• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Mush

I was wondering where you got Flygon from until I just googled that you can obtain Trapinch in the Desert Resort (which I had spent 20 minutes prior collecting items in).

Gonna see if I can go grab one now! That should round out my one Mon from every Gen theme. :)

Buttons

I was wondering where you got Flygon from until I just googled that you can obtain Trapinch in the Desert Resort (which I had spent 20 minutes prior collecting items in).

Gonna see if I can go grab one now! That should round out my one Mon from every Gen theme. :)

Yeah I caught him in the desert resort, the only Pokemon I traded over from White was a level 1 Jolteon since I wanted to use him from the start. I also caught my Psyduck in White 2 but quickly traded him to my copy of White so I could teach him Psychic, Dig, Surf and Ice Beam.
I knew I was not going to evolve him and since I wanted to keep him he needed good attacks from the start. :D

Neo Child

Banned
Really hope they keep dream world but enable it from in game on pokemon x and y.

have it available off line but also special pokemon and items online

Flareon is the weak link on my team. I've resorted to using it to burn Pokes.

Caught a bunch of Solosis until I got a Modest one (no Magic Guard but I'll live with it). Interesting how you only encounter evolved Pokemon in the wild (e.g. Golurk, Metang).

The Team Plasma bit was interesting but went on too long (two trips through the Plasma Frigate and so many Grunts with mostly the same Pokemon).

Working my way through Victory Road now. Debating whether I need a sixth Pokemon (maybe a Dragon type or Golurk).

pikablu

anyone available to trade me a lvl 15 victini today before 9pm est? I finally got my connection to work at a friends house 2 hours away.

Beat the E4 and Champion yesterday. After all the Team Plasma stuff, it seemed kind of underwhelming (especially the identity of the Champion). Sure the effects were cool and all, but it seemed just like the final step before unlocking post-game content.

Final team was Samurott, Lucario, Magnezone, Flareon, Reuniclus, and a spare Altaria.

ramparter

Banned
Gaf I need your help.

I have played previous Pokemon games for hundreds of hours. I've played the most the Pikachu & the Crystal version. I reached about level 50 in the Pearl and Soul Silver versions. There are things that I cannot stand after a while but never the less I have enjoyed the games above.

The thing is, I got bored in the Black version, I think my biggest issue was that the new overworld made me feel like I had to walk more and got lost easily in the new big cities and basically I felt that the game had much slower pace.

So my question is: Is there any chance I might enjoy B/W 2? What do you generally think of these games compared to the previous generations that I enjoyed? Anyone else felt the same about B/W as I did?

I would greatly appreciate your help and opinions here, thanks!

Gaf I need your help.

I have played previous Pokemon games for hundreds of hours. I've played the most the Pikachu & the Crystal version. I reached about level 50 in the Pearl and Soul Silver versions. There are things that I cannot stand after a while but never the less I have enjoyed the games above.

The thing is, I got bored in the Black version, I think my biggest issue was that the new overworld made me feel like I had to walk more and got lost easily in the new big cities and basically I felt that the game had much slower pace.

So my question is: Is there any chance I might enjoy B/W 2? What do you generally think of these games compared to the previous generations that I enjoyed? Anyone else felt the same about B/W as I did?

I would greatly appreciate your help and opinions here, thanks!
B/W2 improved a lot of things over it's predecessors but I think you will still get the same feeling of more walking. Mostly because it takes place in the same region and they haven't decreased the route sizes.

Madao

there's something i want to know but haven't been able to find the answer:

can White and Black Kyurem be traded between B2W2 carts or is it like Rotom where it can't be traded if it isn't in its base form?

Wichu

there's something i want to know but haven't been able to find the answer:

can White and Black Kyurem be traded between B2W2 carts or is it like Rotom where it can't be traded if it isn't in its base form?

It can't be traded, as (late-game spoiler)
the game has to remember the stats of the Reshiram/Zekrom that you used to fuse it so it can be un-fused later - each game only has space to store that once, so it couldn't handle having multiple B/W Kyurems via trading.

Madao

It can't be traded, as (late-game spoiler)
the game has to remember the stats of the Reshiram/Zekrom that you used to fuse it so it can be un-fused later - each game only has space to store that once, so it couldn't handle having multiple B/W Kyurems via trading.

aww that sucks. i want to turn the Kyurem i got in B1 into White Kyurem but i don't want to catch either Reshiram or Kyurem again since i got them with decent IVs and EV trained them already.

Wichu

aww that sucks. i want to turn the Kyurem i got in B1 into White Kyurem but i don't want to catch either Reshiram or Kyurem again since i got them with decent IVs and EV trained them already.

You can
trade both Reshiram and (normal) Kyurem over to the same BW2 cart and refuse them
, if that helps.

Riposte

Having Challenge Mode unlocked has made this the most fun Pokemon campaign in a long time. Gyms actually feel like boss fights, which they haven't felt to me since I was a kid with Red and a habit of making full party teams without over-leveling.

For the first Gym, being 2 to 3 levels under and having the same amount of Pokemon (3), I basically had to use a bunch of switching, growling, paralyzing, and such to win. The second gym (I had four pokemon this time) was even tougher until I gained a level (so 1 to 2 levels under, I think) so stuff evolved (namely Lucario and Flaaffy with Charge). It went from being way harder to slightly easier than the first. One rule I'm thinking of making for myself, after being able to pull it off twice, is reset upon any of my Pokemon being knocked out, to make up for the fact I'm using more Pokemon (in the second case). I've been paying attention to natures, because they do seem a little more necessary. The wild Pokemon selection being appealing from the start helps too.

I can think of plenty of ways Challenge Mode could be better (level caps), but it makes a big difference in keeping me engaged. Now I know I won't touch a Pokemon game without such a mode being enabled (and that's assuming they give me the means to enable it). X&Y couldn't be more unappealing to me right now, though if my sister suddenly decides girls are allowed to play Pokemon, I may check it out to keep her company.

Top Bottom