• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Refyref

In all fairness you really do criticize Gen 1/2 and their fans a lot. Kind of to the point it's hard to tell the diff between with those "jokes".

To be fair, the other side does that too. It's really annoying, all of these cheap potshots and constant battling.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In all fairness you really do criticize Gen 1/2 and their fans a lot. Kind of to the point it's hard to tell the diff with those "jokes".

Yeah because criticizing a gen is befitting for a closing thread. I'll be honest though that the fanart sparked hate for me but not for the reasons you think.

The answer?
pixiv Red

Worst
fan-depiction
character ever. You know how I'm cool very cool with the official art (especially Gen III version) but that fan-interpretation reeks of hatred.

qq more

Yeah because criticizing a gen is befitting for a closing thread. I'll be honest though that the fanart sparked hate for me but not for the reasons you think.

The answer?
pixiv Red

Worst
fan-depiction
character ever. You know how I'm cool very cool with the official art (especially Gen III version) but that fan-interpretation reeks of hatred.

I don't see the issue with the fanart.

Boss Doggie

I don't see the issue with the fanart.

You know how "serious but still has that kid-like look" Red has in his official art? Somehow they manage to sip it all out from pixiv Red and replace the kid-like look with generic bishie face that makes Sasuke fangirls orgasm in delight.

Non-pixiv-Red Red fanart is kinda uncommon in comparison.

qq more

You know how "serious but still has that kid-like look" Red has in his official art? Somehow they manage to sip it all out from pixiv Red and replace the kid-like look with generic bishie face that makes Sasuke fangirls orgasm in delight.

Non-pixiv-Red Red fanart is kinda uncommon in comparison.
Aren't you taking fan art a bit too serious? Guess you need to take a chill pill too!

So, yeah, this is kinda rude.

Are you seriously calling qq more a "genwunner"? (Christ, how I've come to hate that phrase.)

I've been wondering the same too. (I hate that term so much too.)

Boss Doggie

So, yeah, this is kinda rude.

Are you seriously calling qq more a "genwunner"? (Christ, how I've come to hate that phrase.)

Not really - well fine, maybe just a bit, but it's mostly due to previous experience than anything really. I mentioned it because like I said, it was a rather fierce reaction to an otherwise off-hand joke in-game.

Aren't you taking fan art a bit too serious? Guess you need to take a chill pill too!

Nah just disappointed that pixiv's Red is mostly full of that.

Guys we're supposed to be ending this thread with happy reminiscing. Nobody's a genwunner or genfiver or whatever, so we should stop assaulting each other's opinions like this. I'll admit I used to be kind of bad in that regard, but new thread, new start; right?

Boss Doggie

where's the new OT at

Guys we're supposed to be ending this thread with happy reminiscing. Nobody's a genwunner or genfiver or whatever, so we should stop assaulting each other's opinions like this. I'll admit I used to be kind of bad in that regard, but new thread, new start; right?

tumblr_medqzbNfD81r3ifxzo1_500.gif

Well, he isn't.

Oh I know.

injurai

Banned
I can't believe any actual fan of the Pokemon series that actually plays the games wants an MMO.

No it would be the same issue that ruined D3. In D2 and pokemon things have value even if they are imperfect or are duplicates and fakes. Because they exist in isolated communities.

an MMO would ruin anything that wasn't perfect in IV and EV, and do you really want nazism to impeded on the joys of the pokemon world?

Zelias

Banned
Pokemon MMO sounds cool on paper, I can't think of anything it would really add to the series though. Just improve connectivity in the main games as has been suggested already.

LeleSocho

Banned
One day they'll give us Pokémon MMO and it'll work like shit and everybody will say "I never wanted pkmn mmo, i knew it would've sucked"

injurai

Banned
One day they'll give us Pokémon MMO and it'll work like shit and everybody will say "I never wanted pkmn mmo, i knew it would've sucked"

they never will. It would ruin the Pokemon brand, and their main target demographic would be really hard to reel in with parents having to fork out the funding.

Firestorm

I'm one of the few people in this thread who would love a Pokemon MMO. I think it would do wonders for the social aspect of the game which is the only reason I still play.

Unfortunately I don't think it would be able to do what it needs to do as long as Nintendo publishes it.

Zeroth

So apparently Kotaku recently did a Pokémon-related article, and I thought it might be interesting for some of you folks here:

http://kotaku.com/the-one-thing-the-original-pokemon-games-do-better-than-513847213

In a way, I can relate to that. I liked how in Gen 3 you required several games to complete the pokedex. That was a true challenge. Nowadays trading and pokemon availability is so easy and big that all it takes is some time and patience to get all pokemons.

The only time I ever found other folk willing to trade in person was at a Pokemon event on its 15th anniversary. Sure it's more memorable but I wouldn't trade all of these improvements because of that. So glad the GTS exists, when Diamond came out I could finally complete the pokedex. Plus I only play it so much nowadays because it's possible to actually battle people because of online.

I liked how in Gen 3 you required several games to complete the pokedex.
You wouldn't though, if you had someone to trade with.

So technically you could find someone with FireRed and someone else with LeafGreen. GTS just makes things more convenient. The pokedex is so much bigger nowadays there's no way the challenge of getting them all is diminished by it. It's great that folk can help each other complete each other's pokedexes on a global scale.

Zeroth

So technically you could find someone with FireRed and someone else with LeafGreen. GTS just makes things more convenient. The pokedex is so much bigger nowadays there's no way the challenge of getting them all is diminished by it. It's great that folk can help each other complete each other's pokedexes on a global scale.

That's true, but that is one of the points of the article. Nowadays you can do it without leaving home. Personally, having lived in a town where I was the only person with a pokemon game, when I finally completed the Hoenn dex I was extremely happy. I can't feel compelled to complete pokedexes on the newer games since it's just so easy. I hope XY brings some challenge with the global launch.

Top Bottom