• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XI: Transferring and Mega Starters Revealed!

Velcro Fly

I want to see how gimped the actual in game storage is. If I can just transfer stuff right away free of charge and never have to use it again I'd do that. If it's only $5 I guess it isn't so bad. I have no way of getting things from Gen 3/4 onto a cart from 5 though so I'm sorta locked out though. My Fire Red and Heart Gold stuff is stuck on Gen 4 which sucks.

Also I have more than a few pokemon that I fooled around with the GTS to get. I bred the contraband pokemon with Ditto and made a legit one on my game. Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
There's a free trial for PokeBank apparently.

I honestly only need it for moving mons, so I'll just move mons, use the trial to transfer them, then don't care anymore!

Huh you like the look of Blastoise? That's the only one I'm disappointed with.

Reminds me of a mecha design. I love me some mecha designs.

Espada

Ugh, this pokemon direct has been a major downer for me. None of the mega starters looks particularly good and transferring my pokemon is now behind a paywall. They're making it hard to be excited about this game.

zroid

Banned
IF Mega Charizard isn't a fucking Dragon . . .

2262%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_helmsley%20rage%20wwe.gif

Yeah that would be disappointing. I'm really looking forward to beating the crap out of it with Sylveon.

Velcro Fly

Mega Charizard has drought! Mega Venusaur has thick fat!

Mega Blastoise has some ability that makes water pulse stronger!

:(

Sandfox

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Here's a page about the 3DS app. There'll be a free trial period.

Also:

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

The trial should give people enough time to transfer their Pokemon and should be added to the tile of this thread.

If the worst were to somehow happen and you lost your copy of Pokémon X or Pokémon Y, your Pokémon would still be safe and ready to be withdrawn to a new game if they were deposited to Pokémon Bank!

I expected the opposite of this. That's great.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
New abilities btw

Blastoise - Mega Launcher. Buffs all Pulse moves. Its a special attacker so this is good. Kinda lame though.

Venusaur - Thick Fat. Ehhh.

Charizard - Drought. BAHAHAHAHAHAH!

OP what are you doing, PokéBank has the annual fee, not PokéTransfer

Well. f*ck. People corrected me when I put that last page, and now I'm being corrected again! Give me a little bit of a break, please.

Also, I knew that people would hate Mega Charizard no matter how it turned out. Seriously, what were you expecting it to look like?

javac

Note: You may find yourself unable to use Pokémon Bank or Poké Transporter to deposit any Pokémon created illegally by software unauthorized by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo into your online Boxes, or to move these Pokémon between online Boxes.

So no more transferring illegal Pokemon? This is good. All these fakes people have piss me off!

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/strategy/

Here's a page about the 3DS app. There'll be a free trial period.

Also:

I think it will use the same algorithms as the Wii Pokemon Stadium games. 99% of well made hacks will probably get through, and ev edits will be 100% fine.

DaBoss

Well. f*ck. People corrected me when I put that last page, and now I'm being corrected again! Give me a little bit of a break, please.

Also, I knew that people would hate Mega Charizard no matter how it turned out. Seriously, what were you expecting it to look like?

Really? Mega Charizard looks great.

Now Mega Venasaur...lol, it pretty much is unchanged.

Velcro Fly

Ugh I just want to be able to transfer my GTS spoofed stuff from Black/Black 2 to X/Y. Sorry for not wanting to deal with jerks trading online to get myself a Gastly that I can train up to a Gengar since he's my favorite :(

Kouriozan

Finally! About time!

Blueblur1

The mega-evolved versions of the original starters look poorly designed. They changed like 3 or so features and called it a day. And what they changed doesn't even look cool.

But the Pokémon Bank stuff sounds great. Too bad that you can't transfer Pokemon from the DS games back to the DS games after using Poké Transporter. :(

Note that Poké Transporter cannot return Pokémon to Pokémon Black Version, Pokémon White Version, Pokémon Black Version 2, or Pokémon White Version 2 after they have been stored in an online Box.

FZZ

Banned
The only mega version of the three starters that I actually like is Charizard. Venusaur looks the same, and they made Blastoise look worse.

DaBoss

The mega-evolved versions of the original starters look poorly designed. They changed like 3 or so features and called it a day. And what they changed doesn't even look cool.

But the Pokémon Bank stuff sounds great. Too bad that you can't transfer Pokemon from the DS games back to the DS games after using Poké Transporter. :(

That's how transferring forward always worked since Gen IV.

I think it will use the same algorithms as the Wii Pokemon Stadium games. 99% of well made hacks will probably get through, and ev edits will be 100% fine.

Last WiFi tourney they disqualified 1155 Masters for hacks. I wouldn't be surprised if they stole *that* algorithm because it clearly blows the hell out of the algorithm GF currently uses.

afoni

Banned
sept_p11_01_lahqw.jpg

I'VE GOT FUCKING WRIST CANNONS AND I'M BASICALLY AN ARTILLERY TANK. CHECK OUT THIS SWEET GOATEE.

FUCK YEAH, MEGA BLASTOISE.

Top Bottom