• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita logo revealed?

yencid

vita is is.

bathala said:
wat does PS Vitameans
MKVwD.png

Anticitizen One said:
psp was a flop. It wouldn't be good business sense to call it that. Same reason Nintendo didnt call the GBA the Virtual Boy 2
It wasnt a flop but I agree that Sony needed to distance themselves from the product.

When its written with all the letters so close together, it looks like something your cat might type out on the keyboard if you left him alone too long.

Damn, I was hoping the actual console would read "PlayStation Vita" instead of "PSVITA." Too many letters strung together without spaces. Hurts my brain.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
It was Sony's turn to make up a stupidass title and they delivered.

Salsa

It actually bothers me from the "Sony doing exactly what Nintendo did" aspect.

Although its weird, cause even if it sounds "wii-like", i dont really see it considering the titles they've shown.

The name is confusing, it doesnt appeal to the core audience they are trying to lure in with games like Uncharted, Wipeout, etc, but instead it sounds more aimed towards the wii audience.

I dont know.

I quite like the continuity/flow of the linework. Plus, I like the name.

Vita. Thumbs up.

EDIT: I dunno where the confusion is, though. Vita = latin for 'life', or 'way of life'. It's one of those lofty marketing applications that actually resonates with the product IF Sony gets the multimedia functionality right. I don't want it to be a half-and-half deal like the original. Sony should have pursued the PSP's functionality down to a honed, lean clutch of apps and uses, but it was a bit clunky - and not just due to hardware size.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Baller said:
Damn, I was hoping the actual console would read "PlayStation Vita" instead of "PSVITA." Too many letters strung together without spaces. Hurts my brain.
That would look better.

Peterthumpa

SalsaShark said:
It actually bothers me from the "Sony doing exactly what Nintendo did" aspect.

Although its weird, cause even if it sounds "wii-like", i dont really see it considering the titles they've shown.

The name is confusing, it doesnt appeal to the core audience they are trying to lure in with games like Uncharted, Wipeout, etc, but instead it sounds more aimed towards the wii audience.

I dont know.
In the end, I think that unless it was named PSGEOHOT or PSLULZ or whatever, it wouldn't make a lot of difference. People get used to strange names.

whitehawk

Banned
The M.O.B said:
More than the stupid name, I was hoping they would overhaul that ui, the bubble menu is not doing it for me :/
Dude the bubble UI is exactly the same as iOS. Except instead of square icons, they are circles... and bubbles.

Peterthumpa

The M.O.B said:
More than the stupid name, I was hoping they would overhaul that ui, the bubble menu is not doing it for me :/
Yes, the bubble menu looks like something straight from a design trainee. At least I hope that the notification system when gaming is ok. Maybe we could even get a browser without exiting like the Steam overlay?

\dreams

Ashes

Banned
B1gg_Randall said:
I hope the name grows on me but right now I hate it..

It might do. Cause I thought it was crap to being with. PSV is already familiar to me because of football club, so perhaps that's why I came round sooner than others.

Replicant

Vini. Vidi. Vita.

Yeah, I know it's fucking lame. Just like the name. Even PSV would be better.

The scary thing is the likelihood that this name being real is pretty high. After all, Sony did go with the name of Playstation Move instead of whatever they wanted to use at first.

And yeah that UI also got to go. /bitching

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Chamber said:
Don't see the problem with Vita. What gaming device has a good name anyway?
Dreamcast.
Saturn.

NES
SNES
GC
GB

I think that's about it.

Well, PS counts too. Fitting and to the point, like GB. Same for PSP. Don't like the "sequels" with numbers though.

Chiggs

I really hope the build quality is good. The lack of a UMD drive should make things come together more.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Alextended said:
Dreamcast.
Saturn.
Genesis.

NES
SNES
GC
GB

I think that's about it.

Well, PS counts too. Fitting and to the point, like GB.
I'll agree with Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast. Sega just kicked ass at naming their shit. :p

Don't agree with any of the Nintendo names. Gamecube is as bad as it gets.

Top Bottom