• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 11/20/08

Lindsay said:
Why is the Capcom Store back to being Staff Picks again?

To Many Add-Ons the Sequel!

Are any of those musics worth getting?

How comes they can't get their own stuff out? There were like 5 PS1 Twisted Metals yet they only got one of 'em on the store right now.... and it came out there over a year ago! SCEA has alot of their own game series up but they are way incomplete.

Because Capcom is now under Games -> Publishers where it belongs.

Sony could get us Legend of Dragoon or GT1 and GT2 in there, they have the same problem on the video store though, a lot of their movies are only for sale and no rent, presumably because of licensing issues.

chubigans said:
Silly me, I thought Sony would throw something up on the PSP store today.

But seriously, why Sony. Why.
they should attempt to do something. there hasn't been a decent game released (psn or otherwise) since june

DMeisterJ

Banned
The PSP store must be in dire straits.

Why make it available on PSP and make it on Media Manager to get away from the web-based interface if we're just going to never update it. They really must have given up on PS1 games, period.

Dante

S bit slow the past few weeks, but not like I even have time for demos and stuff with all the great games coming out.

DMeisterJ said:
The PSP store must be in dire straits.

Why make it available on PSP and make it on Media Manager to get away from the web-based interface if we're just going to never update it. They really must have given up on PS1 games, period.
They plan to make more and more PSP games downloadable on the store (while we haven't gotten PS1 games, we've gotten some PSP UMD games released as a download). Also, the main goal of the PSP Store is to allow for PSP demos and UMD games to be downloaded to it, even those who lack a windows PC and PS3.

Another difficulty with PS1 games in SCEA's mind is just who will they appeal to? There's no way they'll touch the niche franchises the hardcore want such as Intelligent Qube because the game just didn't sell too well on PS1 (and the way they look at it is, if people didn't care about the game before, people don't care now). The more popular games such as Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, Hot Shots Golf, and so on (although some are on the PS Store Store), what's the point in bringing them when there were newer/better versions of the game on PSP? Also, what's the point of bringing games like GT1 and 2 when they look really dated by today and there are many fantastic racers on PSP and PS3? Those who did not play these times of games years ago aren't likely to be interested (due to not holding up well, except for 2D type games and some RPGs), and many of those who played those games might not be as interested due to already playing them or still owning them. It's also difficult because I remember many people being excited over Street Fighter Alpha coming to PS Store, yet many were angry because it was the PS1 version with no online play. Well, that's what will normally happen if a PS1 game comes, it will not have online play and not have enhancements, which people would want. And regardless to what PS1 game gets put up, people will complain (which wouldn't surprise me if that's one reason SCEA doesn't care as much about them).

I could be wrong, but Legend of Dragoon might not be possible to bring as a PS1 download, since I remember hearing it required you to switch discs for different parts of the game, and if that was the case, it might not work. If it was a game that just continued on to another disc without going back it may work, but that's what I thought I heard once (I dunno since I never came close to finishing the game).

Anyway, I played the Moto GP demo and thought it was decent, but definitely not as good as the Moto GP games by Climax (for Xbox platforms). I'm mostly just waiting for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD next week. :D

kuYuri

Multi-disc PS1 games can definitely be done, Xenogears for example is on the JPN store.

It has to be mostly licensing issues, since the JPN store has no problems getting them on there.

Surfheart

Guy LeDouche said:
Did SCEA totally abandon releasing PS1 games? There's at least a dozen or more that I'd buy for the PSP. Which I haven't bought yet because I am waiting for more PS1 games to come out.

Do you hear me Sony? Release PS1 games and I'll buy a PSP. Just waiting...

Shit yeah, I don't know what the fuck the are doing. It's a licence to print money surely?

The MotoGP demo is the only game/video/movie I've played on my PS3 that has bitstreamed over HDMI to my receiver as DTS and not converted to a multichannel PCM stream. It's very weird.

calder

I bought the shit out of the LBP sackboy clothes. I barely play the game (consumed with Lich King and L4D the last few weeks) but damn if I could resist the sackboy locoroco or motostorm. :lol

BoilersFan23 said:
They plan to make more and more PSP games downloadable on the store (while we haven't gotten PS1 games, we've gotten some PSP UMD games released as a download). Also, the main goal of the PSP Store is to allow for PSP demos and UMD games to be downloaded to it, even those who lack a windows PC and PS3.

Another difficulty with PS1 games in SCEA's mind is just who will they appeal to? There's no way they'll touch the niche franchises the hardcore want such as Intelligent Qube because the game just didn't sell too well on PS1 (and the way they look at it is, if people didn't care about the game before, people don't care now). The more popular games such as Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter, Hot Shots Golf, and so on (although some are on the PS Store Store), what's the point in bringing them when there were newer/better versions of the game on PSP? Also, what's the point of bringing games like GT1 and 2 when they look really dated by today and there are many fantastic racers on PSP and PS3? Those who did not play these times of games years ago aren't likely to be interested (due to not holding up well, except for 2D type games and some RPGs), and many of those who played those games might not be as interested due to already playing them or still owning them. It's also difficult because I remember many people being excited over Street Fighter Alpha coming to PS Store, yet many were angry because it was the PS1 version with no online play. Well, that's what will normally happen if a PS1 game comes, it will not have online play and not have enhancements, which people would want. And regardless to what PS1 game gets put up, people will complain (which wouldn't surprise me if that's one reason SCEA doesn't care as much about them).

I could be wrong, but Legend of Dragoon might not be possible to bring as a PS1 download, since I remember hearing it required you to switch discs for different parts of the game, and if that was the case, it might not work. If it was a game that just continued on to another disc without going back it may work, but that's what I thought I heard once (I dunno since I never came close to finishing the game).

Anyway, I played the Moto GP demo and thought it was decent, but definitely not as good as the Moto GP games by Climax (for Xbox platforms). I'm mostly just waiting for Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD next week. :D

It doesn't take that much space, money or time to put a couple of 300 MB ISO files on their petabyte servers and even if it doesn't sell much, it'll keep their hardcore fanbase and customers happy, and that's what Sony (or any other company for that matter) want, returning customers, Nintendo got a shitload of those. The only acceptable problem is licensing issues.

MoogPaul

This is embarrassing. I WANT to spend money now that my PSP can access the PSN but Sony refusing to put anything even remotely interesting on it.

Yeah, that's right GAF, Nintendo has more stuff worth buying on their online network than Sony. That, in itself, is embarrassing.

borsdy

Banned
I googled and found out PSN had a sale on half a dozen games for half price this time last year, will this happen again next week what with the LBP turkey head coming out then too?

fosholv

The LittleBigPlanet Sack in the Box Costume does not show up in my game after I downloaded and installed it. Does anyone know what's wrong ?

YYZ

The Dead Space DLC adds up to $30.50, holy shit.

But who am I to judge? I'm buying the LBP DLC like a damn completest whore.

calder said:
I bought the shit out of the LBP sackboy clothes. I barely play the game (consumed with Lich King and L4D the last few weeks) but damn if I could resist the sackboy locoroco or motostorm. :lol

Yeah the locoRoco ones look cute, I might have to invest in it. However, Ive been spending so much on the Hot Shots Golf Stuff.

kassatsu

Banned
New Japanese Content

LocoRoco 2 Demo
2 Wipeout HD Themes
Yakuza 3 Gameplay Digest
Adhoc Party for PSP Introduction Video

New HK Content

LocoRoco 2 Demo

Hopefully if you have any interest whatsoever in LBP you're already downloading all the free costumes, I checked earlier and the spacesuit has been removed from the store.

kassatsu

Banned
rainking187 said:
Hopefully if you have any interest whatsoever in LBP you're already downloading all the free costumes, I checked earlier and the spacesuit has been removed from the store.
Some items are only available for a short amount of time. The Spacesuit was a "launch week" item. That is why it is no longer available. Another one that is no longer there is the Pumpkin Mask as Halloween has come and gone.

GrayFoxPL

Soldner X was delayed to late november yes, but how late can you get?

They want it out by side of SS2T?

I don't believe it'll be released next week. Seems the delay news was deleted from the official site. It's only in forums.

BULL FUCKIN' SHIT!

:mad:

Oh man, that Dead Kennedy's track pack makes me want to run out and get Rock Band. But wtf at all of the Dead Space DLC. Is any of it actually bonafide content, or is it all just cheats and skins being changed from unlockable secrets to paid for content?

RavenFox

Banned
Holy Moly where the hell did all this come from?

► Dead Space
○ Astronaut Pack ($3.00)
○ Big Gun Pack ($1.00)
○ Heavy Damage Pack ($3.00)
○ Hot Rod Pack ($1.00)
○ Military Pack ($4.00)
○ Pedestrian Pack ($1.50)
○ Scorpion Pack ($4.00)
○ Scorpion Weapon Pack ($2.25)
○ Speed Kills Pack ($2.25)
○ Tank Pack ($4.00)
○ Obsidian Weapon Skin Pack ($1.50)
○ Obsidian Pack ($3.00)

Anyone tried any of these addon packs?

kassatsu said:
Some items are only available for a short amount of time. The Spacesuit was a "launch week" item. That is why it is no longer available. Another one that is no longer there is the Pumpkin Mask as Halloween has come and gone.

Whew I got the space suit just in time. I want the crown but I doubt I will have the dilligence to even pursue making a level.

Next month's Qore teaser in the PSU (R.I.P.) email:

Our December Episode celebrates
the season that we like to call
"Interactivus" in a big way. How
big? Well, so big that, like the
mysteries of the holiday itself,
the details will have to remain a
secret for now. But, we know you
are all curious, so we will give
you one small hint - the best
things in life are free!

wat

jett said:
Tried out the Moto GP 09 demo...what an immense POS!

yep,

the handling is a steaming pile, the turn in is poorly judged by milestone, imo. horrible ai, visuals, audio and rider animation.

does anybody know how much did crapcom layed down for the this 5 year license?

oh, and a one lap demo? total morans.

kassatsu

Banned
fosholv said:
The LittleBigPlanet Sack in the Box Costume does not show up in my game after I downloaded and installed it. Does anyone know what's wrong ?
Which version of the game do you have, and what store did you download from?

Top Bottom