• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Demos Coming to Retailers Nationwide Starting Tomorrow

olitheoblong

Neo Member
Does anyone feel they announced VR too early? Should of announced it this e3, my hype has kind of died down for it, although I'll still be buying it, the way I'd do it is announce it this e3 say it's in stores for you to try now and it's avaliable in 4 months.

Does anyone feel they announced VR too early? Should of announced it this e3, my hype has kind of died down for it, although I'll still be buying it, the way I'd do it is announce it this e3 say it's in stores for you to try now and it's avaliable in 4 months.

I feel like PSVR has had very little presence even at E3. I figure there'd be more talk about it given that it launches in four months, and there are 50 games due out in the next six months.

Wait, so is this a special event or are they just installing kiosks that will stay in these stores indefinitely? Because I'll be out of town this weekend, but I live right near one.

I would hope that it's like most VR demos and the store has someone stationed with the unit with wipes ready to use between people.

I tried the Vive yesterday at a Microsoft Store and sweated that shit up like nasty. Glad they wiped it up right after. I felt bad.

Sephzilla

gross. it's at Gamestop for me here. which is like 10 minutes away.

6/25 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
7/2 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
7/9 Saturday: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM

Best Buy i would have been okay but GS? nah. i'll hold out.

You think the sweaty gross gamers aren't going to go to the kiosk if it's in a Best Buy?

Nice, this shows that they have confidence in their product. I can see the final revision getting rave reviews when its released.

The only thing that would keep me from doing it in a Gamestop would be store size. It would be like doing it in the back of Volkswagen.

tcrunch

ANWxjPL.png

oh...

okay...

Grinchy

Banned
Nice, they are actually doing one way closer to me than the first list was showing. I may go and try this out after all.

iCodec

Sony's VR presentation at E3 this year was awful and made me question my pre-order. Definitely going to go try it out.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Uh oh, I finally get to try a high end VR headset.

And yes I mean PSVR. I tried a mobile phone one from some company I never heard of before. And it was fine.

I expect PSVR to wow me vs that mobile one.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Will need to try one out asap before they get coated in pink eye germs.

Crumpo

Any of these coming to Europe do you guys think?

I expect each retailer will announce some kind of demo program in due course...there's still lots of time!

The biggest problem I see is that all the main videogame retailers in the UK are online...I have had a happy last few years not stepping into a GAME store; I'd like to keep it that way.

Top Bottom