• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Zeroth

yjK3D.jpg

That's some hairy ear.

Zeroth

In a more serious note, Ike is probably holding until this thread gets locked or he gets Chet's art. Or maybe both or none.

subtles

I wonder how many more Pokemon will fall down the competitive ladder? If Salamence was the death of Dragonite (Pre-Marvel Scale) to many players, will this region marginalize many Pokemon? I hope the Fairy type breaths new life into Pokemon that never got a second glance. (Gardevoir was my favorite in R/S/E).

Zeroth

I wonder how many more Pokemon will fall down the competitive ladder? If Salamence was the death of Dragonite (Pre-Marvel Scale) to many players, will this region marginalize many Pokemon? I hope the Fairy type breaths new life into Pokemon that never got a second glance. (Gardevoir was my favorite in R/S/E).

Fairy type will certainly shake the metagame if they do turn out to be immune to Dragon. Hopefully it means we'll get a non-dragon Pseudo-Legendary again.

Usually the thread is locked after the new thread is posted isn't it? That's been the case from what I've seen.

It usually depends. Some threads that are frequently moderated are first locked since the users stay in touch with the mods.

It's been fun, guys. Hats off to these people and more:

UltimateIke
Extreminieren
PK Gaming
DaBoss
Aggrotek
ColtraineGF
Kokonoe
MikeMyers
ffdgh
Neiteio
Chet Rippo
Cuteness Overload
tiggerkiddo
Andrex
Emitan
Wiseblade
Professor Beef
Dr. Palutena
Nocturnowl
backlot
Boss Doggie
IntelliHeath
injurai
SalsaShark
lordfroakie
Nub
Firestorm
Serebii
Zeroth
Lelesocho
Refyref

You're all wonderful people. If I missed your name, don't worry; I'm sure you're wonderful too.

Zeroth

UltimateIke
Extreminieren
PK Gaming
DaBoss
Aggrotek
ColtraineGF
Kokonoe
MikeMyers
ffdgh
Neiteio
Chet Rippo
Cuteness Overload
tiggerkiddo
Andrex
Emitan
Wiseblade
Professor Beef
Dr. Palutena
Nocturnowl
backlot
Boss Doggie
IntelliHeath
injurai
SalsaShark
lordfroakie
Nub
Firestorm
Serebii
Zeroth
Lelesocho

You're all wonderful people. If I missed your name, don't worry; I'm sure you're wonderful too.

29th in your heart. That was very kind of you.

LeleSocho

Banned

UltimateIke
Extreminieren
PK Gaming
DaBoss
Aggrotek
ColtraineGF
Kokonoe
MikeMyers
ffdgh
Neiteio
Chet Rippo
Cuteness Overload
tiggerkiddo
Andrex
Emitan
Wiseblade
Professor Beef
Dr. Palutena
Nocturnowl
backlot
Boss Doggie
IntelliHeath
injurai
SalsaShark
lordfroakie
Nub
Firestorm
Serebii
Zeroth
Lelesocho
Refyref

G6H4Rgd.gif

I-I've been mentioned and my avatar has been quoted, well it's not like this c-community anyway... ^///^

DaBoss

I feel as if this is the first generation where the professor can legitimately ask the question are you male or female (if you are going to choose male) lol.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So red is a human being and isn't perfect like the carbon copy other Pokemon trainers?
OLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Not really, it just means that he has a really shitty team for a final battle.

wut

It is true! You can't say the same for Ethan/Kris/Lyre, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Hilbert/Hilda, and Nate/Rosa. I don't understand why people get upset on their precious Red.

qq more

Not really, it just means that he has a really shitty team for a final battle.

wut

It is true! You can't say the same for Ethan/Kris/Lyre, Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Hilbert/Hilda, and Nate/Rosa. I don't understand why people get upset on their precious Red.

Are you kidding me?! Wow.

Geez, don't you think it's because you fight Red in the game?! No shit he's going to have a loss record. Did you expect he would have some impossible team to fight against?!

Also, you're totally wrong. You fight Brendan/May and Lucas/Dawn. Therefore they also get a loss in their record. So no, Red isn't the only one.

The logic is so flawed, it's seriously baffling. Holy shit.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also technically speaking the protagonists other than Red managed to be able to talk by virtue of being the "existing alternate character". Of course, it depends on the circumstances whether you count them as "protagonist". Though Redette seems to vanish in the remake.

Geez, don't you think it's because you fight Red in the game?! No shit he's going to have a loss record. Did you expect he would have some impossible team to fight against?!

Also, you're totally wrong. You fight Brendan/May and Lucas/Dawn. Therefore they also get a loss in their record. So no, Red isn't the only one.

That version of May/Brendan and Lucas/Dawn aren't the "protagonist" version as I mention above though, unlike the Red "the protagonist of previous gen" fight.

I am actually surprised that my post suddenly reacted rage, and I wasn't even being assaulting there but just a teasing joke. And they said "anti-genwunners are more prominent".

Aggrotek

53hP6.gif

qq more

That version of May/Brendan and Lucas/Dawn aren't the "protagonist" version as I mention above though, unlike the Red "the protagonist of previous gen" fight.

I am actually surprised that my post suddenly reacted rage, and I wasn't even being assaulting there but just a teasing joke. And they said "anti-genwunners are more prominent".

In all fairness you really do criticize Gen 1/2 and their fans a lot. Kind of to the point it's hard to tell the diff with those "jokes".

Top Bottom