• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Bank removed from Japanese 3DS eShop. Western release unclear

JoeM86

Wait, then how did people use it earlier? There are Pokemon Bank Pokemon available on GTS now.

It was possible but it was error coding like crazy.

It took me three hours to transfer four boxes, and that was before the Nintendo Network went really bad.

Gives me time to actually play through Pokemon White 2 and start picking up guys who aren't in X and Y. Pretty crazy that despite the breakdown of the Network, some people were still able to get complete Dexes over and have all 718 in X and Y!

JoeM86

Interestingly, the NOA press release for this week's downloads includes Pokémon Bank, but that may have been scheduled. We won't know for sure until tomorrow.

Spiderduff

Interestingly, the NOA press release for this week's downloads includes Pokémon Bank, but that may have been scheduled. We won't know for sure until tomorrow.

I really hope they don’t post pone this. I have been looking forward to this for way too long.

Busaiku

Thank goodness I got my Whimsicott.
Just a shame I can't have it in the Pokeball of my choice for a while longer.

Sandfox

Hopefully its just a short delay until after the holidays.

The problem is the Transporter hack check is the worst one yet. We have things like unreleased abilities and shiny DW Pokémon being allowed through - you don't need an advanced hack check to reject those.

You aren't allowed to use the unreleased HA Pokemon in battles against other people so its pretty much a nonissue.

Oswen

This is sad, i was looking forward to the bank for this weekend.
Oh well hopefully it wont be too long for the new date, hoping for next Thursday.

This is going to make pokebank pokemon insanely valuable on the gts...

anyone want to hook me up?
Try to hook yourself up. Its not bad, keep spamming certain ones until you get a reasonable offer, get and breed that reasonable offer and build up your collection (diversify offers too if you keep seeing certain ones are a niche *cough* Elmgym *cough*). Starters are fairly common.

Tip on GTS is the Y button opens the filter for "Pokemon you have etc"

This one kinda sounds like it could've been added to the list just for some PR. Then again, I suppose there is a bunch of new 3DS owners excited to try demos. (Though why did they have to remind they're free?)
It is relevant since to get free demos you have to make an NNID (great idea there Nintendo) and so you are adding load that would not have existed otherwise.

The problem is the Transporter hack check is the worst one yet. We have things like unreleased abilities and shiny DW Pokémon being allowed through - you don't need an advanced hack check to reject those.
I think they're going for zero maintenance. Hack check on bank, hidden abilities are legit because they might be released in the future. It should be better but..

I still think the best anti-hack is not to make the most commonly hacked things so elusive.

Top Bottom