• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I asked this on the other games but how do you guys think this will fit into 1 bluray? Or this will be our first dual bluray this gen? lol

I think you may have been misinformed my friend.

vYH84pf.png

https://twitter.com/RobertCogburn/status/596131864177287170

00KdNds.png

https://twitter.com/RobertCogburn/status/604120130168049665
This tells me that the name Nathan Drake collection refers to SP only for the trilogy pack which makes sense.

So any leaks on the studio behind the port? I want to know if I should be excited or expecting disappointment.

Also, what a strange title. Is it implying that in UC4 Nathan dies? If its just the PS3 games, there definitely could have been a better title.

I'm curious to see how much they improved UC1, just getting rid of the screen tearing will be great but unlike 2 and 3 it wont hold up with a simple resolution bump.

Still not enough to make me sell my PS3 though, too many games I can't play anywhere else and Yakuza 5 still coming.
I'd probably consider it if they released a Demon's Souls remaster though.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
It seems you mistake bluray size.
single layer ~ 25gb
dual layer ~ 50gb
these are the common bluray size unless the companies who keep bluray license change this

I mean two bluray disk. U2-U3 are 35+GB on PS3 I think. I cant imagine this would fit on 50Gb disk

That cover art and title makes it look like a cologne product.

The smell of Greatness awaits!

Two questions remain though:

Who is doing the porting/remastering?
Is Golden Abyss included? (Why else call it "The Nathan Drake Collection" instead of "The Remastered Trilogy" or something alike)

Timurse

Banned
It's gonna be over 100 gigs, how are they gonna manage that? 2 Blu-rays? Is such thing even possible?

I think they will reuse assets in all three games, like stone textures, foliage, sand, fire, particles. The games will look a little bit more unified (especially multiplayer). Plus obviously they can a) ditch some of the localizations, 2) compress sound / texures / other data better than on PS3.
I predict 80Gb for all three games in collection.

BreakAtmo

Sry to say that but all MS has untill this fall/winter in 2015 is ... nothing?

Also:

No Man's Sky, Tearaway, The tomorrow Childern, Rime (i Hope)

Not to mention, didn't we just finish a 6-month period where the PS4 had GGXrd, LBP3, Order 1886 and Bloodborne, and the X1 had... ScreamRide? This sort of stuff goes back and forth. X1 will likely have more exclusive stuff in the holiday period, but then U4 will likely release early 2016 with no competition.

Because of size limitations I'm guessing this will only be the SP campaigns.

Still incredibly excited to replay them. Some of my favourite games from last gen.

sensui-tomo

Didnt really play the original trilogy, so i'm getting this if the changes are good, could care less about mp, also going to guess that UC3's size will be alot smaller due to the removal of 3D footage.

Not to mention, didn't we just finish a 6-month period where the PS4 had GGXrd, LBP3, Order 1886 and Bloodborne, and the X1 had... ScreamRide? This sort of stuff goes back and forth. X1 will likely have more exclusive stuff in the holiday period, but then U4 will likely release early 2016 with no competition.

Well Quantum Break and the Gears Remaster will likely launch Spring 2016 so MS will have some games for the early half of next year I believe.

Still looks like Sony has Uncharted 4 and R&C at a minimum so both companies should have plenty to offer.

Rurunaki

Can't they make it like TLoU remaster where Single Player was basically in disc whilst MP was pretty much a download addon?

Ricky_R

For some reason I don't really feel motivated to get this collection even though I'm a huge Uncharted fan.

I jumped on TLOU:R in a heartbeat and my PS3 play-through was still pretty fresh, which is weird. Maybe it's the fact that I replayed the Uncharted games quite a lot.

Can't they make it like TLoU remaster where Single Player was basically in disc whilst MP was pretty much a download addon?

Potentially but remember if this is outsourced (and it almost certainly will be) then porting over multiplayer for two different games is a tall order and without care we could see another MCC scenario happening. I think best case here is we see one of the game's multiplayer modes included (Maybe UC2?). For several reasons -

1. To keep from fragmenting the player base
2. To save on disc space
3. To help out the team porting these games over

Quite frankly, with UC4 likely releasing within 4-5 months of this collection I don't really see the point of going the extra mile to include a multiplayer mode. Especially if they include a beta for the UC4 multiplayer.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Golden Abyss will be a secret unlockable... maybe. I never completed it, so it would be nice to be included... it has Nathan Drake after all.

That's precisely why Golden Abyss HD should be included as an extra or something.

Boke1879

Potentially but remember if this is outsourced (and it almost certainly will be) then porting over multiplayer for two different games is a tall order and without care we could see another MCC scenario happening. I think best case here is we see one of the game's multiplayer modes included (Maybe UC2?). For several reasons -

1. To keep from fragmenting the player base
2. To save on disc space
3. To help out the team porting these games over

Quite frankly, with UC4 likely releasing within 4-5 months of this collection I don't really see the point of going the extra mile to include a multiplayer mode. Especially if they include a beta for the UC4 multiplayer.

UC4 beta code needs to be included

Liamc723

I don't understand why people don't expect multiplayer to be included? It was a part of all 3 games, it should be included in the remastering.

Why would they not include Uncharted MP? They'd be stupid not to include it. I do hope we get a Uncharted 4 mp beta key with this as well.

I don't understand why people don't expect multiplayer to be included? It was a part of all 3 games, it should be included in the remastering.

Well UC1 didn't have multiplayer.

And it's very hard to port over two separate multiplayer modes from 2 separate games and have them running smoothly on a new console. See Halo.

I see this as more of a refresher on the story / characters or an introduction for new players who haven't played them before, to drum up excitement and build a new audience for UC4.

Liamc723

Well UC1 didn't have multiplayer.

And it's very hard to port over two separate multiplayer modes from 2 separate games and have them running smoothly on a new console. See Halo.

I see this as more of a refresher on the story / characters or an introduction for new players who haven't played them before, to drum up excitement and build a new audience for UC4.

The Halo MCC had 4 separate multiplayers, this is only 2. Multiplayer should definitely be there, it's a big part of the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom