• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Battle Trozei |OT| 3DS eShop puzzle/match 3 game

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A couple of discrepancies from the guide Joe, particularly in Safari Zone.

I was able to catch Bellosom despite not having Gloom support. Maybe it's score/combo-based?

Similarly, I brought a water type support and flawlessly captured Palpitoad, but Alomomola didn't pop out.

Boogiepop

A couple of discrepancies from the guide Joe, particularly in Safari Zone.

I was able to catch Bellosom despite not having Gloom support. Maybe it's score/combo-based?

Similarly, I brought a water type support and flawlessly captured Palpitoad, but Alomomola didn't pop out.

Hm, yeah. I got a flawless capture on Palpitoad with my Poliwrath and still no Alomomola as well. And I still have no idea how I'm supposed to get stupid Stunfisk to appear.
Edit: Getting a combo of like 31 with Poliwrath caused Alomomola to appear. Still no clue on Stunfisk, though.
EditEdit: Oh yeah, Seaking popped up as a hidden Pokemon but isn't marked as such in Serebii's coverage.
Editx3: Also, the Serebii guide says the Shaymin stage appears through A/S ranks, but it's actually flawless capture on Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf.
Editx4: You need to bring the ground type as support to capture Stunfisk, looks like.
Editx5: And it looks like the unlock for the Kyurem stage isn't (just) the flawless captures. I did that, but it didn't unlock until I went back and fixed the B rank I had in the Zekrom stage.

Boogiepop

And I've gotten 100% of the Pokemon. The end was unfortunately a bit of a slog, but oh well.

Probably the biggest complaint I have is that they really, really should've marked how you unlock things. Some of those requirements are pretty much begging you to look them up. I also think it shares a bit of an issue with the original Trozei, in that they need some kind of way to ramp up the difficulty. As in, once you get a decent feel for clearing boxes then you're virtually invincible, since it doesn't scale as your chain rises. I got up to 180, and I'm sure I could've gotten much, much higher, and I was honestly letting stuff end once I saw the "OK" signal for the last fourth or so of collecting stuff. Maybe if the speed started to increase like how the music got more intense?

Still, it's a nice little game with that trumps the original in every way except the lack of a story mode. I just wouldn't necessarily recommend gunning for 100% for most people, because I'm feeling a little burned out as a result.

Edit: Crap, double post. I was being so careful, too, with those edits above. Guess I got too wrapped up in the excitement of finally being done!

Platy

Ok ... got this game.... been playing for a while.

Is it me or this game has a really bizarre dificulty curve ?

MAYBE if I had a better knowledge of the pokemon elements and what does double damage in what it would be easier ... but ... ah ><

but then again I am just getting the hang on clearing the box so maybe I am just starting to understand the game =P

daydream

Banned
Ok ... got this game.... been playing for a while.

Is it me or this game has a really bizarre dificulty curve ?

MAYBE if I had a better knowledge of the pokemon elements and what does double damage in what it would be easier ... but ... ah ><

but then again I am just getting the hang on clearing the box so maybe I am just starting to understand the game =P

Hmm, my impression was that it's way too easy if you're not going for A ranks. Weird game, anyway. It's addictive and, at the same time, kind of uninteresting? Perfect for listening to podcasts, but the game itself is mediocre imo.

Biggest pet peeve with this game so far: If I try and combo a Pokemon that's super-effective against the wild Pokemon, and a not-very-effective match hits as well, it'll choose the not very effective one EVERY time.

Infuriating.

Other than that, great game!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hahahahahahaaaaa...

Okay so when I started, the tutorial didn't really explain if it was turn based or realtime. I played a match and it felt like it was turn-by-turn but that the pokemon I'm battling could react to my actions. However, I was missing a special pokemon for the stage so I sat and watched, and the pokemon kept attacking me so I'm like, okay, so it is realtime.

However, I was greatly surprised when I realized that I could carry out actions even as other actions were still chaining. So it's basically Panel de Pon except you can move any piece anywhere at any time, and it just counts them all as part of the same chain. So I instantly got a 39 and obliterated the poor pokemon I was battling.

I played Panel de Pon in every iteration, and by some limited measures of enthusiast global score-keepings it seemed possible that I may be one of the best players in the world, so this game might end up being a piece of cake for me, but I guess we'll see if it can mix things up well enough to give me pause.

Is there some way to dump more pieces on the board to keep chains going? A couple of dittos fell down but the board only had two pieces left by that point. It'd be sad to see such an overpowered system have the same weakness as PdP in not having a means of replenishment mid-chain.

Platy

So ... how does Streetpass works on this game exactly ?

Streetpassed lots of people today on a 3DS meeting and ... looking at their status suddenly I won greeninja ????

How does that work ?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahahahahaaaaa...

Okay so when I started, the tutorial didn't really explain if it was turn based or realtime. I played a match and it felt like it was turn-by-turn but that the pokemon I'm battling could react to my actions. However, I was missing a special pokemon for the stage so I sat and watched, and the pokemon kept attacking me so I'm like, okay, so it is realtime.

However, I was greatly surprised when I realized that I could carry out actions even as other actions were still chaining. So it's basically Panel de Pon except you can move any piece anywhere at any time, and it just counts them all as part of the same chain. So I instantly got a 39 and obliterated the poor pokemon I was battling.

I played Panel de Pon in every iteration, and by some limited measures of enthusiast global score-keepings it seemed possible that I may be one of the best players in the world, so this game might end up being a piece of cake for me, but I guess we'll see if it can mix things up well enough to give me pause.

Is there some way to dump more pieces on the board to keep chains going? A couple of dittos fell down but the board only had two pieces left by that point. It'd be sad to see such an overpowered system have the same weakness as PdP in not having a means of replenishment mid-chain.

When you clear a box, it fills with a new one which you can then continue a chain.

Top Bottom