• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Demos Coming to Retailers Nationwide Starting Tomorrow

Loudninja

Earlier this week at E3 we announced that PlayStation VR will officially launch in North America on October 13. But we know many of you have been asking – ‘When can I try PlayStation VR out and see some of the great games to come?’ Well, tomorrow and Saturday (June 17 and 18), we’re going to offer PS VR demos at more than 30 Best Buy and GameStop locations. Starting on June 24, that number will expand to about 300 locations across the US and Canada.
Click here to visit our website where you’ll be able to quickly and easily find locations where PS VR demos are available now and in the future. In addition to retail locations, you’ll also be able to see Road to Greatness tour locations where PS VR will be playable. Here are the cities where demos will be available tomorrow and Saturday:

Baltimore MD
Boston MA
Chicago IL
Cincinnati OH
Cleveland OH
Columbia SC
Columbus OH
Dallas TX
Denver CO
Detroit MI
Fayetteville AR
Ft. Lauderdale FL
Grand Rapids MI
Hartford CT
Houston TX
Los Angeles CA
Milwaukee WI
Minneapolis MN
New York NY
San Francisco CA
Tampa FL
Toledo OH
Washington D.C.
West Palm Beach FL
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...ng-to-retailers-nationwide-starting-tomorrow/

Fisty

Heh nice, I can walk to the BB near me with PSVR tmrw. Didnt get to try EVE at PSX, I think ill give that one a shot

I own a Rift, just had a chance to try a Vive and I will soon give PSVR a look as well. I already have one preordered and paid in full but I still want to try it out.

Woah, I'm genuinely surprised a Best Buy near me will have it next week.

Can't wait!

Everyone make sure to post your impressions. I'm willing to bet this will blow a few minds.

Cloud7

Niceeee. The Sony E3 2016 Press Conference was the first time something actually convinced me to want to try VR. I can't wait.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Closest one to me is like an hour away.

Idk how i feel about putting something on my head a hundred other dudes try on. I'll wait for friday impressions to see if i want to make that road trip saturday.

0 demo location in GTA??? Are you even trying Sony?

Edit: Actually I think the search doesn't show any location in Canada lol

a916

Good. It's really hard to get a feel for it by watching trailers.

Can't wait... however that $700CDN bundle, ouch.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Better get on it quick before the headsets get encrusted with all manner of foul and sticky things.

daveo42

Banned
Gonna brave the unwashed masses tomorrow to go to the one in Cincy. Really hope I get a shot at checking some games out and bolster my need for picking a headset up come October.

Quonny

Zero in Lafayette, Indiana and nothing close.

Seems kinda like a missed opportunity, as there's nothing between Indianapolis and Chicago.

fuck u sony

Went to the website expecting to be disappointed. Put in my zip code and the Best Buy closest to me will have it starting June 24th. Very curious to check it out.

Edit: Is there an age recommendation for VR? Just curious if I should bring my son with me. He's only 5 though.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Get there early so you can get your fill before people start jamming their sweaty heads into those things. We all know how demo kiosks look after a month.
Be sure to bring some disinfecting wipes.
Better get on it quick before the headsets get encrusted with all manner of foul and sticky things.
Trying to decide if I should Purell the headset before use, Purell my head afterwards or both.
:lol

timlot

Banned
@ Gamestop hmm. Don't forget...
51Lft%2BpYvsL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Oozer3993

The closest Best Buy to me will have it tomorrow. I was not expecting that. Looks like I'll be heading out of work a little early to try to beat the rush.

Vlaphor

Nearest one to me is about 55 miles away...but it's near a bunch of stuff I love to do anyway, so I may check it out on Saturday

They mention Ft. Lauderdale but there's a few locations in Miami-Dade as well, including some close to me!

Hopefully it isn't packed on Saturday...

SNIKT!

Anyone else love the fact that the working titles for the ps4 upcoming hardware is/was project Neo and project Morpheus? I dig that. Neo the GOAT and Morpheus opens our minds to (virtual) reality.

....How high am I?

Yes.

The time specific windows and dates makes me think there will be rep or store employee there to manage the demo and (hopefully) sanitize the unit.

gross. it's at Gamestop for me here. which is like 10 minutes away.

6/25 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
7/2 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
7/9 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM

Best Buy i would have been okay but GS? nah. i'll hold out.

Top Bottom