• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black Version 2/White Version 2 |OT| Zero Shades of Grey

Finished the E4. I found it easier than BW1. Oh, and I love the Champion's theme.

Sooo...I'm looking for some trade...mainly :
- Pokérus-infected pokémon (anything).
- Starters

I don't have a lot / special Pokémon to trade...except for Evees, Mr. Mime, Pichu and BW starters D: If I could have just one of what I seek it would greatly help me, thanks :)

upandaway

I just got into the GTS for the first time, haha wow. Music is pretty cool.
How do I know when my Magnemite was traded? Do I have to check in every time?

How hard are they? Are the BP earned worth it?
You need to beat every tournament once! C'mon man. It's like leaving a trainer in the middle of a route without fighting him. You don't do that.

Frost_Ace

So serebii tweeted that they are going yo distribute ANOTHER Victini in japan with v-create, fusion bolt, glaciate and fusion flare. Pretty awesome.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What's with this chick.

All she wants to do is talk on the phone and go on the damn ferris wheel.

WHY WONT SHE TAKE OUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE NEXT LEVEL?

Is it the hair?

Oh god it's the hair, isn't it?

upandaway

In the end for the Join Avenue I'm going with:
- White 2 Cafe
- Black Dojo
- Black Dojo (!!)
- Black 2 Dojo
- White 2 Dojo
- Black Antique Shop
- White Antique Shop
- Raffle Shop

The Dojo was such an annoying thing to plan.. Something felt really fishy so I checked it out:
izUzP.jpg
...and turns out the White version is filler! Thus, two Black Dojos instead of a variety. The Cafe has some HP/ATK/DEF EVs so it balances out ok.

Wichu

In the end for the Join Avenue I'm going with:
- White 2 Cafe
- Black Dojo
- Black Dojo (!!)
- Black 2 Dojo
- White 2 Dojo
- Black Antique Shop
- White Antique Shop
- Raffle Shop

The Dojo was such an annoying thing to plan.. Something felt really fishy so I checked it out:

...and turns out the White version is filler! Thus, two Black Dojos instead of a variety. The Cafe has some HP/ATK/DEF EVs so it balances out ok.

I'm fairly sure that EVing the traditional way is actually more efficient in the long run. With a level 41+ avenue, it costs $57600 for 64 EVs, or $460800 for the full 510. A run of the Elite Four takes 15-20 minutes and gets you $102240 with the use of an Amulet Coin. Therefore, it will take just over four runs of the E4 to fully EV a Pokémon, which will take somewhere around 1-1.5 hours.
You can easily EV something using Power items and Pokérus in less than that (probably around half an hour?). Using the Prize Money Pass Power makes it closer, but then you have to gather Pass Orbs, so it's not really much faster...

Using the Café for leveling, on the other hand... A Wonder Dinner also costs $57600 at level 41+, and levels up a Pokémon by 8 levels. Using Audinos for lower levels (up to, I dunno, ~level 50), then leveling up to 100 in the avenue will cost $345600, or just over 3 Elite Four runs. That's value right there. Plus you level up while fighting the Elite Four anyway.

Though I'm thinking of switching a few of my Cafés to Raffle Shops - I won a PP Max yesterday, so having a few raffles should give me a decent chance at PP Maxes. Or even a replacement Master Ball.

Actually, is the Elite Four still the best way to earn money? I suspect the Black Tower/White Treehollow might be faster - you get about $6000 per trainer in Area 10, and each trainer only uses two Pokémon. I suspect this is more efficient (and gives more experience too, with the level 76 Blisseys etc flying about). Gonna have to test this.
The sportspeople in Nimbasa give out over $12000 each, so they're a pretty good way of earning money. Plus you can battle Veterans there to acquire PP Maxes.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even notice the pun I made there. I swear it wasn't intentional. Good job naming your Pokémon, Game Freak :p

EDIT 2: Just remembered Join Avenue has a week-long sale when you get all eight shops to rank 10. During that sale it might actually be more efficient to use Join Avenue to EV train. On the other hand, level anything up to level 100 in less than an hour!

upandaway

You're totally right that it's expensive as hell, but it still seems to be like the best usage of the Avenue (I doubt I'll have the patience to wait a day, so I'll probably just use it to make EV training go quicker and without risk of losing track of points). Raffles are mostly useless, Florists and Markets are also useless. And yeah I plan on using the sale a lot, that's mostly why I'm keeping the raffle shop.

That said, I have about 5 million money in my White right now, and I spent a TON of money on vitamins there, and never sold any of my high-sell items there (I have at least 50 star pieces from the daily rock on there, which is alone a fully-EV'd Pokemon). I'm not sure why I have so much money in that game.

I wish the rich Undella family from BW was still there... they could have been so useful.

Why have 2 Black Dojos though? A Black, Black2, White2 should suffice. Could fit a Nursery in there IMO.

I originally wanted to keep my two rank 10 Markets for cheap vitamins but I just realized you can exchange BP for them in bulk now (it was a one-by-one exchange last gen). If my Battle Subway team is as efficient as I hope, I might just eliminate them from my final configuration.

3 Dojos, 2 Cafes, 1 Nursery for sure. Salons seem useless since I rarely EV reduce and I have stocked up on a lot of EV berries. Raffle and Antique shops seem like a total sham though.

jman2050

I'm fairly sure that EVing the traditional way is actually more efficient in the long run. With a level 41+ avenue, it costs $57600 for 64 EVs, or $460800 for the full 510. A run of the Elite Four takes 15-20 minutes and gets you $102240 with the use of an Amulet Coin. Therefore, it will take just over four runs of the E4 to fully EV a Pokémon, which will take somewhere around 1-1.5 hours.
You can easily EV something using Power items and Pokérus in less than that (probably around half an hour?). Using the Prize Money Pass Power makes it closer, but then you have to gather Pass Orbs, so it's not really much faster...

Using the Café for leveling, on the other hand... A Wonder Dinner also costs $57600 at level 41+, and levels up a Pokémon by 8 levels. Using Audinos for lower levels (up to, I dunno, ~level 50), then leveling up to 100 in the avenue will cost $345600, or just over 3 Elite Four runs. That's value right there. Plus you level up while fighting the Elite Four anyway.

Though I'm thinking of switching a few of my Cafés to Raffle Shops - I won a PP Max yesterday, so having a few raffles should give me a decent chance at PP Maxes. Or even a replacement Master Ball.

Actually, is the Elite Four still the best way to earn money? I suspect the Black Tower/White Treehollow might be faster - you get about $6000 per trainer in Area 10, and each trainer only uses two Pokémon. I suspect this is more efficient (and gives more experience too, with the level 76 Blisseys etc flying about). Gonna have to test this.
The sportspeople in Nimbasa give out over $12000 each, so they're a pretty good way of earning money. Plus you can battle Veterans there to acquire PP Maxes.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even notice the pun I made there. I swear it wasn't intentional. Good job naming your Pokémon, Game Freak :p

EDIT 2: Just remembered Join Avenue has a week-long sale when you get all eight shops to rank 10. During that sale it might actually be more efficient to use Join Avenue to EV train. On the other hand, level anything up to level 100 in less than an hour!

Perhaps Micle Berry farming in DW?

upandaway

Why have 2 Black Dojos though? A Black, Black2, White2 should suffice. Could fit a Nursery in there IMO.

I originally wanted to keep my two rank 10 Markets for cheap vitamins but I just realized you can exchange BP for them in bulk now (it was a one-by-one exchange last gen). If my Battle Subway team is as efficient as I hope, I might just eliminate them from my final configuration.

3 Dojos, 2 Cafes, 1 Nursery for sure. Salons seem useless since I rarely EV reduce and I have stocked up on a lot of EV berries. Raffle and Antique shops seem like a total sham though.
I panicked when I had 1 more room when I realized I don't need the White Dojo. Because of the Cafe I had sort of a "double EVs" thing going on so I went for the EVs that aren't covered in the Cafe, which is Black Dojo.
I really liked the idea of the Antique Shop, but now that I look at it better you're right, dunno what I'll do with it. I still wanna keep one for shards because I still don't know how the hell I farm those things.

To begin with I thought the Nursery was useless because, doesn't it just shorten the steps for the egg you're carrying? That seems ridiculously useless when you mass-produce eggs (by the time you get your 5th egg the 1st one hatches, and then one egg hatches before/around the time you get a new one). If the Nursery gave a permanent effect I'd be more inclined.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's actually a trick to get you unlimited Rare candies from the sports arena.

Also don't forget you can use cheap vitamins from join avenue markets AND you can half the price of a join avenue by ranking every store above nine, and that stacks with the 40% off from rank 41.

I panicked when I had 1 more room when I realized I don't need the White Dojo. Because of the Cafe I had sort of a "double EVs" thing going on so I went for the EVs that aren't covered in the Cafe, which is Black Dojo.
I really liked the idea of the Antique Shop, but now that I look at it better you're right, dunno what I'll do with it. I still wanna keep one for shards because I still don't know how the hell I farm those things.

To begin with I thought the Nursery was useless because, doesn't it just shorten the steps for the egg you're carrying? That seems ridiculously useless when you mass-produce eggs (by the time you get your 5th egg the 1st one hatches, and then one egg hatches before/around the time you get a new one). If the Nursery gave a permanent effect I'd be more inclined.
You can collect a bunch of shards with the shards funfest mission. All the evolution items you can get from the Antique shop can be acquired with funfest missions too, I believe. I'm just sick of selling all the Hard Stones I get. <_<

And it depends on what you're hatching. You're not going to hatch certain eggs that quickly with normal bike riding. Many of the psuedo-legendary stuff takes 10,000+ steps to hatch and Flame Body only cuts that in half. The higher level Nursery services should cut that down drastically.

upandaway

You can collect a bunch of shards with the shards funfest mission. All the evolution items you can get from the Antique shop can be acquired with funfest missions too, I believe. I'm just sick of selling all the Hard Stones I get. <_<

And it depends on what you're hatching. You're not going to hatch certain eggs that quickly with normal bike riding. Many of the psuedo-legendary stuff takes 10,000+ steps to hatch and Flame Body only cuts that in half. The higher level Nursery services should cut that down drastically.
But still, that's.. once a day, for an egg. If I'm going to breed that means I'm going through multiple PC boxes of them. Or is that not how it works?

But still, that's.. once a day, for an egg. If I'm going to breed that means I'm going through multiple PC boxes of them. Or is that not how it works?
I haven't put in my nursery yet but serebii.net says you get multiple uses of their services per day. Supposedly, the level 5 warming services cuts the steps by 10240 (instant egg hatching?) and you can use it 6 times a day at rank 10.

http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml

Kabuto

Looking to level low-level Pokemon to evolve using an Exp Share. Where's the place with the highest level wild Pokemon?

I believe Route 1 has the highest level wild Pokemon. There are up to level 67 wild Pokemon in the grass and level 59 Audino's in the ground shaking spots :eek:. You could also go to the Sports Domes in Nimbasa City for high level Pokemon battles everyday.

upandaway

how come its always so annoying to poketransfer. why can't i just transfer my pokemon without playing a stupid ass mini game
To add insult to injury I'm absolutely terrible at the game. I always finish with a couple pixels of time left all sweaty and stressed out, like I just finished killing someone.

Would've been nice if I could just not deal with that nonsense. It shortens my life span by a year per use. Why did they make it so hard?

Man, this game's great. I was really excited for the first Black, but I really didn't enjoy it that much. I ended up only playing about 40 hours of it, which is just a brief dabble compared to the hundreds of hours I've put into almost every other Pokemon. I thought I might just have been done with Pokemon for good, but I ended up finding Black 2 for below the impulse buy threshold and I'm really loving it so far.

It seems like it fixes every problem I had with Black 1. Not only is the encounter rate totally bearable, but now I can put all my Super Repels in their own pocket of the bag and the game says "Your Super Repel just ran out, do you want to use a new one?" which is the greatest innovation in the series. Also the Habitat function of the Pokedex is really wonderful, because now I don't feel I need to check Serebii every five minutes to see if I'm missing anything. I thought I liked the new set of Pokemon in Black, but I tried starting a new game a few months ago and found that there weren't six more Pokemon I liked to build a new team out of, so I really appreciate having some of the old guys back. I feel like I'm always finding a new dude to replace someone who's becoming less useful as I progress, and I don't feel like I'm hamstrung for useful moves (those fifth-gen Pokes just don't learn good moves, at least in the early stages of the game).

So I'm getting towards the seventh badge, I think, about eighteen hours in, and I'm enjoying it a lot. Though, I don't know if my DS Lite is just getting old but this game DEVOURS my battery. I'm getting about seven hours between charges, and my DS Lite's always been good for at least twelve. I always leave the C-Gear off, so I don't know what's going on.

EDIT - Though, now that I say that I'm not so sure. Can the C-Gear be any more 'off' than just saying 'no' when you start up the game? It's always on my bottom screen waiting for me to press its power button, does that count as 'off'? Seems like a waste of the touchscreen when I still have to press a button to bring up the touch menu instead of just being able to paw at it any old time.

Busaiku

What, but I thought I remember going in the Black/White thread and praising them to high heaven for it.
Maybe it was this thread...

jman2050

Still haaven't beat this game. My team is nearing level 50. The highest levels I can remember for the first E4 fight

They don't mess around on E4/Champion levels this time around, at least on Challenge mode.

Look forward to the Champion's Lv 83 Haxorus during the rematches on challenge mode!

Did GameFreak seriously kill the Wifi 6v6 metagame by not including auto-leveling this generation?

I can handle losing the auto-run feature. I can handle not having my Pokemon follow behind me during the game. I can handle the loss of berry growing in the main game. Why the fuck are they cutting a key feature that a lot of the postgame replay value revolves around? Simply to promote their shitty 3v3 and 4v4 metagames?

Frost_Ace

I hated the 3vs3 metagame too at the start, but after playing more than 100 hours online in bw1 I must say it makes the battles more fast paced and less stall-ish, which I quite like. Still the option to 6vs6 would have been appreciated:/

backlot

I hated the 3vs3 metagame too at the start, but after playing more than 100 hours online in bw1 I must say it makes the battles more fast paced and less stall-ish, which I quite like. Still the option to 6vs6 would have been appreciated:/

I had the same feelings basically. It's definitely a different metagame but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Was BW2 made by the "remake" team? I look forward to that repel feature not coming back, lol.

Are there actually two Pokemon teams? I vaguely remember reading something about HG/SS being made by a different team to the one that made B/W, which I wouldn't doubt. Soul Silver was my favourite game in the series since regular Silver, and I was really disappointed to find that a lot of the user friendliness from that game wasn't in Black at all. Auto run, L=A, Pokemon sprites following me, the touch screen controls and that neat system where walking would decrease your wild encounter rate were all fantastic.

Top Bottom