• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playtesters who leaked RE8 info now claim VR is in

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
Really hoping that a new advanced VR headset is unveiled. The PS5 is powerful enough to provide visually attractive VR experiences, especially with RDNA’s advanced culling techniques.

Last edited:

iorek21

Why does everything involving RE leak? I swear to God, can Nintendo lend them their attorneys for a day?

Assassin’s Creed:

UMoiO3X.jpg

Amiga

Dat rdna3 coming into play :)

seriously hope they let the pc have the be option to play vr with better visuals as it sucks not been able to play re7 and ace combat on vive
I think VR was a big driver for the PS5 design (geometry engine, focus on big texture streaming, depth of field, no LOD , 3D audio)

Grinchy

Banned
I really fucking hope it's true. I feel bad for anyone who didn't get to play RE7 fresh in VR.

I wonder how they'll do it for PS5, though. It'll be a PS5-only PSVR1 game unless Sony suddenly announces and all new VR headset and controller package out of nowhere, which I don't see them doing.

Never had anything scare me in movies and TV. Ever. RE 7 holy shit that first scare!!!!

I'd say you made the right decision there.
I don't get that scared in movies as I used to. Of course I don't watch the alot. Some movies do.

Sadly I just started playing the RE series for the first time. I finished REremake 2 and loved it. I got to start 7. I played a little but I need to progress.. If it's as scary as until dawn, I'm in for a scare.

Kerotan

It would be a huge blow to PSVR if this didn't. I presume the current headset will support it but it would be a massive system seller for a psvr 2.

dyergram

It would be crazy to not make it vr after re7 especially since it’s the same protagonist and re7 was well received.

It would be a huge blow to PSVR if this didn't. I presume the current headset will support it but it would be a massive system seller for a psvr 2.
I think we are not going to get a Psvr2 at least until 2022, while this game should be out in the first half of 2021

Last edited:

SNPlayen

RE7 in VR is the scariest piece of media ever. Well at least it was for me, but I loved it. Ready to poo my pants again with 8.

This should have been obvious from the moment it was revealed at the PS5 event and was in first person again.

I fully expect Sony to have helped with the development and expense for it again too. It was too good of a selling point for the first PSVR not to do so again.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I would hope so, RE7 was a mediocre experience without VR
Probably why it looks lastgen too

Last edited:

Rudius

Excellent! A game like this in flat is just not immersive enough. I need to be in the village to be scared shitless.

Hostile_18

Banned
I think part of the reason Resi 7 has had such long legs is because of the VR support. I wish more AAA games had a VR mode added on like this.

I remember Capcom were pleased with the amount of people playing Resi 7 in VR shortly after launch. Hopefully Sony will have payed them again to ensure this gets support.

Dontero

Banned
RE7 was one of the best VR games out there so i really hope they will knock it out of the park with RE8.

Capcom also claimed the VR mode was extremely taxing on development. Some of it due to ps4 I'm sure but VR is never a done deal like that, especially considering the small install base.

Yeah but they already implemented it and it works. So with how powerful next gen consoles are it should be really easy to add VR mode this time around.

Last edited:

manzo

FUCK YES MOTHERFUCKERS PS5 HERE I COME

Resi 7 was the biggest whoa moment in my gaming life. I want more. Wouldn’t have bought it at all if not for VR. Same for 8.

INC

Now don't make the VR mode exclusive to psvr

What a retarded move, I'd love to play re7 on my rift s

rofif

Banned
I don't think I could play simple "just view and controller" vr game anymore. After finishing Alyx on quest wirelessly room-scale...

INC

I don't think I could play simple "just view and controller" vr game anymore. After finishing Alyx on quest wirelessly room-scale...

Why i can't be arsed to play RE7, not playing VR with a controller unless its something like astrobot

But re7........with no hand presence.........nah I'm good

Top Bottom