• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB 2: New Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Trailer | Main site open

"Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent."

Wait wha-
p34_02_wek.jpg

"Mega Sceptile can cut off its tail, which has grown much larger, and fire it at a target!"
p34_03_tve.jpg

"Its lost tail will continue regenerating as along as it still has the energy for Mega Evolution."

Mega Sceptile for coolest new Mega. :p

Fey

Banned
"Mega Sceptile can cut off a portion of its tail to fire it like a missile at an opponent."

Wait wha-
p34_02_wek.jpg

"Mega Sceptile can cut off its tail, which has grown much larger, and fire it at a target!"
p34_03_tve.jpg

"Its lost tail will continue regenerating as along as it still has the energy for Mega Evolution."

mega sceptile is so amazing

god could this day get any better (no)

Tusk

Hey Joe, you seen the list of new Mega Evolutions for Pokemon pic? It's a scan so I'm not sure whether I can post it directly.

Supposedly Ludicolo, Shiftry, Sableye (confirmed), Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Zangoose, Seviper, Metagross, Salamence and the Latis (confirmed) are getting Mega Evolutions.

I saw it, too. :b Who knows whether it's real or not.
Probably isn't, though. Also, doubt Joe would confirm it even if he knew something.

Zaventem

p16_04_vfn.jpg

I really hope if they're using this view again the shops and areas are recognizable. Lumiose City was terrible in that department.

Wait wha-
p34_02_wek.jpg

p34_03_tve.jpg

I thought it was a graphic glitch when I saw it in the first trailer lol.

Maybe they put November for Canada because they expect the street date to be broken anyway, so we WILL get it earlier than Nov 21st...hopefully

Hindl

I can't get over how awesome Mega Sceptile looks. He was the only design I didn't like and he became a champ. Also the fact that Swampert (my favorite) has a decline in quality compared to it's normal form doesn't hurt. At least to me. I love the X/Y engine, though I'll miss those beautiful clean sprites

udivision

I'm not a graphics guy, but it doesn't look good at all.

Emerald master race tho

Edit: and by that I mean specifically the images in that quote
Edit 2 : I can't stress how bad the first image looks

pokemon has a lot going for it, graphics isn't necessarily one of them.

Giard

For end game content there's only two options

Emerald or Platinum.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will include Emerald's content I suppose? IIRC, the remakes of Gold and Silver included content from the Crystal version.

I've already played Platinum.

edit: Thanks for all the replies everyone. Gonna go with Ruby.

Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire will include Emerald's content I suppose? IIRC, the remakes of Gold and Silver included content from the Crystal version.

I've already played Platinum.

edit: Thanks for all the replies everyone. Gonna go with Ruby.

White 2 maybe? I never played it but it has to has more than White 1

Hey Joe, you seen the list of new Mega Evolutions for Pokemon pic? It's a scan so I'm not sure whether I can post it directly.

Supposedly Ludicolo, Shiftry, Sableye (confirmed), Sharpedo, Camerupt, Flygon, Zangoose, Seviper, Metagross, Salamence and the Latis (confirmed) are getting Mega Evolutions.
I could get behind this list although i want my mega Altaria. Although I find it suspect that the choices are all version exclusive and the teams lead pokemon.

Neiteio

Wait wha-
p34_02_wek.jpg

p34_03_tve.jpg

WHOA

Must... stay loyal... to Mega Swampert

I think it sounds terrible. The trumpets don't sounds like trumpets at all and are completely muffled out.
Reminds me of how disappointing the instruments were in XY.
Even if it is, there's the likelihood that it's the attract-video music file, not the title screen rearrangement that sounds like something Ichinose would do. For him to finish production with something this unexciting isn't normal.

Gave it another listen: yeah, this might well be the title track. It's just such a straightforward arrangement, though, that I can't imagine Ichinose behind the wheel. If Kageyama worked on this project at all...

Hatchtag

Banned
Kinda disappointed they don't seem to be going the Emerald route for the story like HG/SS did with Crystal.

We honestly can't tell that yet, and considering promotional artwork still has Kyogre/Groudon battling, I wouldn't rule that out.

Hell, has larger artwork than what's on Serebii for the map been released? If it was, we could probably zoom in enough to see if it's got contests in each town a la Ruby and Sapphire or battle tents in each town a la Emerald.

JoeM86

We honestly can't tell that yet, and considering promotional artwork still has Kyogre/Groudon battling, I wouldn't rule that out.

Hell, has larger artwork than what's on Serebii for the map been released? If it was, we could probably zoom in enough to see if it's got contests in each town a la Ruby and Sapphire or battle tents in each town a la Emerald.

Not yet. This is what came with the press assets. Will do some hunting. It'll come eventually

Takashi

That's what I'm hoping but reading stuff like this from the site doesn't help.

-"In Pokémon Omega Ruby, Team Magma will seize more power to achieve its goals. Team Aqua plays the more prominent role in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. In both versions, you will find yourself drawn into the conflict."

Now that I think about it, I guess it could work if they make it seem like one team will be the baddies throughout while the opposing team pretends to be the heroes. The "seizing more power" could imply one team gets more power at first, but near the end they reveal they're both antagonists the whole time.

wmlk

Even if it is, there's the likelihood that it's the attract-video music file, not the title screen rearrangement that sounds like something Ichinose would do. For him to finish production with something this unexciting isn't normal.

Gave it another listen: yeah, this might well be the title track. It's just such a straightforward arrangement, though, that I can't imagine Ichinose behind the wheel. If Kageyama worked on this project at all...

No amount of good composition and arrangement can overcome how the instruments sound. It's really disappointing after how crisp and powerful BW2's soundfont was.

That's what I'm hoping but reading stuff like this from the site doesn't help.

-"In Pokémon Omega Ruby, Team Magma will seize more power to achieve its goals. Team Aqua plays the more prominent role in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. In both versions, you will find yourself drawn into the conflict."

Now that I think about it, I guess it could work if they make it seem like one team will be the baddies throughout while the opposing team pretends to be the heroes. The "seizing more power" could imply one team gets more power at first, but near the end they reveal they're both antagonists the whole time.

I'd like to see both legends awaken at the same time and you still have to go wake up Rayquaza to stop the fighting, but after you do that, your version mascot goes to the Cave of Origin to rest, and that's where you capture it.

Clefargle

Wait wha-
p34_02_wek.jpg

p34_03_tve.jpg

during which attacks?

Avixph

It's still way better than XYs which was very similar to HGSS' dex. Plus it's practically the same as the gen 3 one which is a nice nod.

They could have modernized it a bit more.

Differences between RSE Maxie and ORAS Maxie:

qGuYoGX.png

Picture of the bikes:
JCg4MdH.png

Wasn't one of the bikes supposed to be one of those folding types of bikes?

Avixph

Comparison screenshots:
NVfZHYd.png

How can the main character have a WiiU if the game takes place during the same time period as Fire Red and Leaf Green?

GoFSVsf.png

wGNXAXF.png

Kgk4GFw.png

Xv0OHTs.png

8ywzBE3.png

TvfW1Sw.png

iRWa6LH.png

No falling ashes.

asm6Hhw.png

Qcre9vr.png

No amount of good composition and arrangement can overcome how the instruments sound. It's really disappointing after how crisp and powerful BW2's soundfont was.
Sounds like the same sounds to me. Really, this arrangement isn't that good at all, since a lot of the brass originally in the RSE track has been replaced with woodwind stuff. It sounds exactly like a boring title track arrangement Kageyama would do before jumping ship to work as a freelancer, assuming that's what happened. So it feels a lot less powerful, but there's no reason to think they've downgraded their sample quality.

-Horizon-

Nice comparison shots! :D

Sad about no ashes falling, lame!
Maxie..LOL
As expected, everything else looks great.

And I just realized, does this mean Steven will be back as Champion? That'd be great.

Top Bottom