• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Podcast GAF - what are your favorites and why?

Bigrx1

Banned
1. Casefile: True Crime - I'm a true crime junkie and this is by far my favorite podcast for it. The main reason is that they keep opinions out of it and just present the facts, there is just one person who narrates the episodes and it's extremely well researched. I've learned more on some cases listening to the multi-part series from this podcast than any other source when it comes to things like Jonestown, Silk Road, EARONS/Golden State Killer, Ivan Milat, etc. They have a nice mix too of cases that are somewhat known and cases never really heard of before.

2. Canadian True Crime - Very similar to Casefile, just focused on Canadian episodes. Very similar format focused on facts and not jokes, banter or opinions.

3. Skip and Shannon: Undisputed - I actually listen to quite a few sports podcasts but this one is my favorite, even though it does have flaws. I think Shannon is fucking hilarious and Skip is his usual troll self. Some topics get old and I skip over any segment that has to do with Cowboys or Lebron since they have the same takes every single time, but a lot of the other segments are good and more level-headed. I used to listen more to ESPN podcasts and also The Herd but those I've lost interest in over time.

4. The Joe Rogan Experience - Not much needed to be said about this one, most people are well familiar with it. I don't listen every day but usually catch 1 or 2 a week. He's mostly just a level headed guy that has good and long interviews, which is good enough for me. It's also nice to hear a big voice, who even happens to be liberal, not pander to soy boy type men and doesn't apologize for being a guy and liking guy stuff.

5. Welcome to Night Vale - A weird as fuck comedy podcast that's been around for a long time. I don't catch episodes all too often anymore but it's still pretty funny and if you've never listened to it definitely worth checking out.

Last edited:

Gp1

Reactions: eot

TUROK

I'm not much of a podcast listener but I'll occasionally listen to the Mega64 podcast simply because they're pretty funny dudes.

It's good stuff if you like their brand of humor.

SpartanN92

Banned
1: War Room 2020 and War Room Pandemic by Steve Bannon, Jason Miller and Raheem Khassam.

Excellent political podcast
9Kp2jmN.jpg

2: Rooster Teeth
Edit: I have stopped listening to the Rooster Teeth Podcast after a decade because Burnie Burns is no longer on the podcast. He retired from the podcast last year after his third baby was born.
I love RT but Burnie is the reason to listen imo.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Just wanted to bump this thread to get some more suggestions.

I've started listening to The DarkHorse Podcast (Bret Weinstein + Heather Heying) thanks to the JRE, and it's great. Bret is an evolutionary biologist who talks about the world relatively simply.

Then there's The Making Sense Podcast with Sam Harris, which I assume most here already know about.

Can anyone else recommend some podcasts with intelligent hosts who aren't afraid of being accused of "wrong think"?

PS: Also check out GamesBeat Decides with host Jeff Grubb. Grubb is a natural on mic and isn't afraid to give little hints/leaks here and there. He also sticks to gaming more than something like The GiantBombcaast.

Last edited:
Recently started listening to The Murder squad. Here's a brief run down of what to expect https://www.rollingstone.com/cultur...ton-helene-pruszynski-colorado-murder-937098/

For gaming, I listen to ACGs podcast and the Giant Bomb one. Although Ben his doing his level best to put a stop to that.

The Shaun Attwood podcast can be good, it's an ex-ecstasy dealer from Liverpool who got banged up in Arizona for 6 years as the head of a drug gang, interviewing ex cons mostly from the UK. He gets some right wankers on though so can be hit or miss.

Fake Doctors, Real Friends only started recently and features Scrubs stars Donald Faison and Zach Braff rewatching their show episode by episode and doing the usual commentary and behind the scenes tales. If you liked the show, you'll probably enjoy it.

For MMA, You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen and Believe You Me with Michael Bisping.

Top Bottom