• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation+ subscribers increased 22% in 2020

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO2...sed-by-22-yoy-to-474m-subscribers-in-2020.htm
Source: https://www.safebettingsites.com/20...reased-by-22-yoy-to-474m-subscribers-in-2020/

According to data presented by Safe Betting Sites, Playstation Plus grew to 47.4M subscribers in 2020 – a 22% YoY increase from 2019.

As of December 2020, there were 47.4M PS Plus subscribers, a 22% YoY increase from 2019. There were also 114M active users of PSN’s free digital entertainment service as of the same time period.

SJ6ZOr.jpg

ui5p9O.jpg

I see they can do nice animated infographics, but what's the source here? Why not just wait a week until the official Sony report?

BatSu

Source: https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO2...sed-by-22-yoy-to-474m-subscribers-in-2020.htm
Source: https://www.safebettingsites.com/20...reased-by-22-yoy-to-474m-subscribers-in-2020/

According to data presented by Safe Betting Sites, Playstation Plus grew to 47.4M subscribers in 2020 – a 22% YoY increase from 2019.

As of December 2020, there were 47.4M PS Plus subscribers, a 22% YoY increase from 2019. There were also 114M active users of PSN’s free digital entertainment service as of the same time period.

SJ6ZOr.jpg

ui5p9O.jpg

giphy.gif

vivftp

We'll likely get an updated PS+ count next week on the 28th when Sony gives their FY report. With the high attachment rate of PS5 owners having Plus (and even those who didn't previously have Plus), the increase of quality in the game offerings and the fact that the pandemic is still ongoing I wouldn't be surprised if they've crossed 50 million subs.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

SJ6ZOr.jpg

ui5p9O.jpg

final-5f988cdba3173f0062d88691-2.gif

Bo_Hazem

Banned
We'll likely get an updated PS+ count next week on the 28th when Sony gives their FY report. With the high attachment rate of PS5 owners having Plus (and even those who didn't previously have Plus), the increase of quality in the game offerings and the fact that the pandemic is still ongoing I wouldn't be surprised if they've crossed 50 million subs.

Yup, it's the biggest gaming subscription by a large margin! With their new offering it's a must-have. Got some great games from it so far.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
PS Plus has been killing it lately. It also helps that it's cheap, I got a one year subscription for 40 Euros.

Yeah from CDKeys or something? Also they're forced to put a PS5 game every month, and that opens the door for some pretty good games around. I think the quality might degrade going forward when there are more mediocre next gen games, I don't know.

Last edited:

sircaw

Banned
Ps plus, my backlog is simply incredible. Days gone and control and + a host of other amazing games still to be played.

Considering the price i paid, and the quality you get, it's simply amazing.

I am basically paying 35 quid a year and maybe buying a few games on a super cheap sale.

One very happy playstation gamer :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:

Kerotan

50 million subs would be insane. I know high iq gamers like myself by it on sale annually but that's offset by the low iq gamers who buy it monthly or quarterly. 50M subs is 3BN a year. Sony will be very happy.

Yeah from CDKeys or something? Also they're forced to put a PS5 game every month, and that opens the door for some pretty good games around. I think the quality might degrade going forward when there are more mediocre next gen games, I don't know.
Yep, I mostly buy from CDKeys. Just looked it up and it's 50 Euros currently. For Americans it's an absolute steal, only 25 Euros for an entire year. Lucky.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
They do in my country in Asia. Like a lot.

Next would be League and Dota 2. They sell microtransactions like hotcakes.

Yeah and the profit margin is pretty massive. Funny how Sony Music is probably making more money than all PS Studios 1st party games combined have made in the last gen with Fate/Grand Order:

top-mobile-games-worldwide-revenue-january-2021.png

Yup, that's Sony but not PlayStation, lol. That game cost only $100K to make and made more than $4B revenue by late 2019, so it might have passed $5B by now.

Last edited:

betrayal

Banned
GamePass probably has about 18 to 20 million subscribers. PS+ has 47 million subscribers.

GamePass costs Microsoft many times more than what PS+ costs Sony, and GamePass is also available on PC.

This is going to be interesting. Maybe Sony is not as stupid as some think. The numbers still prove them right at the moment.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
GamePass probably has about 18 to 20 million subscribers. PS+ has 47 million subscribers.

GamePass costs Microsoft many times more than what PS+ costs Sony, and GamePass is also available on PC.

This is going to be interesting. Maybe Sony is not as stupid as some think. The numbers still prove them right at the moment.

Big factor in GamePass and PS Now being overall expensive is dedicated hardware and necessary HW for cloud gaming. If they cut that out and only make it download-based you would see both can go aggressively with PS Now and GamePass, and yet can be much profitable.

Top Bottom