• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Battle Trozei |OT| 3DS eShop puzzle/match 3 game

Boogiepop

I spent over 40 hours 100%ing it, but a good portion of it was screencapping :)

Is there any need to S rank everything outside of personal satisfaction.
The speedy fight with Ho-oh was a bit much, and the idea of trying to S-rank it intimidates me.

JoeM86

Is there any need to S rank everything outside of personal satisfaction.
The speedy fight with Ho-oh was a bit much, and the idea of trying to S-rank it intimidates me.

Some stages unlock with A/S Rank, but no. I have a couple of non S Ranks sitting on my file.

Er... 4-6 is something else.
All Unown, except for my lone support Pokemon. It's really hard to match them on time for the Trozei chance. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAAAAME. Ish.

Clever bastards.

JoeM86

Er... 4-6 is something else.
All Unown, except for my lone support Pokemon. It's really hard to match them on time for the Trozei chance. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAAAAME. Ish.

Clever bastards.

That was evil. Luckily, I managed to S Rank and
get Jirachi
in my first entry in that, so I never have to touch that evil level ever again.

That was evil. Luckily, I managed to S Rank and
get Jirachi
in my first entry in that, so I never have to touch that evil level ever again.
On your first try? Damn.

I got lucky with my support the first time, but had to restart. I just beat it but didn't make the hidden Pokemon appear.

QQ

Skelter

Banned
About to buy the game but just wondering is but does Trozei and X/Y have any free Pokémon to transfer like Dream Radar?

nitjj24

This game is Evil. The stuff you have to do to get some Pokemon is just cruel.

Get starter evo took a lot of restart because you fail if you make one mistake.
And the Wall mechanic is hair pull.

Overall I LOVE this game. Easily in the running for GOTY for me.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm really happy about this download. I've got the game yesterday and I've spent a good amount of time enjoying it

JoeM86

It really is nice to see so many positive things about this game. Had seen some people on a smaller forum I go to trash it claiming it had no skill, no puzzle etc.

Does adding an online vs mode sound highly improbable?

If Dr Luigi has it, why not this?
Given there seems to be no offline vs. mode (theofficial site only mentioned co-op). Yes. The multiplayer is co-op. maybe making it online would mean too many people co-op their way through the game (I'm making this sound like a bad thing when it might not be).

Camjo-Z

It really is nice to see so many positive things about this game. Had seen some people on a smaller forum I go to trash it claiming it had no skill, no puzzle etc.

I can see why people might think that at first, just beating the levels is pretty easy. Getting good enough to reach the hidden Pokemon and get high combos though? Not so much...

Given there seems to be no offline vs. mode (theofficial site only mentioned co-op). Yes. The multiplayer is co-op. maybe making it online would mean too many people co-op their way through the game (I'm making this sound like a bad thing when it might not be).

Ooh. I thought i read that theres a local vs mode. This makes sense.

A versus mode would be pretty neat. Allow you to choose a certain amount of pokemon, that you've caught, and then battle each other.

edit: Now that i think about it, the core gameplay would have to change, for a vs mode.

It would be counter productive. Why go for a 54 combo, when just doing a 34 combo might be just enough to one hit the opponent? Meaning, if both players are chaining combos at the same time, its best to do just enough, so you can attack first. I mean, you could take turns, instead, but im sure people wouldnt want to sit there, waiting for their opponent to finish their combo.

Boogiepop

Once you reach
Stage 12
it's crystal clear that there's definite strategy and skill to the game far beyond that of the original. I failed that so, so many times.

Pikma

Banned
This is pretty addictive. Worth 8 bux for sure.
wow, I seriously expected it to be $15 seeing how a lot of things seem to be kinda overpriced in the eShop. That's awesome! I'll have to get it the next time I buy an eShop card :)

MegaMelon

I bought this simply out of loyalty to the pokemon franchise but damn this is really good. Guess it's a good thing then that we still have new entries into otherwise obscure spin off games

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'm already at Zone 2 but I still don't know how to choose a support Pokemon. Is it just given to you?

fek

Went to the eshop get Umihara yesterday and ended up getting this too. Currently on zone 4 and it's quite fun, definitely worth it.

Boss Doggie

Affection only goes up once right? Like once the heart shows up it won't get any better?

Also I need dat OST. The combo music is hilarious.

ASTROID2

Zone 7 is killing me. Really had to focus on the first stage. Took about a hundred tries. The second stage in it only took me 2 though.

Boss Doggie

So in order to get Shedinja I just need to bring Nincada and defeat Ninjask with 20+ combo?

Tyeforce

So in order to get Shedinja I just need to bring Nincada and defeat Ninjask with 20+ combo?
You do not have to bring Nincada as a support. I'm not sure what exactly I did to trigger it, but I managed to get Shedinja on my first play through of the level, meaning I couldn't have had Nincada as I support since I hadn't completed the level once yet. I had no support Pokémon and when I beat the level, Shedinja appeared as my support Pokémon.

Whoo!

Just S-ranked the 4th match. But I'm missing Spewpa and Vivillon, even after getting uber points on Scatterbug. What do I do? Do I have to get huge points on Tyrantrum?

Also that match has my record combo so far; 60!

Boss Doggie

How do you get Jolteon and Flareon? I can only bring one support.

Also how do I unlock Safari Zone stages 2 and 3?

You do not have to bring Nincada as a support. I'm not sure what exactly I did to trigger it, but I managed to get Shedinja on my first play through of the level, meaning I couldn't have had Nincada as I support since I hadn't completed the level once yet. I had no support Pokémon and when I beat the level, Shedinja appeared as my support Pokémon.

Ah so you need an empty one.

Boss Doggie

The mons that appear in your box are set per stage, plus the support you added. Most of the time they are helpful (i.e. supereffective on the mons you catch) but they can be trolling sometimes (i.e. almost everyone being normal types in the stage with Eevee, almost everyone looking the same, etc.)

Whoo!

Just S-ranked the 4th match. But I'm missing Spewpa and Vivillon, even after getting uber points on Scatterbug. What do I do? Do I have to get huge points on Tyrantrum?

Also that match has my record combo so far; 60!

iirc, the game mentioned to come back each day, as different pokemon will appear.

Boss Doggie

Ugh, hate "requires high combo" requirement.

You know why? Because you could do high combos on mons that don't require them but when facing the mon that requires the high combo to access another mon, you'd fumble.

Camjo-Z

how do you get bigger combos? i think my longest was 16

Basically, when you get the Trozei Chance, you have to keep an eye on how many of each Pokemon are left and try to match them all at once so you don't get stuck with extras. Dittos are helpful to clear out any stragglers but it's best to not rely on them too much.

Boogiepop

I got a combo of like 180. Definitely starting to wind down here, have like 3 days of Friend Safari and like 3.5 Zones' hidden pokemon left to grab, assuming I'm not missing anything. Starting to reach the point where I willingly sabotage and stop comboing once I see the "OK" and there's no greater reason to keep going, because I'll pretty often just naturally hit the 50+ range now and that's just too slow. Though the Tornadus+Thundurus+Landorus stage was proving pretty difficult for the night so I decided to make that my breaking point.

Boogiepop

Grrr.... I've tried blasting those Emolga with those Cubones in 9-3 multiple, MULTIPLE times and Stunfisk just isn't appearing. I've gotten spread combos upwards of 80 both with and without super effective, and still nothing. Darn your apparently inaccurate information, Serebi! (Also more accurately darn this game for not just telling you unlock requirements, seriously!)

Ugh, anyone know how I'm supposed to be doing this? The dumb thing won't appear and its brought me to a halt.

Edit: Also, whoops! Sorry for the double post!

Top Bottom