• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Greetings, PokeGAF :). I'm a complete newbie to Pokemon...a few hours of Pokemon Conquest (so far) aside. The Pokemon Direct and X/Y announcement have finally got me interested, and so I ordered a copy of White 1. Hopefully soon I'll be able to intelligently discuss it with you all :).

Welcome to PokeGAF :3 Here's your resident... Haxorus.

Given that you're playing White 1 eventually, do keep in mind that there aren't really a lot of rules when it comes to playing the games. Just remember that items are your best friend - use it when you think you need it. Be generous, and you'll hit post-game soon.

Oh, and do it within 10 days or your White Forest might get cleared. A good pacing would be around 1 Gym every day, starting every day (best to start during morning/afternoon).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh anime... always putting Charizard in places it shouldn't be (like fighting Reshiram).

...where the fuck is Zekrom?

papercamm

Greetings, PokeGAF :). I'm a complete newbie to Pokemon...a few hours of Pokemon Conquest (so far) aside. The Pokemon Direct and X/Y announcement have finally got me interested, and so I ordered a copy of White 1. Hopefully soon I'll be able to intelligently discuss it with you all :).

Run away! I hope you enjoy the game.

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Okay, initiation question time:

What's your favourite Pokémon and why?

Welcome to PokeGAF :3 Here's your resident... Haxorus.

Given that you're playing White 1 eventually, do keep in mind that there aren't really a lot of rules when it comes to playing the games. Just remember that items are your best friend - use it when you think you need it. Be generous, and you'll hit post-game soon.

Oh, and do it within 10 days or your White Forest might get cleared. A good pacing would be around 1 Gym every day, starting every day (best to start during morning/afternoon).

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Okay, initiation question time:

What's your favourite Pokémon and why?

Run away! I hope you enjoy the game.

Thanks all :). So, favorite...can't really say I have one yet as I don't really have an informed opinion, but I have enjoyed trolling my roommates with Jigglypuff in Brawl, for what it's worth :p.

Ainaurdur

Thanks all :). So, favorite...can't really say I have one yet as I don't really have an informed opinion, but I have enjoyed trolling my roommates with Jigglypuff in Brawl, for what it's worth :p.

Mmm... Jiggly was my main in SSB Melee.

Still like to mix it up a bit in Brawl though. Good choice.

btkadams

do you guys get your pokemon up to level 100? i've never actually done it before (aside from the red/blue/gold/silver gameshark days).

i have a sigilyph at level 97 though ha. it's just because i've had it in my party for fly and battling when breeding/levelling other pokemon to complete my pokedex. maybe i should reach that milestone.

I've trained a lot of Pokémon to 100. 6v6, level 100, single battles are still my favorites.

I've probably trained as many Arcanine to level 100 as most people have trained any Pokémon.

MikeMyers

I've trained a lot of Pokémon to 100. 6v6, level 100, single battles are still my favorites.

I've probably trained as many Arcanine to level 100 as most people have trained any Pokémon.

I've trained a bunch of Gyarados, including a variety of movesets.

1.) RBY: Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
2.) GSC: Surf, Strength, Zap-Cannon, Hyper Beam
3.) RSE: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake
4.) FRLG: Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake, Surf
5.) Platinum: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge
6.) White: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge
7.) White: Taunt, Waterfall, Dragon Tail, Thunder wave
8.) White 2: Substitute, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Bounce
9.) White 2: Waterfall, Rest, Sleep Talk, Dragon Tail

In the process of making a Flail set.

I've trained a bunch of Gyarados, including a variety of movesets.

1.) RBY: Surf, Body Slam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt
2.) GSC: Surf, Strength, Zap-Cannon, Hyper Beam
3.) RSE: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake
4.) FRLG: Dragon Dance, Return, Earthquake, Surf
5.) Platinum: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge
6.) White: Taunt, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Stone Edge
7.) White: Taunt, Waterfall, Dragon Tail, Thunder wave
8.) White 2: Substitute, Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Bounce
9.) White 2: Waterfall, Rest, Sleep Talk, Dragon Tail

In the process of making a Flail set.

I suppose you really like Gyarados, huh?

Hmm... Sleep Talk > Dragon Tail, *wonders the priority*

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Gyarados is really good.

Mine is Earthquake/Waterfall/Stone Edge/Ice Fang, though I tend to switch SE/IF with Dragon Dance

My shiny Scrafty is Level 100, but like 20 of those are using the Rare Candie exploit from White 2 :p

It's fully EV trained though, so it's not a huge deal.

This is a (mostly complete) list of the Pokémon I've trained to level 100. If I trained more than one of the same in a game, it's probably because I decided its stats or moveset sucked.

In bold is the primary team I used in that particular game. I think anyway, I can't remember all of them exactly as they were without going back and looking.

Yellow (24 total): Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Raichu, Sandslash, Clefable, Vileplume, Arcanine (x2), Poliwrath (x2), Alakazam, Magneton, Hypno, Exeggutor, Gyarados (x2), Lapras, Vaporeon, Zapdos, Dragonite (x2), Mewtwo

Gold (12 total): Raichu, Arcanine (x2), Exeggutor, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Espeon, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh

Crystal (10 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Espeon, Kingdra, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tyranitar

Emerald (11 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Aggron, Milotic, Metagross, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza

FireRed (1 total): Mewtwo

Diamond (8 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Electivire, Dialga, Giratina

Black (10 total): Raichu, Arcanine (x3), Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Lucario, Hydreigon

Black 2 (13 total): Arcanine (x2), Cloyster, Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Luxray, Garchomp, Lucario, Electivire, Darmanitan, Zoroark

So 89 total Pokémon trained to level 100 if I counted correctly. Including 12 Arcanine! I've been super busy in Black 2 training stuff up. I've been playing it nonstop since it released!

If I plan on using a Pokémon on one of my main teams on a new game, I always breed a new one even if I already have a good one. I attempt to get better IVs each time, though it's not usually much use trying these days. It also gives me another chance at adding another moveset, nature, or EV spread to my list of battle options.

My Crystal and Black 1/Black 2 games are still home to most of these Pokémon. A lot of them have fond memories attached to them, which is one of the reasons I get angry when people say we shouldn't be able to transfer old Pokémon to the new games.

MikeMyers

My first Level 100 was the traded Dewgong CEZANNE in Yellow Version. I used the Missingo glitch to get more Level 100s.

Gen 2 & 3 I never trained to Level 100, I had a Level 81 Flareon in Leaf Green once though.

Platinum my main team is at Level 100: Infernape, Gyarados, Garchomp, Salamence, Vileplume, Glaceon.

White & White 2 Level 100s:
- Serperior
- Lucario (x2)
- Gyarados (multiple)
- Hydregion
- Chandelure
- Milotic
- Mamoswine
- Tyranitar
- Excradrill

injurai

Banned
This is a (mostly complete) list of the Pokémon I've trained to level 100. If I trained more than one of the same in a game, it's probably because I decided its stats or moveset sucked.

In bold is the primary team I used in that particular game. I think anyway, I can't remember all of them exactly as they were without going back and looking.

Yellow (24 total): Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pidgeot, Raichu, Sandslash, Clefable, Vileplume, Arcanine (x2), Poliwrath (x2), Alakazam, Magneton, Hypno, Exeggutor, Gyarados (x2), Lapras, Vaporeon, Zapdos, Dragonite (x2), Mewtwo

Gold (12 total): Raichu, Arcanine (x2), Exeggutor, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Espeon, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Lugia, Ho-oh

Crystal (10 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Espeon, Kingdra, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Tyranitar

Emerald (11 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Ampharos, Tyranitar, Aggron, Milotic, Metagross, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza

FireRed (1 total): Mewtwo

Diamond (8 total): Arcanine, Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Electivire, Dialga, Giratina

Black (10 total): Raichu, Arcanine (x3), Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Gardevoir, Lucario, Hydreigon

Black 2 (13 total): Arcanine (x2), Cloyster, Gyarados, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Luxray, Garchomp, Lucario, Electivire, Darmanitan, Zoroark

So 89 total Pokémon trained to level 100 if I counted correctly. Including 12 Arcanine! I've been super busy in Black 2 training stuff up. I've been playing it nonstop since it released!

If I plan on using a Pokémon on one of my main teams on a new game, I always breed a new one even if I already have a good one. I attempt to get better IVs each time, though it's not usually much use trying these days. It also gives me another chance at adding another moveset, nature, or EV spread to my list of battle options.

My Crystal and Black 1/Black 2 games are still home to most of these Pokémon. A lot of them have fond memories attached to them, which is one of the reasons I get angry when people say we shouldn't be able to transfer old Pokémon to the new games.

Whoa Ike... that Champion material. I actually didn't level that many to 100. I would get a bunch in the 70-80 range though.

My first 100 I think was a Kingdra, then Mewtwo.

tumblr_m6188zy3UM1qf1cvto1_500.gif

Funny how it's things like this that make a game look truly good.

MikeMyers

...And now I just got swept by Casher Wake's Gyarados in PWT.

Came on in Scizor.
Survived Gengar's Thunderbolt with WACAN BERRY
and had Outrage....GG Hydregion.

I feel backstabbed.

I saw this posted a couple weeks back and have been unable to find it via search.

What was the website that gets you the event pokemon after the events?

Also there was a link to a site to clone and backup your pokemon, anyone have that? Thanks pokegaf

I've never battled anyone from NeoGAF. I only ever do online random battles.

We should all battle each other sometime.

Nothing too serious though. :<

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just remember about Pokecheck, since they stick the special ribbon on each one, they might fail a hack check. If they do pass a hack check (for online tournaments) at first, you could be DQ'd later upon inspection. Especially if you do well.

It can be a great utility for filling up a Pokedex, or finding parents to breed with though.

I'm having this issue a lot in W2 :p

Hahaha, I have this problem too sometimes, they ought to bring back the running shoes toggle from HG/SS!

UltimateIke said:
A lot of them have fond memories attached to them, which is one of the reasons I get angry when people say we shouldn't be able to transfer old Pokémon to the new games.

Who the heck says this? I can't see any benefit of not transferring whatsoever.

That is a lot of Lv.100s btw, I didn't train my first lv.100 until Ruby version 'cos I tended to restart the old games a lot. It was my starter poke Blaziken, been using it in the PWT =). I also have a lv.100 Zapdos called Cheesecake I use online a lot, and a shiny Rayquaza from Emerald (<3).

Also was that a bunch of Genesect in that opening?! Do Team Plasma have an army or something, lol. Hopefully episode N will be an improvement, Best Wishes has been kinda dull imo...

Just hatched two Modest Dratinis back to back with flawless HP, SpA, SpD, and Speed. Both Shed Skin. :(

Dratini - #147 (Modest)
HP: 31
Att: 2 - 5
Def: 30
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31

Come the fuck on, man.

ffdgh

speaking of the arco bike, did they mention anywhere ingame that the short hops could be used to bounce on stones and small platforms? Because I would have never known unless I looked on the internet.
KuGsj.gif

x-Lundz-x

So I just got a 3ds and Pokemon white today. Opinions on the best starter?

Also I haven't played since gold/silver so I imagine a lot has changed.

Top Bottom