• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please Help Me Understand

malbert69

Banned
I am somewhat of a newcomer to this forum. I have started a couple of threads to either bring some humor and perhaps a little controversy to the community here.

I got the humorous responses I expected from the "My Xboxes" thread. The "attention whore" references got good laughs from me and my buddies. I admit it was deserved.

So I started another "Incredible 360 Screenshot" thread that was locked within what may be a record 2 minutes. The post was made with a hint of sarcasm. Since when has sarcasm been frowned upon in THIS forum? I am curious what the reason would be to block any further postings to that thread. To the person who locked the thread: Did it violate some sort of usage policy? My guess is you felt it was a waste of bandwidth. If the latter is the case, why not let the community decide instead of taking it upon yourself to block it right away? Please respond and explain things to me. Perhaps I am as dumb as I sound.

I expect one of the following to happen after submitting this post, based off the bahavior I have seen here. Either THIS thread will be locked or I will be banned. I can see the humor in both actions executed out out of spite.

So either I appreciate your response or if the case may be, you can all go to hell.

:D

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
The "joke" would have been better if you had used Frame City Killer pictures since it is an actual full priced game and not a budget Live Arcade title.

Xrenity

I don't see how this thread is game-related and thus should be in the GAMING DISCUSSION part of these forums.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
malbert69 said:
I expect one of the following to happen after submitting this post, based off the bahavior I have seen here. Either THIS thread will be locked or I will be banned. I can see the humor in both actions executed out out of spite.
Just like all the other threads with people questioning moderation practises here.

Boogie

Sir, despite what your obviously high opinion of yourself, you are not nearly as witty or clever as you think you are.

This is GAF; you stand in the shadow of giants. Have some respect.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
malbert69 said:
What's your definition?

Trolling is like fishing. You deliberately post something/You cast your bait to get an inflammatory response from someone/to catch a porbeagle.

049056054124052057057055054056.jpg

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Like people have already said, there have been wittier attempts at sarcasm, this doesn't even come close. 2/10 for effort. But with a "69" in your nick I don't think we should've expected anything better. Try again!

jedimike

Misleading title for one. That and everyone knows that XBL Arcade games that cost $10 are not going to be graphically on par with retail games.

ChrisReid

malbert69 said:
I am somewhat of a newcomer to this forum. I have started a couple of threads to either bring some humor and perhaps a little controversy to the community here.

Your internet tone of voice makes you sound like a big jerk. No no newcomer should ever brag about introducing "perhaps a little controversy to the community" and expect to last very long.

ATJaguarX

Banned
Boogie said:
Sir, despite what your obviously high opinion of yourself, you are not nearly as witty or clever as you think you are.

This is GAF; you stand in the shadow of giants. Have some respect.
GTF outta here. Surely you aren't serious. This is a forum... you loser.

ATJaguarX

Banned
ChrisReid said:
Your internet tone of voice makes you sound like a big jerk. No no newcomer should ever brag about introducing "perhaps a little controversy to the community" and expect to last very long.
Your internet grammar is questionable at best

malbert69

Banned
ChrisReid said:
homer-simpson.jpg

"What the hell you are talking about?" - Homer Simpson

White Man

GAF IS NOT A DEMOCRACY.

And that thread wasn't funny, so even if GAF were, the people would've been wise enough to shitcan it. Looking at your other threads, none of them were.

BuddyC

It's like you people never read the Terms of Service when you registered. You know, the document that you attest to have read and agreed to by completing registration?

Yea.

Here's a portion that should answer your question, malbert69.

B. Trolling

Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion. Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated. No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the forum body, actions may be taken by the administrators.

malbert69

Banned
BuddyC said:
It's like you people never read the Terms of Service when you registered. You know, the document that you attest to have read and agreed to by completing registration?

Yea.

Here's a portion that should answer your question, malbert69.
"Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion."

How does this apply to the "Incredible 360 Screenshot" thread? I CREATED THE ACTIVE DISCUSSION!

Geesh!

Fuzzy

malbert69 said:
"Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion."

How does this apply to the "Incredible 360 Screenshot" thread? I CREATED THE ACTIVE DISCUSSION!

Geesh!
Keep reading genius.

jedimike

malbert69 said:

Geesh!

You fucked up. Get over it or you'll end up having a really long weekend to sit and think about it.

malbert69

Banned
Tempy said:
Like people have already said, there have been wittier attempts at sarcasm, this doesn't even come close. 2/10 for effort. But with a "69" in your nick I don't think we should've expected anything better. Try again!
69 is a reference to the year I was born.

So are we going to begin discussing my age now?

ATJaguarX

Banned
Trolling is considered to be the act of purposely being disingenuous to an active discussion.
This was not an active discussion... rather a discussion he created.

Negative commentary on given topics is by no means disallowed; however, such comments should attempt to be substantiated.
Substantiate
Main Entry: sub·stan·ti·ate
2 : to establish by proof or competent evidence

I do believe he provided a picture as evidence

Obviously the moderators decided to exercise the following right:
No matter your supposed intent, if the forum administrators perceive you as a troll making unsubstantiated comments in an attempt to provoke the forum body, actions may be taken by the administrators.

So, who cares about the "disengenuous" or the "substantiation"... the mods can do what they want for whatever reason they want.

:lol

ATJaguarX

Banned
jedimike said:
You fucked up. Get over it or you'll end up having a really long weekend to sit and think about it.
Unlike the majority of you elitist gaming dorks, I highly doubt that he'll spend more then a second pondering the results of his actions
:D

Fuzzy

malbert69 said:
69 is a reference to the year I was born.

So are we going to begin discussing my age now?
Considering that makes you 36 and with the way you act, I think we should. :p

atomsk

Party Pooper
if you're looking to post threads to "get a reaction", i'm sure you'd be more than welcome at gamefaqs or ign

malbert69

Banned
ATJaguarX said:
So, who cares about the "disengenuous" or the "substantiation"... the mods can do what they want for whatever reason they want.

They ARE the moderators after all. Don't piss them off. Don't make them feel they are wasting their time in any way, either.

It is kind of ironic and sad that the very act of moderating GAF isn't considered a waste of time.

Dilbert

ATJaguarX said:
Hey, while you're on your little soapbox, would you mind fixing your avatar? It's too tall, and it's damaging my chromosomes. kthxbye

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I think ATJaguarX has made the thread worth reading. A defense attorney no one asked for, and to which no one is responding. I love it! :D

BuddyC said:
Objection!

ATJaguarX and malbert69 share an IP.

IP Listing added to Court Record.

MC Safety

BuddyC said:
Objection!

ATJaguarX and malbert69 share an IP.

IP Listing added to Court Record.

The InterWeb breeds idiot manchildren. I hope this guy, in addition to being a joke poster, lied about his age.

Top Bottom