• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell yeah I'm all over this. Nice box art too. I haven't played through any of those games in a few years but have definitely felt the desire lately.

I hope they don't have separate multiplayer for 2&3, I think they should have one multiplayer system called Uncharted Online or whatever, that is a tweaked and polished version of the originals with a map rotation that draws from all 3 games (including the fist).

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
That's like calling the Halo collection the Master Chief Coll...oh.
Makes sense. Many 360 owners switched to Playstation this generation, so they wouldn't have had an opportunity to play Uncharted before. Sony positions it squarely against a limited exclusive Tomb Raider this winter and all is well for 6 months...then the TR deal expires and it comes over.

Best of both worlds.

Will it feature new textures and better polygon models? Or only a higher resolution?

Its probably going to be a straight 1080 / 60 port and some LOD tweaks like TLOU R. Sony never really goes in and does work redoing assets for these things.

I think the most they ever did redoing stuff was fiddling with some textures in Ico.

Uncharted 1 is a weird looking game though. I have to imagine that is going to get some enhancements.

I hope they don't have separate multiplayer for 2&3, I think they should have one multiplayer system called Uncharted Online or whatever, that is a tweaked and polished version of the originals with a map rotation that draws from all 3 games (including the fist).
So put UC4 on hold then?

molnizzle

Cool. I platinumed Uncharted 1 but never played 2 or 3.

This along with Rise of the Tomb Raider should give me my 2015 Indiana Jones fix.

This and GoW3 are the first remasters I don't feel compelled enough to buy full price but will get cheaper. Maybe with all the remasters this gen fatigue's starting to kick in, maybe it's that the original games still look amazing today or I'm not interested in their gameplay anymore, probably it's all of that. It's strange but I do look forward to DMC4SE because of the gameplay, it's so long ago since we had that.

Sony couldn't even handle Driveclub. TLOU on PS4 also had problems matchmaking for months and sometimes is still really bad, and even today is quite slow.

I played TLOU MP in the early days, not once had trouble connecting.

Loudninja

Makes sense. Many 360 owners switched to Playstation this generation, so they wouldn't have had an opportunity to play Uncharted before. Sony positions it squarely against a limited exclusive Tomb Raider this winter and all is well for 6 months...then the TR deal expires and it comes over.

Best of both worlds.
Yep perfect time to release the collection.

VanWinkle

I will buy this, as long as the full multiplayer components are in. I miss UC2 MP so bad. But "Nathan Drake Collection" is so hilariously dumb to me. Every Uncharted game stars Nathan Drake. There's no question about which ones are included; although, if any of them (like Golden Abyss) AREN'T included, it will even add confusion.

gdt

This is by far my most wanted remaster. After this I'm good really.

Unless they do Mass Effect Trilogy (all DLC) but I don't see that happening for whatever reason.

Oddduck

I don't want remakes this generation. . I just want new games.

That's understandable but...

1) PS4 is not backwards compatible with PS3.

2) Many Xbox 360 and Wii owners have switched over to PlayStation 4, and many of them never owned a PS3, which means these Uncharted games are brand new games to them.

Ascenion

The Master Chief Collection was a bad title and this is just as bad if not worse, since it doesn't even make sense. What Uncharted game doesn't star Nathan Drake? I at least understood 343's reasoning.

Edit: How the hell do they plan on fitting this on a single disc? I'd rather not have another day one 15+ GB patch......I'm pretty sure U3 alone was like 40GB.

Christos

I will buy this, as long as the full multiplayer components are in. I miss UC2 MP so bad. But "Nathan Drake Collection" is so hilariously dumb to me. Every Uncharted game stars Nathan Drake. There's no question about which ones are included; although, if any of them (like Golden Abyss) AREN'T included, it will even add confusion.

Golden Abyss is not included if we go by the picture.

Uc games are just not fun the 2nd time becauae they are built around set pieces. Good news for those who havnt played uc though but I wont be buying again

The best game ever made, Resident Evil 4, is also a game based around set pieces, yet I've played through it a dozen times.

Theonik

The Master Chief Collection was a bad title and this is just as bad if not worse, since it doesn't even make sense. What Uncharted game doesn't star Nathan Drake? I at least understood 343's reasoning.
The title sounds like a parody.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I haven't played any of them. I played some of 1 on play station now but stopped because I anticipated this. Will rent for sure.

Kaze2212

They should have called it:
Uncharted: The Master Thief Collection

Mat-triX

So, Naughty Dog is porting all 3 PS3 Uncharted to PS4 for (i'm guessing) $50, and Santa Monica is porting 1 PS3 God of War to PS4 for $40.

diffusionx

Gold Member
I never got through Uncharted 3 so I will probably check this out. It'd be nice if I could download the games individually. These games are nice well-done spectacles but I have zero desire to play through any of them more than once. I guess Sony needs something in its holiday lineup.

So put UC4 on hold then?

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Beefy

Edit: How the hell do they plan on fitting this on a single disc? I'd rather not have another day one 15+ GB patch......I'm pretty sure U3 alone was like 40GB.

Unless there will be more Uncharted's without Nathan...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom