• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/25/08 - Tanod's catch up week

Dibbz

92% on Wipeout HD but I'm really bummed that Burnout doesn't have retroactive trophies.

Do I have to start a new save since I won't be able to own all the roads since, I already own them all? I got the repair shop trophy though, so I'm not sure :|

J. M. Romeo said:
Well, the PSN store is not loading right now for me, if that's any indication.

I can't seem to find that option anywhere. I used to, but I don't see it now. Weird.

uh-uh

for me it's loading just fine, and there's no WOHD to be seen :/

maxax

Keyser Soze said:
It seems not all regions have that listing, and Wipoi8nhfrgdssxjuohrswfgg
#rfdsxlosaw\lo

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHvrgi8ehopbgeqihop
And Wipeout has found its first victim. Please, let me be next!

Raytow

lol so no Wipeout HD, nor Megaman/Burnout Paradise, just two overpriced PSP games for the spanish store, good job Sony good fucking job...

Almyn

65536 said:
£24.99 ($47) is ridiculous for Burnout. It's going to be $30 on the US store, which is equivalent to £16.

I can buy the retail version for that price which gives me a disc I can trade in for cash when I'm done with it.

Will Burnout be locked to the profile it's downloaded to though? That's what i'd like to know. I don't want to have to play it on a different profile. If there's no problems with it i'll be buying from the US store also.

Slamo

Raytow said:
lol so no Wipeout HD, nor Megaman/Burnout Paradise, just two overpriced PSP games for the spanish store, good job Sony good fucking job...

I have a stupid feeling that the Portuguese store is gonna be the same...

No45

Almyn said:
Will Burnout be locked to the profile it's downloaded to though? That's what i'd like to know. I don't want to have to play it on a different profile. If there's no problems with it i'll be buying from the US store also.
Same here... who's playing Guinea Pig?
Not me! :p

tzare

Raytow said:
maybe if you try in a few minutes........ ^^

pswii60

Mahadev said:
All Games -> A-Z
Indeed, both Wipeout HD and Megaman 9 are on the UK store right now, just use the above method to get them.
Blablurn said:
i started wipeout 2 times, unfortunately it crashed my ps3 two times. wtf
Only twice and you're on GAF typing about it? What happened to third time lucky?

pswii60

Blablurn said:
first i unlocked it before i installed it. after the second freezing i installed it once more. but it keeps freezing.
Delete both files (unlock key is in game saves I think), then download the main game again, then the key after and install it.

I had the same problem with PSN games freezing last year when Sony use to do this unlock key shit then too, but only if I installed the unlock key before I installed the game.

EDIT: Maybe you should just give up and play Q-Bert instead.

KurowaSan

Wipeout and Burnout now up on the Spanish store, guess the same go for the Irish one? :I
I still want my LBP beta code :lol
:(

ice cream

Banned
Goldrusher said:
Europe
------------------------------------

GAMES

► Burnout Paradise (€29,99 / £24.99)
► MegaMan 9 (€9,99 / £6.99)

WTF is this SHIT. Nice conversion rates.. Criteron are even British, I thought they would send us a bone. W're paying $50 for burnout..

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Holy crap, mega man is AWESOME with the DS3. I imagine it wouldn't be too bad with the 360 d-pad either since mega man can't duck or look up, so you don't have to worry about inadvertedly pressing up or down.

Fuck now I wish I would have bought the PS2 version of Anniversary Collection.

Tntnnbltn

ice cream said:
WTF is this SHIT. Nice conversion rates.. Criteron are even British, I thought they would send us a bone. W're paying $50 for burnout..
Funnily enough, that's pretty much what I'd be paying at retail (Australia). Is this pricing a surprise?

Lain

Man, who do I have to murder to get the Dark Mist patch?! =*(
Well, I'll prolly get Wipeout after checking the MM9 demo.

Erebus

Blablurn said:
i started wipeout 2 times, unfortunately it crashed my ps3 two times. wtf

And I was starting to think I was the only one. Wipeout crashed my PS3 about 5 times (yes I win) and I didn't even make it to an actual race! It always froze when I was selecting race level.

Now I deleted everything and I'm redownloading it again. Hope it doesn't end up to be another GTA fiasco.

McLovin

Dibbz said:
92% on Wipeout HD but I'm really bummed that Burnout doesn't have retroactive trophies.

Do I have to start a new save since I won't be able to own all the roads since, I already own them all? I got the repair shop trophy though, so I'm not sure :|
Yes you have to start over if you want all the trophies.. I'm thinking about starting over but I don't think I can.. I got 100+ hours put into burnout :(
Yeah I didn't believe it either but its in my profile in the game.

ice cream

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Funnily enough, that's pretty much what I'd be paying at retail (Australia). Is this pricing a surprise?
Well to me it is, since most downloadble games have good conversion rates. Like basically all $10 PSN games are £5 in the UK. This is just a total rip off..

ice cream said:

Agree, no dice at that price. I could go down town and find a second hand copy maybe even new copy for the same or cheaper. $50 for burnout hahaha not a fucking chance.:lol :lol

Damn the Megaman 9 demo is killing me, come on Concrete Man fight me! Don't hide behind a "End of the demo: Buy the game now lol" screen >_<

herod

was expecting £19.99, don't know why.

it's only £5 but it makes all the difference imo. Don't Sony/EA recognise the value in selling stuff that can't be traded on should mean more money for them? Why drive sales to the boxed products? Makes no sense.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wipeout is broken. Freezes at menu. No ingame XMB available. Have to turn it off. Good job SCEE.

Erebus

Blablurn said:
ok, i deleted the file. gonna re-download it...

Does it work for you now?

I re-installed the game and the same thing happens again. It freezes at the point where I have to select race level and team.

I'm so disappointed right now. :(

Darkpen

Banned
:|

megaman is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

What the fuck D:!

I'm all for retro gaming, and BCR is an awesome initiative, but what the FUCK, man. Oh my fucking god, I am not buying megaman 9, because I know I will never get to any of the bosses, ever. That is some serious bullshit. Yahtzee's BCR review belonged to Megaman 9, not BCR.

Jesus fuck christ.

reminder

Hm, i think i had luck with the game. Didn't freeze for me. Had three races so far, no problems.

Also, i installed the unlock key first, too. I hope it works for you after re-installing it, guys.

msmma

Banned
Darkpen said:

megaman is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

What the fuck D:!

I'm all for retro gaming, and BCR is an awesome initiative, but what the FUCK, man. Oh my fucking god, I am not buying megaman 9, because I know I will never get to any of the bosses, ever. That is some serious bullshit. Yahtzee's BCR review belonged to Megaman 9, not BCR.

Jesus fuck christ.

lol...man up, wuss. Welcome to old school gaming. :D

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
TTP said:
Wipeout is broken. Freezes at menu. No ingame XMB available. Have to turn it off. Good job SCEE.
Is it Wipeout that's broken or is it you that's experiencing a seizure?

Darkpen

Banned
msmma said:
lol...man up, wuss. Welcome to old school gaming. :D
fuck off, old man. I was there for the NES, but I didn't sign up for gameplay that demands ADD-refined childhood in-the-house-all-summer gameplay skills. I played the shit out of Megaman Zero, and I own Megaman PoweredUp, but this is just fucking bullshit.

You go and try to get past that second elephant, just try.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wollan said:
Why not make a demo build instead of annoying a bunch of paying customers.
SCEE. nuff said. currently redownloading everything in the "proper" order. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom