• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PokéBOMB XI: Transferring and Mega Starters Revealed!

Tripon

Wonder how much the annual fee is. And of course, Nintendo pushes for paid cloud storage with Pokemon, the one series they have some justification for.

Makes me wish Nintendo just follows the PS+ route, so I feel that I can get some value back.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Where are people getting the female Magnezone?

Yes, but Ninetales has to waste a moveslot on Sunny Day in 6v6. And yes, Sunny Day on Ninetales is the standard nowadays.

Megazard can essentially use Sunny Day simply by Mega Evolving and still attack on the same turn. This makes it superior because it doesn't have to waste a turn using Sunny Day if it loses the turn 0 weather war. Though to be fair Ninetales can still use Sunny Day after another weather inducer switches in.

...Ninetales has Drought :p

Most seem to be stall Tales anyway.

L.O.R.D

could anyone make me an avatar with transparent background ?
yhom.png

-Horizon-

I don't think I'm gonna use the Poke Bank tool. Not because I have to pay for it (there's a free trial in the beginning anyway) but I rarely trade or transfer any of my previous Pokemon out of their original games anyway.

Now I am conflicted on whether to get Charmander or Squirtle. I know I'll get Fennekin but I'm not sure which Kanto starter to get. Mega Charizard and Mega Blastoise both look pretty cool.

Which two starters are you guys getting?

Froakie and Charmander for me.
This, heheh

Wonder how much the annual fee is. And of course, Nintendo pushes for paid cloud storage with Pokemon, the one series they have some justification for.

Makes me wish Nintendo just follows the PS+ route, so I feel that I can get some value back.
The fee is 500 yen a year for Japan, so it can be assumed to be $5/year over here.

Also, this has to do with Pokemon Global Link, not Nintendo :p

--------------------------------------
Duping post from last page:

I can easily guess how they caught the new Pokemon screenshot - they exported the video to make a GIF of Mega Venusaur (like I was about to do lol), and they advanced frame by frame to capture it correctly.

The shot is literally a single frame. Whoever captured the footage probably didn't even know (unless they did, and knew we'd be watching :D)

Frame 1:

Frame 2:

Frame 3:

Jamix012

You can transfer pokemon all the way from pokemon colosseum/XD to X/Y? Amazing.
All you need is
Pokemon Colosseum or XD
A gamecube or backwards compatitable Wii
A gameboy advance to gamecube link cable
A game boy advance
A Gen 3 game
A DS Lite or Phat
A Gen 4 game
A second DS or 3DS
A gen 5 game
An internet connection
A sub to Pokemon Bank
A gen 6 game

Demon Ice

Banned
Mega Blastoise is the best design. Venusaur barely looks different (that ability though), Charizard looks a bit odd.

What "pulse" attacks does Blastoise have? Water Pulse? Lamest ability goes to the coolest design it seems.

Still, this is cool news.

Skelter

Banned
PokéTransporter is a free add-on for Pokémon Bank which lets you wirelessly upload your Pokémon from Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, meaning you can now transfer a Pokémon all the way from Ruby and Sapphire up to X and Y!

Wait what? Can't watch the youtube upload yet can someone clarify this for me?

Caayn

You can transfer pokemon all the way from pokemon colosseum/XD to X/Y? Amazing.
All you need is
Pokemon Colosseum or XD
A gamecube or backwards compatitable Wii
A gameboy advance to gamecube link cable
A game boy advance
A Gen 3 game
A DS Lite or Phat
A Gen 4 game
A second DS or 3DS
A gen 5 game
An internet connection
A sub to Pokemon Bank
A gen 6 game
Why stop with Pokémon Colosseum? Why not go all the way back to Red/Blue. You only need to add a gameboy and a Gen 2 game to that list of yours :p

Wichu

Why stop with Pokémon Colosseum? Why not go all the way back to Red/Blue. You only need to add a gameboy and a Gen 2 game to that list of yours :p

You can't go between gen 2 and gen 3.

EDIT: My friend is incredibly bitter about the subscription fee for Pokémon Bank. He seems on the verge of quitting Pokémon from that.

DigitalOp

Banned
I was half waiting for them to announce an account system along with this...those must be the more details they'll announce later.

Also:

iB4hsOGYQwH4W.gif

tumblr_movzy3lyj51sqo325o1_250.gif

Its way too Digimon-y now...

Mega Evos ar elosing their luster... Really doesn't feel right with Pokemon when I think about it........

Tripon

Wait what? Can someone explain this to me?

Get a DS. Get a Gen 3(Fire Red, Leaf Green, Ruby, Sappire, Emerald) game and Gen 4 game(Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Gold, Silver), transfer pokemon from Gen 3 to Gen 4.

Transfer pokemon from Gen 4 games to Gen 5(Black/White,B2/W2) using two DSes, transfer Gen 5 pokemon to Poke bank and to Gen 6(X/Y).

It'll be a lot of work, but some people will do it.

Tripon

You can't go between gen 2 and gen 3.

EDIT: My friend is incredibly bitter about the subscription fee for Pokémon Bank. He seems on the verge of quitting Pokémon from that.

Nintendo and Gamefreak is banking (pun intended) on your friend breaking down and paying for it.

Makes me wonder if the Poke storage for this game is going to be limited compared to previous titles. You're probably not going to have enough boxes for all 750+ pokemon.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In addition, it was revealed that early in the game, you will be given one of the original Kanto starters

This is the most megaton that ever megaton'd.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Your friend is an idiot if he thinking of quitting Pokémon just because he has to pay £5 a year just to store Pokémon in the cloud.

Furthermore it isn't like the Pokébank is required to play the game or store Pokémon but as an extra option.

wtf venasaur? he grew a trunk on his back, that's gonna cause some serious back pains.

Just wait until we see Mega Torterra, that will a major back pain there.

Hoo boy, if there weren't technical changes made between Gen 2 and 3, you could transfer back from Red/Blue :D

In total, to transfer from RSE to XY, you'd need:

A DS lite
A 3DS
A Gen 4 game
A Gen 5 game

From G3 to G4 is Pal Park
From G4 to G5 is Poke Transfer
From G5 to G6 is Poke Transporter

And then after that, you can just keep 'em all in Pokemon Box, without having to worry about technical communication between systems. Great stuff, wish Game Freak/TPCi could've done this sooner.

RomanceDawn

I'm more than happy to pay for an online storage system to(hopefully) keep my Pokemon safe for generations to come. I've got Pokemon on my Black and Black 2 that I've raised since I was 16(27 now) and I am extremely attached to these insignificant pieces of data.

I'm liking the look of these Megamons but I am just getting really worried about the power level creeping up again. I guess I shouldn't be too worried since there is only one mega per team but still.

Nintendo and Gamefreak is banking (pun intended) on your friend breaking down and paying for it.

Makes me wonder if the Poke storage for this game is going to be limited compared to previous titles. You're probably not going to have enough boxes for all 750+ pokemon.

They had better give you enough storage space for at least one of every pokemon type and then a few extras. Especially when there is the possiblity of an eShop version, which for all intents and purposes should have near infinite limits.

You had enough boxes for 720 pokemon in B/W so two or three more shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

Does he really need to store 3000 pokémons?

He's obviously angry about putting the ability to transfer pokemon between gens behind a paywall.

I know I'm pissed off about it.

Just wait until we see Mega Torterra, that will a major back pain there.
Just wait until we see Mega Torterra.
Mega Torterra.
My body is not ready.

It's been three hours...where's the assloads of fan art that usually shows up within minutes after one of these reveals?
It's getting lost in all the fan art people made of the Kanto Mega Evos before they were even revealed.

My friend is incredibly bitter about the subscription fee for Pokémon Bank. He seems on the verge of quitting Pokémon from that.
...I somehow get the feeling that I will encounter stupid crap like that at college today. ;_; Somebody is almost certainly going to make my IQ drop today.

Top Bottom