• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XI: Transferring and Mega Starters Revealed!

Mista Koo

What if you're about to start your pokemon journey? You get one pokemon, any pokemon (non legendary, unevolved people) to be your pikachu for your life. To be your bro and your companion.

My original choice for so long was Elekid. Always thought that dude was awesome.
Jigglypuff, adorable and fluffy <3

I'd never let him fight anything bigger than him though.

1378444659097rks6c.gif

let's stylin!
Is it weird that this little .gif has increased my excitement even more? I knew we could skate in eight directions and everything, but that snip has made it all the more real now. We're finally getting a true 3D Pokémon game... and I'm going to be able to play it in a month!

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS MUCH HYPE!!! =3

pikablu

What if you're about to start your pokemon journey? You get one pokemon, any pokemon (non legendary, unevolved people) to be your pikachu for your life. To be your bro and your companion.

My original choice for so long was Elekid. Always thought that dude was awesome.

239Elekid.png

I'm currently playing through black 2 with a level 50 something Elekid. I love the way he looks so much, that I don't want to evolve him. His defense atm is his only real problem.

DaBoss

Is it weird that this little .gif has increased my excitement even more? I knew we could skate in eight directions and everything, but that snip has made it all the more real now. We're finally getting a true 3D Pokémon game... and I'm going to be able to play it in a month!

I CAN'T HANDLE THIS MUCH HYPE!!! =3

32 directions

DigitalOp

Banned
I wonder how it'll be to transition into 3D every time you get into battle... caves could actually hurt.

I've noticed in the demo videos... There is actually a little bit of lag in battles between inputting commands...

Kind of annoying, I hope its fixed. This is countered by damage being calculated at lightning speed now though.

Ill see if I can find a vid.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm currently playing through black 2 with a level 50 something Elekid. I love the way he looks so much, that I don't want to evolve him. His defense atm is his only real problem.

Give Elekid an Eviolite to hold, it will boost its defence and special defence by 50%.

Oh man, oh man, oh man! I swear this will be the very first thing I do when I get control of my character. It's such a small change overall, yet I am insanely happy and excited for it, because I've wanted movement freedom like this for such a long time.

Figure 8s all up in this bitch! :D

pikablu

Give Elekid an Eviolite to hold, it will boost its defence and special defence by 50%.

Oh wow that would greatly help! Won't I then have to negate the evolution everytime though? I have an everstone on him now because I kept getting frustrated about that.Nevertheless he needs to be stronger.

FSLink

Banned
They could force two way authentication if you log in with a different IP like Steam does.
Wouldn't completely prevent sharing accounts but would make it a hassle for most users .

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
So, about those box sprites:

g1ChEql.png

85LtltF.png

New ones seem to be drawn better, with more accurate coloring. Really liking Zapdos (finally got his black wing!), Magikarp, Suicune and Flygon.

Miltank has a messed up face though...

Lmao at old-Raqyquaza. Looks like that banned meme.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is everyone ready for PokeBomb XII next week?

They could force two way authentication if you log in with a different IP like Steam does.
Wouldn't completely prevent sharing accounts but would make it a hassle for most users .
They seem to be lenient on storage anyway. Only crappy storage was Pokemon Ranch.

Lmao at old-Raqyquaza. Looks like that banned meme.

Now I can't unsee lol

DigitalOp

Banned
This was the video I saw last night

Its on Serebii so I know you all have seen it already. Anyone notice the slight lag between commands? I wonder if they'll get rid of it before going gold.

I love how pokemon can be more interactive in the overworld map. If they were more prominent and visible in the main game like how they are in the show, It would be incredible.

Animations are superb but my only worry is if every Pokemon will utilize their design to the fullest... for example, Water Pulse has Mega Blastoise using its mouth when it has 3 cannons.... Will Hydro Pump show the water shooting out the cannon as I imagine it to?

Will Bulbasaur use its vines for vine whip or will it be some standard animation. Im surprised this is all fitting a little over a gig. But then again, I was surprised how small previous pokemon games were in comparision.

Watched the video, I don't know if I can wait another month for this game, and honestly, we still know a pretty small percentage of the game stuff so far, too pumped!

FSLink

Banned
Animations are superb but my only worry is if every Pokemon will utilize their design to the fullest... for example, Water Pulse has Mega Blastoise using its mouth when it has 3 cannons.... Will Hydro Pump show the water shooting out the cannon as I imagine it to?

Will Bulbasaur use its vines for vine whip or will it be some standard animation. Im surprised this is all fitting a little over a gig. But then again, I was surprised how small previous pokemon games were in comparision.

Unless it's Pikachu getting another move like Surf/Fly, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anth0ny

g1ChEql.png

85LtltF.png

New ones seem to be drawn better, with more accurate coloring. Really liking Zapdos (finally got his black wing!), Magikarp, Suicune and Flygon.

pretty awesome that they went back and touched up all of those sprites. they look a lot better.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Oh wow that would greatly help! Won't I then have to negate the evolution everytime though? I have an everstone on him now because I kept getting frustrated about that.Nevertheless he needs to be stronger.

Yeah you would have to remember to press B to cancel the evolution a pain yeah but it will be worth it in the long run.

g1ChEql.png

85LtltF.png

I am liking the new style, especially Lugia.

udivision

I love how pokemon can be more interactive in the overworld map. If they were more prominent and visible in the main game like how they are in the show, It would be incredible.

As long as "grass" continues to be the de facto way of encountering mons (and in the case of caves... being invisible), this won't ever happen.

Wichu

People have managed to get the ROMs, yes. However, getting into the ROMs is a completely different thing. Yes, Pokémon will give the incentive for it to get done, but it won't be instant.

When Black/White came out, I remember your site managed it pretty quick (even if you didn't catch the type chart rearrangement). It shouldn't be hard for someone who knows what they're looking for.

I don't think I'll be attempting it again this time; I want to be surprised by what the game has to offer.

When Black/White came out, I remember your site managed it pretty quick (even if you didn't catch the type chart rearrangement). It shouldn't be hard for someone who knows what they're looking for.

I don't think I'll be attempting it again this time; I want to be surprised by what the game has to offer.
We don't have the means of decryption this time, unlike with the DS - there will be more reliance on testing + outside sources (like the official guide).

JoeM86

Different console...

I just realized, the mega starters... ARE THE ORIGINAL POKEGODS!!! :O

Remember how the most popular Pokegods aside from Ho-Oh, Togepi,etc, were evolutions of the starters? Well there you go! :O

I've noticed in the demo videos... There is actually a little bit of lag in battles between inputting commands...

Kind of annoying, I hope its fixed. This is countered by damage being calculated at lightning speed now though.

Ill see if I can find a vid.

Ehh, I wouldn't worry too much about demo "lag". It's a heavily restricted demo. Demos are always made based on older builds and aren't usually fully indicative of the main game

FZZ

Banned
Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if this quote is real?

1236295_419864251451239_66320409_n.png

Apparently it has been making its way around Facebook.

FSLink

Banned
Just tried to search around the web for a source of that too (just saw it on my Facebook feed). I don't think it's real myself.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
That's not even Tajiri.

But knowing genwunners in Facebook (hell I don't think they're genwunners even, just flatout 90's worshippers), they'd probably believe this and have their panties in a twist.

Kinda off topic, but does anyone know if this quote is real?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1236295_419864251451239_66320409_n.png

Apparently it has been making its way around Facebook.

Looks fake, its not even Tajiri (that guy has looked the same since the mid 90's). I agree with what's being said though. I cringe pretty hard whenever I see someone suggest that GF should just retcon everything after the 151 and swear that it would be an amazing idea that wouldn't result in a massive fanbase-wide uproar.

fusionedd

Neo Member

g1ChEql.png

85LtltF.png

So...can we assume that all Pokemon will have updated sprites? They're looking sexy.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
#Gen1+2er
#proud

That said, 3 and 5 can have some side-lovin'.

Gen 4, tho. fuckdatshit.

Top Bottom