• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

JoeM86

Oh yeah, what was the last time they made a spin-off guest star in the anime? Was it the Ranger series?

Yep. Kellyn from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia appeared in the two part episode Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu in the Diamond & Pearl series.

Though there have been small anime shorts for Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, but they don't tie in.

Nightbird

Hey now!

That isn't my alt account.

Not saying that I have one or anything.

simpsons-shifty-dog-o.gif

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Nah I just got obsessed by the opening of Aikatsu.

Story time: I watch Pokemon XY when it airs through stream, I always set up an hour early and the anime that comes out before Pokemon are Tamagotchi and Aikatsu. Prior to April this year it's usually Aikatsu first, then Tamagotchi, then XY. Sometimes I miss Aikatsu. But in April they switched positions (Tamagotchi finished its latest season, and now it's essentially a "reruns of old episodes hosted by two young live action girls") while Aikatsu continued with its airing of Season 3. So yeah I always ended up watching Aikatsu.

I don't watch it subbed but I like the opening and the cute stuff. Alson Rin is best Aikatsu. So I'm giving her a week before I go the usual.

Yep. Kellyn from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia appeared in the two part episode Pokémon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu in the Diamond & Pearl series.

Though there have been small anime shorts for Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs and the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games, but they don't tie in.

I was told BW had some weird thing with Pokepark too?

Cindro

After over ten years of contemplating an attempt, I finally began my living dex last night. I thought it would be smooth sailing at first, but I ran into a snafu with Ekans (only found on route 14 on X/Y in gen VI, also rare as hell), and Nidoran/Nidorina (I have a Nidoqueen, but apparently she's post-menopause as she can't breed).

On the bright side, shiny mega Rayquaza is impossibly beautiful.

Back to hunting Ekans. What year is it again?

Cindro

If you need any help, I can definitely hand over some stuff.
Have several musketeers.
Aww, PokeGAF is always so helpful.

Since I've known for years I would *eventually* get around to doing a living dex, I've been really good with keeping up on legendaries and event distributions. I'm relatively certain I have every released unobtainable and every legendary, save for Xerneas (as I only bought Y). Since I'm doing the dex in order though, by the time I get to Xerneas the next version will be out, and I'll get him in that.

I also spent my precious few hours of respite from work this evening finally finding an Ekans and a couple of Nidorans! Time well spent. I'm such a productive member of society.

Azuran

Banned
We need a Pokemon/Rune Factory crossover. I want to marry someone and have my own kid and then force him to tend my gym while I'm playing Biking Simulator 2k16™

Daemul

I never did the Xtransceiver quests in B2W2

I feel like I missed out now

Oh man if you ever get the chance to play B2W2 again you should, it isn't essential by any means but it does add something extra to the game.

I never finished them. I never looked up what I was supposed to do.

I was confused as fuck as what to do on my first play through that I had to resort to using a guide lol. It's a bit convoluted but very enjoyable once you figure it out.

Will we ever get to date people again.
Black 2 was too good to us.

That Ferris Wheel dating scene in Unova, the kids love to hook up there it seems lol. I remember playing as Rosa and getting hit on by a female NPC called Guitarist January who I went on the Ferris Wheel with, that brought a chuckle out of me.

The best Ferris Wheel date will always be the one with that Nusery aide called June who shows up when you play as Nate, and during the ride reveals themself to actually be a man who crossdresses so that he can keep his job(I think this was censored in the English version). The implications of that revelation ethered me and I still haven't fully recovered from it to this very day.

Man, I'm in the mood to play Black 2 again. If the next Pokemon game is announced of Friday than I'll start a new Black 2 play through in celebration, I'm really looking forward to it.

We need a Pokemon/Rune Factory crossover. I want to marry someone and have my own kid and then force him to tend my gym while I'm playing Biking Simulator 2k16™

This would be a hilarious feature in future game's, I would use it to send my kid out on my journey for me whilst I fuck around in the game corner(if they add it back).

ash_ag

Apparently there's an official Pokémon app that went unnoticed. It's called Pokémon Mega Stone Plus List -ONLINE- and it's some silly tie-in with this TOMY product. My understanding is that the app interacts with the Mega Ring toy (much like Tretta does) to make some animation of sorts. Here's the compatibility list. TOMY hasn't bothered to region-lock it, at least the Android version.

nXBgUWF.png

Google Play
App Store

Completely insignificant, just mentioning it for documentation purposes. :p
OMG!!! Nintendo going mobile!?!!?!!1

JoeM86

Apparently there's an official Pokémon app that went unnoticed. It's called Pokémon Mega Stone Plus List -ONLINE- and it's some silly tie-in with this TOMY product. My understanding is that the app interacts with the Mega Ring toy (much like Tretta does) to make some animation of sorts. Here's the compatibility list. TOMY hasn't bothered to region-lock it, at least the Android version.

nXBgUWF.png

Google Play
App Store

Completely insignificant, just mentioning it for documentation purposes. :p
OMG!!! Nintendo going mobile!?!!?!!1

Thanks. I'll add it to the list. Merch stuff does often slip by me unnoticed, especially when additional things come out after the merch. When the merch is announced thenI often see it and if it's big then gin lets me know, but when they add something like this after release, it can be missed.

It's on the site now :)

Boss Doggie

I wonder... The mega ring/bangle has special program that lets Tretta use Ash and Serena's voice to Mega Evolve.

ash_ag

That episode numbering is wrong though.

I think it's because Bulbapedia tagged XY078 as a special, resulting some sites to be one number behind. I'm not sure what they thought suggested the episode was considered a special. Maybe the unusual title. It's being discussed that it's moved to XY078, but no one seems to want to bother. :p

Boss Doggie

Ahh bulba, you only got first in results due to being a wiki despite being so outdated and uninformed, as well as having ridiculous red tape.

The unusual title made people think it was a special, but even back as far as episode listings in magazines go, it was listed as 78.

Boss Doggie

Talonflame takes out a Moltres?
Times have changed.

We don't know the outcome but in the "new episodes teaser" we see a fallen talonflame about to fall into the lava with Ash jumping in

dat evolution animation tho, straight out of a mecha show

Top Bottom