• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pointless accomplishments that you're proud of

I got all 180 emblems in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle without using any cheats, along with an all S-rank neutral chaos chao. Took ~280 hours spread across close to a year.

I also completed the pokedex in XY but that’s pretty trivial nowadays

I got into Brutal Legend's multiplayer so hard that Brad Muir actually reached out to me and asked my opinion on some balance changes.

This was when the game was only on console. I played it enough that my name made it's way around quite a few forums from it.

The game had no official "guide" to it's units. so I made an HP guide for all the units in the game. Keep in mind this is a fucking RTS so this took several days and some friends to let me beat the fuck out of them basically.

a8orn6g.jpg

10HO55X.jpg

When I played online I never picked my faction. Always played as Random because I enjoyed all three factions equally. The only reason I stopped was a fault with the net code. In a 1v1 game, if 1 player used the Xbox dashboard to leave the game, that player was awarded a win. A tactic I refused to use.

Crispy

Got all S-ranks on the first DMC

Finished the first MGS on Extreme very fast. I forgot the exact time, but it was under an hour and a half.

My grandma was very proud!

k41m

I reached all the way to Master on the League of Legends ranking system totally by myself in less than 200 ranks total during season 6.

It was really satisfactory and felt that all the time i spend on League was worth for that feat.

I have to admit that after that my interest on the game started to decrease, till this day when i hardly play on a regular schedule as i used to.

jay

I finished Darius Gaiden on the Saturn without continuing.

I beat the final fight in Shenmue 2 with a broken thumb, though I did hand the controller to a friend to finish the QTE.

I got into Brutal Legend's multiplayer so hard that Brad Muir actually reached out to me and asked my opinion on some balance changes.

This was when the game was only on console. I played it enough that my name made it's way around quite a few forums from it.

The game had no official "guide" to it's units. so I made an HP guide for all the units in the game. Keep in mind this is a fucking RTS so this took several days and some friends to let me beat the fuck out of them basically.

a8orn6g.jpg

10HO55X.jpg

When I played online I never picked my faction. Always played as Random because I enjoyed all three factions equally. The only reason I stopped was a fault with the net code. In a 1v1 game, if 1 player used the Xbox dashboard to leave the game, that player was awarded a win. A tactic I refused to use.
Man, that's actually really cool.

Madao

doing absolutely everything that could be done in F-Zero GX, including seeing every single interview frome every pilot (for those that don't know, there's 15 interview questions for each pilot after beating Grand Prix but only one can be heard each time you beat it and some are difficulty exclusive)

chemicals

Great Thread! I am most proud of my 100% achievements in TES Oblivion. I truly was obsessed with the game and loved it (my first Western RPG) from top to bottom. Getting 100% including all DLC is a great record of my love and devotion to the game.

I have an ongoing game of ballz.

My score is 1536 at the moment.

It's pointless because I've cheated a couple times when I've nearly lost.

Each go takes aaaaages

AlternativeUlster

Absolutely pathetic part deux
I beat Elite Beat Agents in its hardest mode (DIVAS mode right?) which I don't think I have done that with any other game. Funny enough, after beating it like a month or two later, wanted to replay some stages and on a normal difficulty, struggled with them.

PSlayer

Got the platinum for demon souls after hours trying to get the pure bladestone that only one of the hardests of the minions drop.

Rocketz

Completed the Gooser Challenge in Titanfall before they changed it because people complained it was too hard.

Wore my Gooser Elite Titan Insignia on all my Titans. Only gave it to people to completed it before the change.

RobertM

Getting Platinum rank in Rocket League.

Being in top 10 for some Bionic Commando: Rearmed trials.

Ah I don't know what else...

PooBone

a8orn6g.jpg

10HO55X.jpg

That's really awesome dude.

I have Lulu's ultimate weapon in FFX

I'll dial this up to 11; I have everyone's Celestial, fully upgraded, and everyone has unlocked every single node in a sphere grid with only +4/+40 nodes (didn't replace all the +200 HP nodes though). It was an exercise in tedium that took hundreds of hours and is UTTERLY pointless because at no point do you ever need a completely stat-maxed party. And, best of all, I didn't even bother trying to beat all the Dark Aeons or Penance, so even for the battles where stat-maxing is required, I just ignored them. What the fuck was the point of all that? What a complete waste of so much damn time.

Phased

Beating Jedi Outcast on hard without using console cheats, something I only did somewhat recently as an adult.

It was kind of a big deal for me. I spent a ton of time playing Outcast when I was younger just messing around in the console to spawn enemies and do all sorts of fun stuff, but I never actually sat down and beat it legit because it was pretty hard.

Going back to it as an adult and doing it was pretty satisfying.

fhqwhgads

Healing a million HP overall in Team Fortress 2 felt good, 90 hours of Medic and dealing with the worst teammates to heal was all worth it maybe?!?

Also beating Tabuu on Intense in Smash Bros Brawl without losing a stock took plenty practice to dodge everything right.

a8orn6g.jpg

10HO55X.jpg

bro op said pointless this isn't pointless

i would love to break down a game to its core

Ranma

Winning eleven 9 Master league, won it with the default team without conceding a goal on 6 stars difficulty (prevents save cheating)

Zubz

Banned
I got the Order of the Silver Wossname in Kingdom of Loathing without initially keeping count of the number of War Hippies/Frat Warriors at first. I just guessed where I was at when the message changed for one side & got lucky.

Here's the criteria for earning the Wossname, for some context. Short version is that you have to kill an equal number of enemies on each side of a war so that only the boss survives for each.

If you wipe out one side before the other, that side wins the war, but if you summon the pirates at that point, you, & you alone, win the war between both factions, & you get a pretty nice stat-boosting item as your reward.

Chitown B

did every single ending of Chrono Trigger in 1995 on SNES. Had to get all the magazines and use Netscape Navigator at the library in order to figure it all out.

I think I was the one who found this glitch in Super Mario 64, which involves a hidden floor underneath the merry-go-round in Big Boo's Haunt. Granted, I was using a GameShark jump cheat, but I don't believe anyone knew it was there before.

I 100% GTA San Andreas. Loaned my PS2 to a 'friend' who deleted the save game and then I 100% it again when I got it back. Madness but I loved that game. Now when I play it I get a few missions in before I quit. Doing it twice must have broke me lol

Ravelle

I got Platinum on Bloodborne and its expansion. It was a very fun and satisfying achievement and I'm proud of it.

I also 100% Assassins Creed 2 which pretty much burned me out on Assassins Creed.

And I 100% Bravely Default, people are probably gonna call me nuts for doing it but I loved going through the routines, maxing out every class and doing every boss.

shaneo632

I managed to get the #1 worldwide spot of Dandy Warholds' "Bohemian Like You" on Guitar Hero Live for a few weeks after release.

PillarEN

Got a DK keychain from Nintendo at a videogame expo in Prague thanks to stylin on all the other players in a Smash Bros. tournament.

"but Pillar, that's pretty good"

Uh, it sounds good, but it's not. Nintendo's presence in the Czech Republic is a complete joke (especially how they price their way out of the market) and 99.9999999999998% of the people here have never played a single round of any Smash game. Meanwhile, asshole me grew up in the States where Nintendo is the norm and I've been playing the series from the beginning... but I still rock that key chain baby like a true champ.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
Getting the best trial time on Mario Circuit 2 in Mario Kart 7 with Luigi.

Beating Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury in under 10 hours while getting every character to level 200 and finding every secret.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I caught all of the original 150 pokemon in Pokemon red. I can not tell you how long that took.

I did it because this one guy in a building was like do it and I'll give you something. I thought for sure it was gonna be something grand.

It wasn't. But damn it, I did it!

Lud and Zallen, ds2. Broke three swords while going at them, killed the last one with my shield with just a sliver of hp left.
I think that was my gaming prime.

Also beating a top 3 team in the eash on nhl 20xx with my friends. Since we had enforcer and power forward builds we just fooled around and ended up beating them. Injured a couple. They were quite angry and sent us nasty messages afterwards, made it even more fun.

Mugy

Finishing L4D2 in all difficulties and in hard + realism mode.

With a friend, of course. Only the two of us.

Top Bottom