• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 12/22/09 — Polar Panic (US) | LBP Water

peetfeet said:
Premium avatars... whats premium about them? are they animated? or does 'premium' just translate to 'extra'?

I think Premium in this case is just simply the opposite of free.
They're only 20p each and there's many more than the 4 I've seen from Hong Kong.

Kingsgoon

Nice update, will buy (and maybe even some more stuff):
Trine
Pirates of the Caribbean Level Kit
Savage Moon: The Hera Campaign

peetfeet

BlindMonkey said:
I think Premium in this case is just simply the opposite of free.
They're only 20p each and there's many more than the 4 I've seen from Hong Kong.

If it means less duplicates in my friends list, great. But its taking the piss a bit saying they are premium when infact the only difference is that you have to pay.

But then again, themes are the same i guess....

jvm

Gamasutra.
Anyone picked up Savage Moon: Hera Campaign yet? I'm really eager to hear some impressions! (Also, official thread might be a good place for discussion).

Otherwise, very hopeful for a good NA update today. Last week was pretty decent, no?

Then again, there will be a whole week without the drama and then back to (what I presume will be) crap updates starting in January 2010. :|

Fuck Yeah Hustle Kings is finally home.
Does US store update today as well?

A lot of good sales, might have to get another $20 PSN card. Me wants some premium avatars. I'm looking at you Trine and BZB.

DoomGyver

So $1 for a set of 4 avatars.. That's not too bad but they should still add more regular avatars. I don't even recall the last time they updated the avatars.

partoftheplan.jpg

Full Recovery said:
So $1 for a set of 4 avatars.. That's not too bad but they should still add more regular avatars. I don't even recall the last time they updated the avatars.

partoftheplan.jpg

Probably late 2007, considering there are avatars for Uncharted & Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, it's been awhile. :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Probably late 2007, considering there are avatars for Uncharted & Assassin's Creed.

Yeah, it's been awhile. :lol

I think theres some Coles in there so maybe early-mid 2009 for Infamous? Or is that Hale from Resistance, and its been since 2007?

Anyway, what else is there beyond those 4?

LALILULELO

Neo Member
A complete unrelated question (as for some reason cant make a new topic)

Anyone know how to use a Pal PS3 (old model) in Japan?
Do you need a power converter for it (does it really need 220v?)

Thanks if someone can help me further (PM please)

Aru

So DMeisterJ, my source saying that Vagrant was pushed back to next year was wrong.

But NA didn't get the game before us, as planned :p

Maybe it's the Christmas surprise for NA too, though.

SmokyDave

LALILULELO said:

The PS3 has a universal power supply, you'll just need a kettle lead with the appropriate plug.

AndyD

aka andydumi
LALILULELO said:

Cant you just get the correct power cable and you are ready to go? I think the power supply is universal. Also, remember that DLC may pose some limitations.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hustle Kings and LBP water for me (and probably the MGS pack as I didn't get that first time around). Would have considered monster hunter at that price if I hadn't already bought it

How does LBP handle levels created using assets from DLC packs? eg do you need the Pirates pack to play levels that other people create using water/pirates material? Do those levels get hidden from you unless you have the right stuff?

oh, and adhoc party finally for the EU

Ranger X

mrklaw said:
Hustle Kings and LBP water for me (and probably the MGS pack as I didn't get that first time around). Would have considered monster hunter at that price if I hadn't already bought it

How does LBP handle levels created using assets from DLC packs? eg do you need the Pirates pack to play levels that other people create using water/pirates material? Do those levels get hidden from you unless you have the right stuff?

oh, and adhoc party finally for the EU

It's seemless. Everything is in your hard drive already and the game loads up what you need. This means you can play with someone who wears a costume you didn't buy and you can play levels that uses the content you didn't buy. You can also play the POTC levels in multiplayer with someone who bought it.

KZObsessed

Holy shit awesome update!

PSN tho disappointing most of the year has been amazing recently. PJ Shooter, Braid, MGS1 and now Vagrant Story, Hustle Kings, gonna buy Trine, LBP DLC, maybe Loco Roco 2 as well. Might even impulse buy a few others. :lol So good.

DoomGyver

Edeuinu said:
I really wish they'd just add in avatars for beating a game or something. Def getting LBP PotC though.
Well you have to buy the avatars through the store correct? This would mean that the avatars now have a "download code" that could now be included in pre-order bonuses and game cases.

right?

Hustle Kings for me ! Yeah !
But why didn't they made a Pirate level ala MGS ?
I don't want to buy kits anymore. I don't have the time (and patience) to make levels.

BeeDog

Chû Totoro said:
Hustle Kings for me ! Yeah !
I don't want to buy kits anymore. I don't have the time (and patience) to make levels.

Eh? The Pirate/PoTC pack is just like the MSG pack. New trophies, even.

Chû Totoro said:

Might want to actually read about the Pirates pack + Water rather than making blind and foolish assumptions. Yes they do feature levels just like the MGS4 Pack.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Aru said:
So DMeisterJ, my source saying that Vagrant was pushed back to next year was wrong.

But NA didn't get the game before us, as planned :p

Maybe it's the Christmas surprise for NA too, though.

It better be! Or Xenogears

BeeDog said:
Eh? The Pirate/PoTC pack is just like the MSG pack. New trophies, even.
Yeah I've just seen this in the LBP thread !
Ok so now this pack will be mine.
Is there other packs with levels that I could have missed ?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
MrPliskin said:
:lol

So only 4 premium avatars are available?

Uh, no?

Premium Avatars

* LittleBigPlanet – (£0.20/€0.25 each)
o Sackboy Avatar
o Craft Earth Avatar
o My Moon Avatar
o Sky Avatar
o Arrr! Avatar
o Marvin Avatar
o Gloria Avatar
o Great Blue Avatar
o Frost-E Avatar
o Hugo Avatar
o Lily Pad Avatar
o Christmas Tree Avatar
o Santa Avatar
o Giftboy Avatar

side note: flOw trophy patch is finally up in Europe.

Top Bottom