• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 10/16/08 (PSN Monkey has invaded Tanod's House. Call the police.)

Jim

Marconelly said:
That's really a great addition for PSStore if true. Why wouldn't they at least announce it beforehand though? I knew that the game is supposedly coming from the ESRB review leak, but other than that there wasn't even a beep about it.

XBLA exclusivity term just about ending.

And PoPC was great on the XBLA. Definitely check it out.

xero273

Returners said:
POP Classic would be great.

Any word on any PSN games this thursday?

wait... i probably would be broke by tomorrow anyway.

Maybe Soldner X?

That game is suppose to come out this month.

Spy

Spy said:
GAMES

► Penny Arcade Adventures: Episode One ($14.99)
► Prince of Persia Classic ($9.99)

ADD-ONS

► Mega Man 9
○ Hard Mode ($0.99)
○ Expert Mode ($0.99)
○ Special Time Attack Mode ($0.99)

► Rock Band - Nirvana Pack 01 ($1.99 per song)
♪ Breed
♪ Lounge Act
♪ On a Plain
♪ Polly
♪ Something in the Way
♪ Stay Away
♪ Territorial Pissings

► Soul Calibur IV
○ Yoda ($4.99)

Updated the list right now, according to 1UP the SCIV DLC is coming this week.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170725

Don

Will Prince of Persia Classic support trophies?
I already bought the 360 version but will probably get it on PS3 as well.

Jim

Y2Kev said:
How long was the exclusivity window? 1 year?

More than a year usually, but definitely varies. A whole lot of exclusiviity windows are ending now, which is why these mystery PSN ports keep appearing.
And yeah, I've heard no Trophies. Most likely a quick a dirty port like Puzzle Quest. Quite a few were/are done and waiting.

For those who didn't follow it when it was released on XBLA: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/princeofpersiaxboxlivearcade/ (they may have to update that info a little bit, heh)
I really enjoyed it, especially being familiar with the original.

Jim

lol.. speak o the devil:

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES PRINCE OF PERSIA® CLASSIC FOR PLAYSTATION®NETWORK

The Original 1989 Classic to Debut on the PlayStation®3 with a Next-Gen Makeover

SAN FRANCISCO - October 20, 2008 - Today, Ubisoft announced that Prince of Persia® Classic will be releasing on the PlayStation®Network on October 23, 2008. Developed by Ubisoft Sofia, this remake of the groundbreaking, critically acclaimed 1989 game features the original's expansive level design, deadly swordplay, puzzle solving and storyline. Designed with Next-Gen consoles in mind, Prince of Persia® Classic features revamped character designs and animations as well as impressive visual and lighting effects in order to give the game a 3D look. Even longtime fans of the original are sure to be in for a surprise when they come across newly added traps, puzzles and enemies. Prince of Persia® Classic for the PlayStation®Network will have an ESRB rating of "T" for Teen.

About Prince of Persia Classic
While the Sultan of Persia is away for a war, the evil Vizier seizes the throne for himself. He has also imprisoned the beautiful Princess and has given her an hour to decide her fate - marry him or die. As the courageous Prince, you have 60 minutes to complete the mission of saving the Princess from her deadly fate.

nofi

BeeDog said:
Is the game worth those precious euros? Any American that can provide some feedback?

It's an indie developed, indie published title. IMO that automatically means 'yes' but then I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams.

Jim

BeeDog said:
Is the game worth those precious euros? Any American that can provide some feedback?

It's difficult, pretty bland looking, and will give your hands cramps (holding down both triggers + using both stick simultaneously for minutes at a time) but it has trophies. It is fun for a few hours if you like roaming overhead shooters, and it's nice to support smaller devs.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Jim said:
More than a year usually, but definitely varies. A whole lot of exclusiviity windows are ending now, which is why these mystery PSN ports keep appearing.
Whats the point of rushing these titles out anyways? Why not sit on them till next year when the release calendar thins out a bit? It's not like they're paying for any marketing or tie-ins.

EktorPR

It sucks that POP Classic doesn't support trophies. I mean, how hard would it be for it to be patched or something?

vercity82

October 23, 2008 Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Action

October 23, 2008 Soldner-X: Himmelssturmer EastAsiaSoft Shooter

this is on IGN release list for this week :)

Speevy

Banned
vercity82 said:
October 23, 2008 Prince of Persia Classic Ubisoft Action

this is on IGN release list for this week :)

Soldner X has been scheduled on IGN for a month.

Spy

Don't trust the IGN release dates for PSN games. For Red Baron they kept bumping the release date up a week and it never came out.

methane47

Spy said:
GAMES

ADD-ONS

► Mega Man 9
○ Hard Mode ($0.99)
○ Expert Mode ($0.99)
○ Special Time Attack Mode ($0.99)

► Soul Calibur IV
○ Yoda ($4.99)

wow those are absolutely ridiculous.

vercity82

is due this month if im correct was stated a few weeks ago and seeing there no major releases it could be true?

yurinka

mmm... how many awesome remain as exclusive? Now I only can remember Geometry Wars 2 and let's say Castle Crashers.

EktorPR

yurinka said:
mmm... how many awesome remain as exclusive? Now I only can remember Geometry Wars 2 and let's say Castle Crashers.

title.jpg

Jim

This Thursday... $15 as expected

PENNY ARCADE GAME LAUNCH AND PRICING CONFIRMED FOR PLAYSTATION®3 SYSTEM

"Episode One" To Slide onto PLAYSTATION®Network October 23

VANCOUVER, British Columbia - Oct. 21, 2008 - Anxious fans and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system owners, the wait is almost over! Hothead today announced that its well-received Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One will arrive on the PLAYSTATION®Network for download on October 23 in North America (other regions to follow shortly thereafter).

The PLAYSTATION Network version of Episode One features newly-implemented PLAYSTATION 3 system features such as trophies, score ranking and background music (BGM) support and will sell at $14.99 USD, representing a greater value to gamers than ever before. In celebration of this long-awaited moment, the Windows®, Mac® and Linux® versions of Episode One currently available on the Greenhouse digital distribution service (www.playgreenhouse.com) will be immediately and permanently reduced to sell at a comparable price.

"We're so excited to finally be able to get this version into gamers' hands," said Vlad Ceraldi, "that we wanted to extend the same value and opportunity to anyone else who hasn't had a chance yet to play Episode One. Other platforms and digital distribution services can make their own decision regarding pricing, of course, but we're recommending under $15 for this and all episodes going forward. Episode Two will be coming to PLAYSTATION Network before Christmas and we are really happy how it turned out."

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One has been rated "M" for Mature by the Electronic Software Ratings Board for all platforms.

So PoP Classic and PAA in one week. I'm sure there will be others, heh.

kuYuri

Jim said:
So PoP Classic and PAA in one week. I'm sure there will be others, heh.

Nice, I haven't bought the XBLA version of PAA yet, so I may get it for PSN.

I'm surprised, it actually came out earlier than expected. It was originally slated for "winter" I believe.

DaFish

chubigans said:
The team said they'd consider a PSN release once the XBLA time was up.

Come on, PS3 owners "like to get high or get drunk and get fucked up and shit" too...

:/

edit: Got Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida or2 from the JP store... its awsome

Jim

Looks like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 are confirmed as PS1 Classics. I'd guess they are planned to be released with the upcoming Capcom PS Storefront.

DaFish

Jim said:
Looks like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 are confirmed as PS1 Classics. I'd guess they are planned to be released with the upcoming Capcom PS Storefront.

Cool... Somthing to use my Arcade Stick with finally.

Jim

Supposedly some sort of WWE Smackdown 09 Demo hitting PSN tomorrow. Not sure which region(s) though.

morlock

DJ GT-S said:
This seems like an appropriate place for a bit of PSP store help (?)

So I decided to try to buy something on the PSN store and...

http://i36.tinypic.com/2eej3tw.png

[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/2ugge9i.png

-_-'

Since when does 466MB not fit into 12GB?[/QUOTE]
There is a new firmware out for that issue.

FW 5.01

[url]http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/10/21/psp-playstation-portable-v501-update/[/url]

yurinka

Jim said:
Looks like Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3 are confirmed as PS1 Classics.
True.

Jim said:
I'd guess they are planned to be released with the upcoming Capcom PS Storefront.
I doubt it. The Capcom PS will be released in weeks, too soon. But instead I think it's possible to see SF2HD, Age of Booty or Flock. And maybe some old retail PSP game.

EktorPR said:
I didn't name Braid because they're working in the PSN version.

kassatsu

Banned
Goldrusher said:
So...who's responsible for tomorrow's thread ?

I can do it, I get off work @ 4:30pm (PST) tomorrow. The US content might be a little late, but everything else should be fine if I make it tonight.

Top Bottom