• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Currently playing Statik, nearing the end even. Great little puzzle game. At first you have no idea what to do in each room, but as you fiddle around with the button functions on your fidget cube, you slowly figure it out. Definitely try this if it's ever on sale.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

Gibbo

After 1 week of owning the VR,I think the game that impressed me the most is still VR Playroom. Sony should really expand on that- I wouldn't mind paying for a more fleshed out VR Playroom

vivftp

Looks like some Canadian retailers picked up stock and sold out of the Aim controllers. Bestbuy.ca finally lists it, but it's sold out everywhere it seems.

Fortunately I found it still on amazon.com for a reasonable price and managed to pick it up. That darned site, doesn't really even let you seem to convert the currency so I can check how much I'm paying in CAD, even though it says you should be able to.

Oh well, worst case it looks like I might end up paying about 20 dollars more for it than I would have at a Canadian retailer. I can live with that :)

Toxa

i've recently bought the PSVR+cam+move with farpoint+gun bundle and eve walkyrie.

farpoint is just awesome best fps experience ever
valkyrie is great.

I trtied RE7 kitchen demo and it was insane need to buy it

Planet

Welcome! :D

youboughtapsvr.gif

Kitchen demo is crap IMHO. Check out the Resident Evil Beginning Hour demo for something much better. You can even earn a (small) boon for the full game if you are either extremely clever or know where YouTube is. XD

And don't sleep on The PlayRoom VR! It's great! And free! :]

Toxa

Welcome! :D

youboughtapsvr.gif

Kitchen demo is crap IMHO. Check out the Resident Evil Beginning Hour demo for something much better. You can even earn a (small) boon for the full game if you are either extremely clever or know where YouTube is. XD

And don't sleep on The PlayRoom VR! It's great! And free! :]

thanks dude :)

the begining hour demo is also vr compatible ? well I'll try tonight then
is the entire game is as good as the kitchen demo ?

I'll try to give a chance to the playroom vr :)

ffvorax

thanks dude :)

the begining hour demo is also vr compatible ? well I'll try tonight then
is the entire game is as good as the kitchen demo ?

I'll try to give a chance to the playroom vr :)

They updated the demo to be VR compatible.

I suggest to download the Demo collection. Is huge but you can try a lot of games... be aware that all the demo are no Pro patched. (if you have a pro)

Missing VR. Been super busy with work.

Bought Redout and tweeted the developer that I need a PSVR patch asap. WipEout collection was fun but they dropped the ball not offering VR add-on.

Can't wait for Moss, Megaton Rainfall, The Inpatient, and Bravo Team. Skyrim VR if I decide to make the best worst decision of my life.

Not as interested in Fallout VR anymore if they are skipping all the DLC.

ffvorax

I own the pro

Good, so be aware that complete games are mostly better in term of graphic.

When I bought a Pro and I played again Rush of Blood I noticed a BIG difference! (please 2 moves or skip it... it's a complete different experience)
Also RE7 looks better.

MattAces

https://twitter.com/34bigthings/status/902171681795575812

Please make some noise to the dev, make sure they know we want it. Oh and it's redout.
fuck sony and wipeout hd collection.
ZtXEYAW.png

vlEw32E.png

Question for any new (Euro region) PSVR owners - have they updated the pack-in demo disc or is it still the original 8 titles? (Driveclub VR, RIGS, Tumble VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Battlezone, EVE Valkyrie, Headmaster and Wayward Sky)

The downloadable version on PS Store had more demos. Wondered if they was still the case.

Guppeth

Question for any new (Euro region) PSVR owners - have they updated the pack-in demo disc or is it still the original 8 titles? (Driveclub VR, RIGS, Tumble VR, PlayStation VR Worlds, Battlezone, EVE Valkyrie, Headmaster and Wayward Sky)

The downloadable version on PS Store had more demos. Wondered if they was still the case.
Mine didn't even have a pack-in disc.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
i've recently bought the PSVR+cam+move with farpoint+gun bundle and eve walkyrie.

farpoint is just awesome best fps experience ever
valkyrie is great.

I trtied RE7 kitchen demo and it was insane need to buy it

I hope you haven't played RE7 in 'regular' mode because it really needs to be experienced in VR for the first time, unforgettable.

Finished Statik yesterday and playing Wayward Sky today. I love these games that can be finished in one or two sittings, I'm hoping WS is another one of those.

Statik is another game that makes me wonder why I ever was a VR skeptic. When it's done well you really get a unique experience.

ffvorax

I hope you haven't played RE7 in 'regular' mode because it really needs to be experienced in VR for the first time, unforgettable.

Finished Statik yesterday and playing Wayward Sky today. I love these games that can be finished in one or two sittings, I'm hoping WS is another one of those.

Statik is another game that makes me wonder why I ever was a VR skeptic. When it's done well you really get a unique experience.

Wayward Sky is not too long, but I really enjoyed it! So yes you can finish it in short time. I say 4-5h at max.

Toxa

I was wondering the same because on my demo disc the shark attack experience was locked I must buy the full game to play it

I've played only the begining hour demo I didn't care that much about the game , I was a huge biohazard fan (until re4) before the series went to trash.
but since I understand it's real unique VR experience I just bought the game on the ps store

Planet

I was wondering the same because on my demo disc the shark attack experience was locked I must buy the full game to play it
That doesn't change wether you downloaded the demo collection or installed it from disc. But the disc had for some reason only about half of the demos the downloaded version featured (EU only, US was identical).
I've played only the begining hour demo I didn't care that much about the game
You loved the Kitchen demo but disliked the Beginning Hour? Strange...

Toxa

That doesn't change wether you downloaded the demo collection or installed it from disc. But the disc had for some reason only about half of the demos the downloaded version featured (EU only, US was identical).

You loved the Kitchen demo but disliked the Beginning Hour? Strange...

Ok so will download the demo collection on the store

different experience flat screen vs VR :D

when I played the begining hour demo it was just only the original release where you basicly nothing and since it was again a non resident evil game I wasn't interested at all

now I don't care if it's a resident game or not all it matters is the vr experience for me now

Planet

Ah, ok. Then believe me, RE7 gets really resident-evilish a little later on. It gave me some of that classic RE (1-3, CV) feeling back, while providing something new (1st person view, VR).

Still missing zombies, though.

panda-zebra

RIGS on plus, will take that. EDIT: Might be EU only, doesn't seem to be in the NA PS+ list. EDIT 2: It's there in tiny text below apparently lol

MattAces

DWVR is coming very soon. They are stuck in the classic certification now, initial plan was Sept 12, most likely will be delayed. This is the game with Aim support.
D9IVUi5.png

Also holy shit at first major PSVR title in PS+

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
DWVR is coming very soon. They are stuck in the classic certification now, initial plan was Sept 12, most likely will be delayed. This is the game with Aim support.
D9IVUi5.png

Also holy shit at first major PSVR title in PS+

What is DWVR?

BTails

Nice get with Rigs! I own the game, but I'd be into jumping back in, especially considering the multiplayer might not be dead this time.

Top Bottom