
Wipeout HD
Killzone 2 Beta
Bioshock demo
PES demo

:bow: