• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XI: Transferring and Mega Starters Revealed!

On this morning's Pokémon Direct, several new functions were revealed:

Pokémon Bank is an annually paid 3DS app that allows you to store up to 3000 of your Pokémon from X and Y, allowing more space than you'll ever need to catch 'em all. There is a free trial however, so a one-time transfer of your Gen V Pokémon is possible without needing to pay.

PokéTransporter is a free add-on for Pokémon Bank which lets you wirelessly upload your Pokémon from Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, meaning you can now transfer a Pokémon all the way from Ruby and Sapphire up to X and Y!

In addition, it was revealed that early in the game, you will be given one of the original Kanto starters by Professor Sycamore, and that each of their final evolutions will have Mega Evolutions!

1378293809918m4s65.png

None of them change type upon Mega-Evolving (no Dragon Zard for you, sorry), and they have these new abilities:

Venusaur: Thick Fat (half damage from Fire and Ice attacks)
Blastoise: Mega Launcher (powers up its "Pulse" attacks)
Charizard: Drought (Enduces sunlight upon entering battle)

Also, it was made apparent that Mega Evolution is somehow connected to the bond a trainer shares with their Pokémon, using a new item called the Mega Ring as a catalyst:

yVW8SOZ.png

FZZ

Banned
We need pics STAT.

Edit: Venusaur barely looks different. They just put a flower on its head.
xILfDem.png

Edit 2: Better pics.
Mega_Venusaur-X-and-Y.jpg

Mega_Charizard-X-and-Y.jpg

Mega_Blastoise-X-and-Y.jpg

Shahadan

It was only a matter of time before they made yo pay for that. No thanks!

Transferring pokemon is always a slow and annoying process and I don't expect it to be different, so goodbye my old pokemons!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
As expected Mega Blastoise is best Gen 1 starter Pokemon.

Reminds me of Dancouga lol

Mariolee

So unless I missed something, they haven't announced what the fee actually is yet, right? What are people expecting will be the cost?

Murrah

Banned
Well, looks like I ain't picking Fennekin anymore if I can get my boy Charmander

Really disappointed with Mega Venusaur and Mega Charizard, but Mega Blastoise looked ace

OP is a bit misleading. Transfer is indeed behind paywall because even though the BW/BW2 to Poké Bank transfer is free, you cannot retrieve your Pokémon without accessing Pokémon Bank.

Cbajd5

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Here's a page about the 3DS app. There'll be a free trial period.

Also:

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

Mega Blastoise goes from 2 guns to 1 gun.

Mega Charizard is just plain ugly and a disgrace to an iconic beast.

Disappointed.

Kouriozan

Biggest news is that you don't need 2 console anymore to transfer your Pokémon.
I'll gladly pay that annual fee for this!

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Here's a page about the 3DS app. There'll be a free trial period.

Even if there is, when gen 7 rolls around, they'll still be expecting you to use this rather than including it as an ingame transfer between cards.

It would cost them very little to have just made an app that copies your pokemon from b/w/w2/b2 to a save on your sd card, followed by moving them from there to your game card. Ugh.

Biggest news is that you don't need 2 console anymore to transfer your Pokémon.
I'll gladly pay that annual fee for this!

They could easily have done it without an annual fee as above.

Daingurse

Charizard looks waaay better in that official art to me. Sheeeit, guess I'm getting Venasuar though. Don't need 3 fucking fire starters lol.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
god charizard and blastoise are so awesome, venasaur looks great too but they didnt go beyond his flower for design

Tsunamo

I'm not a fan of Mega Charizard, my favorite gen 1 Pokemon and they changed its design into something I don't like :(

I do love the looks of Mega Venasaur and Mega Blastoise though as they don't stray too far from their original designs and feel like a natural evolution to me.

Top Bottom