• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 releasing in early 2023

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Why? We already got a state of play with vr games, now we got a release window.
Who's to say we won't just get another state of play closer to release date?
i dont think they will release a VR state of play closer to release date, probably in this year for the hype

maybe a showcase according to this twitter if true?

Last edited:
i dont think they will release a VR state of play closer to release date, probably in this year for the hype

maybe a showcase according to this twitter if true?

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T
excited pumped up GIF by WWE

This means that SOny could have had it ready for the holiday to take advantage of early hardcore and novel casual adoptors, but decided that they needed to build up and auidence first before they try net holiday 2023.

This gives indication there's a high probability that the PSVR 2 will cost more than the original. $500 or more is likely. I don't see Sony going with middle numbers like $450 or $550, they usually round down or up.

Unless Sony decides to risk it and become a loss leader to push VR closer into the mainstream at $199.

sachos

If they launch with Half Life and Boneworks, oh boy. Either way, i have high hopes for this, huge potential. Although why are they making all this announcements on twitter or blog posts, this should be part of a huge conference i feel, same for GoW release date trailer or TLoU Remake announcement, i dont like it this way Sony.

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
Thinking of Team Asobi

They pretty much had the AstroBot PS5 game done in the summer of 2020 or before, so they'll have had around 2.5-3 years of Dev time, and that studio seems pretty efficient. AstroBot came out in 2018, and the Playroom came out in 2020.

SeraphJan

So by March at the most? just half a year away.

PS5 is well above the recommended hardware for a game like Alyx.
Well yeah, but I do think the spec required for this gen's VR experience will be much higher, just think of those UE5 assets

Top Bottom