• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita = TWO HUNDRED FORTY NINE US DOLLARS ($249)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoibie

Opus Angelorum said:
So we are looking at £220+ in the UK for the Wi-Fi.

Probably. Although considering the PS3 and the Vita are the same price in the US, there's a chance we could get it for £199. I'm not holding my breath though.

gofreak said:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/09/vita-hands-on-tokyo-game-show/

SCEJ :bow :bow

(Although SCEA should have done better for their press also! Methinks they need more units on the showfloor too...)

The point they are trying to get across is completely destroyed by Wired whinning about not getting priority access, when it's almost a given additional events will be held in the US and Europe before Vita launches.

Yes, it sucks. However, if you see how the situation looks like - be there earlier, figure out with the others how you will line up, etc.

Castor Krieg said:
What's that Dark Quest from Ubisoft? Ubicrap?
It's the Japanese name for Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. It's made by Gameloft and there is already a PSN version of it.

Edit: Forgot to hit preview before posting.

SolidSnakex said:
Dark Quest is Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, which is a Gameloft game. Dark Quest is just its Japanese name.

archnemesis said:
It's the Japanese name for Dungeon Hunter: Alliance. It's made by Gameloft and there is already a PSN version of it.

Thx, Ubicrap then. I'm pretty sure there's also an iOS version.

Tizoc

StuBurns said:
BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend - 2D fighting game (Arc System Works)
Project N.O.E.L.S. (working title) - music player (Arc System Works)
3gokushi touchbattle (working title) - MMO/RTS (AQ Interactive)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - fighting game (Capcom) - Launch title
Nature of Night of Kamaitachi - 11th visitor, A Suspect (tentative) - adventure: sound novel (Chunsoft)
F1 2011 - racing game (Codemasters)
Dream C Club Zero Portable - dating simulation game (D3 Publisher)
Niconico - Niconico (Dwango)
Fis Oh - sport fishing (Kadokawa Games)
Katamari Damacy (working title) - roll-'em-up (Namco Bandai)
Ridge Racer (working title) - racing game (Namco Bandai)
Disgaea 3 Return - strategy RPG (Nippon Ichi Software)
Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition - sport tennis (Sega)
@field - sport golf (Sonic Powered)
Uncharted: Golden - action adventure (Sony)
Little Deviants - mini-game collection (Sony)
Minnato Issho - social communications (Sony(
Hot Shots Golf Next (Everybody's Golf Next) - sport golf (Sony)
Yuusha no kiroku (TBD) - life management (Sony)
Monster Radar - location-based game (Sony)
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja - stealth action (Spike)
Army Corps of Hell - action (Square Enix)
Lord of Apocalypse - action RPG (Square Enix)

Dynasty Warriors Next - action with a bit of thinking (Tecmo Koei)
Dark Quest - RPG (Ubisoft)
Michael Jackson: The Experience HD - rhythm action (Ubisoft)
Italics are ones i'm interested in, Uncharted is prob. the only game I'm looking forward to lol.
Only other game I'd get on launch with UC is Gravity Daze/Rush.

thuway

This launch unit has me so hyped. I generally have a rule against purchasing hardware in the first two years. I've been burned one too many times with hardware refreshes or poor build quality. I'll wait for the early adopters to beta test durability.

With that said, Ye Sony Faithful- we must be vigilant in making sure Sony follows through on promises. I want to see-

Future PS3 and Playstation Vita Remote Play functionality become a mainstay and a reality.
This feature is the future. Someway, somehow, they have to figure out how to eliminate lag.

A wired PS3 + Wireless N Playstion Vita = Uncharted / Killzone / LBP anywhere in the world Remotely.

homer-drool.gif

StuBurns

Banned
Tizoc said:
Italics are ones i'm interested in, Uncharted is prob. the only game I'm looking forward to lol.
Only other game I'd get on launch with UC is Gravity Daze/Rush.
In quotes everything is in italics.

Mr_Brit

Banned
Pazuzu9 said:
Why does it stop at the edge of the display then? I would expect to see a reflection on the black frame just above it too.
I guess the plastic frame isn't as reflective as the glass screen.

Pazuzu9 said:
Why can I see backlight bleed in the top left? I thought OLEDs have no backlights.
They don't. I think that is just the blue-ish tint of the screen due to the antireflective filter. I know the Samsung Galaxy screens have a blue hue under heavy lighting.

Mr_Brit said:
I guess the plastic frame isn't as reflective as the glass screen.
I'm pretty sure the glass extends over the frame in one solid piece, which would reduce the effect of that.

I'm comparing it to my black iPad switched off, which should look very similar to a Vita displaying a black screen when switched on. It's very difficult to achieve a light reflection that looks like that photo. It's almost as if the panel has been slightly curved in the top corner due to a manufacturing fault.

adam.chance

Neo Member
I have a stupid question that I think I know the answer to. I am moving to Japan for a few months in December. If I buy the 3g Vita will the 3g work in the US if I move back?

Gravijah

adam.chance said:
I have a stupid question that I think I know the answer to. I am moving to Japan for a few months in December. If I buy the 3g Vita will the 3g work in the US if I move back?

I don't think so since they are using entirely different carriers.

Fou-Lu

Out of the Japanese launch list the only game I'm interested in is Lord of Apocalypse. I have a bit of Disgaea burn out; otherwise, Disgaea 3 would be on my list of games to get.

StuBurns

Banned
The screen is subsurface right? so if the light is actually coming in from below for some reason it could be hitting only the screen, not the whole unit.

It's much more likely to be a production issue though.

EDIT: With that new image, no way it's light.

Pazuzu9 said:
enhanced image for those with shite monitors:

vitaof.jpg
Just like I thought, it's the blue color of the AR filter. OLED doesn't have a backlight, and you wouldn't be able to see idling luminance in an environment that bright anyway. You have to be in dark rooms for that to show.

For those of you looking at that TRU deal, the voucher WILL NOT be honoured.

I rang a friend of mine who is a multimedia manager at TRU and they explained that no vouchers giving a percentage off EVER work for electronics and multimedia.

The only exception to this was a recent voucher that gave 20% off all Cars 2 merchandise. The Cars 2 DS, PS3, 360 and Wii games were included in that offer, but on the day the deal started, they put the prices up on the games to negate any savings you'd make.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
IonicSnake said:
Have they said anything if the Vita uses gorilla glass?

Good question, I hope they at least use some variant.

Love my Droid X partly for that reason.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
the vita's os is so in depth, it's taking me for ever. soon as i finish one section, i find something new about the OS. probably the most capable mobile OS.

SO MUCH TO DO.

few more hours...maybe

H_Prestige said:
Just like I thought, it's the blue color of the AR filter. OLED doesn't have a backlight, and you wouldn't be able to see idling luminance in an environment that bright anyway. You have to be in dark rooms for that to show.
Good point. Looks odd though, like something (the filter perhaps) has been fitted unevenly.

Tarin02543

Bad_Boy said:
the vita's os is so in depth, it's taking me for ever. soon as i finish one section, i find something new about the OS. probably the most capable mobile OS.

SO MUCH TO DO.

few more hours...maybe

wth...you have a vita?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
StuBurns said:
Wasn't one of the mods working on a PSV line up thread? It'd be nice to have one for the two handhelds at the moment.
I have one with the pre-TGS announcements ready, but I still need to find good media for the new announcements. Give me a little bit longer and I'll get it up.

StuBurns

Banned
Nirolak said:
I have one with the pre-TGS announcements ready, but I still need to find good media for the new announcements. Give me a little bit longer and I'll get it up.
Cool, did you happen to catch any update on Broken? I've not seen anything about it since the system reveal event. Will there be a 3DS thread too?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
StuBurns said:
Cool, did you happen to catch any update on Broken? I've not seen anything about it since the system reveal event. Will there be a 3DS thread too?
Um, I haven't looked into a 3DS thread yet, but I'll definitely think about it if people won't club me to death for being selective in what gets listed.

I'm unsure about Broken. I'll check SCEJ's TGS page though in a bit.

StuBurns

Banned
Nirolak said:
Um, I haven't looked into a 3DS thread yet, but I'll definitely think about it if people won't club me to death for being selective in what gets listed.

I'm unsure about Broken. I'll check SCEJ's TGS page though in a bit.
I can't imagine there will be much uproar if you neglect to include the Love Plus +s of the world.
As we learned earlier this week, a new JRPG by Level-5 is already being developed for the PS Vita and I can’t wait to see what Hino and his team can do with the Wave Motion Cannon.
I didn't know that, could potentially be cool.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
During the Play LIVE event hosted by Sony at Tokyo Game Show, Level-5 President and CEO Akihiro Hino has been asked to describe the PS Vita. His answer was quite interesting and colorful: “Hard Like a Battleship”“

Glad I'm not the only one who had that experience. Didn't know Level-5 already had something going for the Vita either.

Captain N

anddo0 said:
If the western launch mirrored that list I'd get.

BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend
Virtua Tennis 4
Hot Shots Golf
Uncharted: Golden
Lord of Apocalypse

One game I want that will probably be day 1 for US is Rayman Origins.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
DMPrince said:
It's probably just dark cloud 3 under a new name.

The thought of a new Dark Cloud game makes me so... why would you do this to me!?

duckroll said:
Oh I see. So he's saying that the Vita is like a makeshift last ditch overpowered final weapon that Sony has built out of the rotting carcass of the PSP, and that no one working on the development of the Vita expects to survive their mission? Makes sense.

Oh wow lol... post of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom