• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Everyone is speculating that it'll be Meloetta's other form. The issue comes out next week so hopefully it'll leak soon.

It will be Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, unless they go crazy and reveal Genesect.

If they do reveal Genesect, then the whole franchise is thrown up into the air in terms of the future.

upandaway

RJINb.png

HAHAHA YES

You cute little bundle of numbers, how can you make me so happy.

Thank god I made it in time!

Wait wait wait wait wait what? Wait what?

Isn't the relevant Smash next week?

Last week's teased an announcement of some sort this week.

As it's an anime 15th anniversary special, expect it to be anime related.

But, as I said, April Fools Day, so don't believe anything too unexpected.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think around 5:30 EST, then it ends around 6:30, meaning around 6:20 is when the stuff we're interested in will happen. :p

upandaway

Last week's teased an announcement of some sort this week.

As it's an anime 15th anniversary special, expect it to be anime related.

But, as I said, April Fools Day, so don't believe anything too unexpected.
Oh alright. I didn't prepare tomorrow morning to stay up late, so I'm skipping. I'll try and stay next week.

Now that I think about it next week is the show before Coro Coro leaks, so that makes sense to have some news.

Oh look, Ho-Oh in the first episode. I remember this being a big deal back then.

I remember watching the first movie on VHS before Gen II came out, seeing Marill and Snubull in Pikachu's Vacation (which is still awesome nowadays), and going WHAT IS THIS WITCHCRAFT THEY'RE NOT IN THE GAMES

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So the game is two months away and all we know is that Kyurem will have two new forms. There better be a huge info dump soon, especially when they say this will be an all new game and not another Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.

Ondore

Isn't the big infodump for 3rd versions in the couple of days after the games come out in Japan, once the usual joints get their copies in?

Isn't the big infodump for 3rd versions in the couple of days after the games come out in Japan, once the usual joints get their copies in?

We can probably expect a lot of info once Serebii pirates imports their copy. We just want to know more stuff pre-release so we have more to discuss.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Explain to me Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, should I wait for versions 2 because I haven't touched the first versions yet!

I'm so out of the loop.

survivor

Banned
Explain to me Pokémon Black and White Versions 2, should I wait for versions 2 because I haven't touched the first versions yet!

I'm so out of the loop.

They are supposedly sequels to B/W so from that they should be new games and not an improved game like 3rd versions generally are. Outside of that we know nothing, so it's better to wait till next issue of CoroCoro for more info.

I say play the first version cause they are pretty good.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They are supposedly sequels to B/W so from that they should be new games and not an improved game like 3rd versions generally are. Outside of that we know nothing, so it's better to wait till next issue of CoroCoro for more info.

I say play the first version cause they are pretty good.

Thanks Survivor, looks like I am going to buy Black because it's harder than White, supposedly.

Currently I'm fighting a fisherman on what seems to be the end of route 221, I am livid at the fact that this game lacks Magikarp, I always raise a Gyarados. Haven't played it since 2007, just got into the mood tonight lol. I don't think I've seen all 150 pokemon in this game, but I hope prof. oaks gives me the national dex because my emerald battery might die one day soon.

Edit: As if I'm seeing pokemon I've never seen before right on my way to the pal park.

LMAO what the hell is a Cherrim? XD Upside down tulip.

The moment when no experience was touted as a "new feature" was the moment I lost all journalistic faith in Serebii. I no longer trust their news, and go there only for my animé-related kicks.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The moment when no experience was touted as a "new feature" was the moment I lost all journalistic faith in Serebii. I no longer trust their news, and go there only for my animé-related kicks.

Wait, they seriously thought the obvious anti-piracy measure was a new feature? God damn Serebii... no wonder people turn to Bulbapedia.

By the way, a while back I saw this trilogy of riff videos over jackholes that decided to do playthroughs of B/W before it came out in Japan. The second of the two didn't use the patch. I don't understand how Pokemon fans can do playthroughs in Japanese when they can't understand a damn thing.

Wait, they seriously thought the obvious anti-piracy measure was a new feature? God damn Serebii... no wonder people turn to Bulbapedia.

By the way, a while back I saw this trilogy of riff videos over jackholes that decided to do playthroughs of B/W before it came out in Japan. The second of the two didn't use the patch. I don't understand how Pokemon fans can do playthroughs in Japanese when they can't understand a damn thing.

A lot of bored idiots try that either to make fun of the "moonspeak" or to have an excuse to act like an even bigger jackhole. I know a guy at my university who used to make bad LPs of Japanese ROMs before his channel got deleted by bots, doing the internet a favour.

In fairness... The guy's not a journalist. He's a student who runs a fan site, that, by virtue of luck and ease of use, has become vastly popular.

He clearly has sources, too; he scooped BW's legendary typings, and stuck by the starter evolutions when everyone else was backing away.

I have a lot more time for Serebii than a lot of people here, even though I recognise that he has a nasty habit of jumping to conclusions and using some of the world's worst Japanese translation.

I mean, Towards the Spacetime's Overcome, for fuck's sake.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
He clearly has sources, too; he scooped BW's legendary typings, and stuck by the starter evolutions when everyone else was backing away.

That whole thing was ridiculous.

Even though they were clearly pics of a magazine, and thus would obviously have various image artifacts and such, there was some stupid website that could supposedly identify shopped scans, and everyone, including the head of BMG, were using it as irreversible proof that they were fake.

OMG Aero

Just watched the latest episode, Axew has the best dreams.
cqa6h.jpg

Also I'm disappointed that Garbodor is pronounced as Garb-odor, I always thought it was meant to be like luchador which made the concept of Garbodor way better.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Dunno why they have to go through all those mental gymnastics to prove some innocent things about the series are "disturbing," there's plenty of nightmare fuel in the Pokedex entries alone.

Number one got me though. :p

Dunno why they have to go through all those mental gymnastics to prove some innocent things about the series are "disturbing," there's plenty of nightmare fuel in the Pokedex entries alone.

Number one got me though. :p

The rule is that the more needlessly complicated a theory is, the better.

Ultratech

Indeed. Indeed there is. The dex holds some frightening tales.

Lt. Surge seems to be the main piece of evidence for that theory, anyway. In my crazy interpretation of Pokemon history—the one inside my head where Pokemon were invented by overly-curious biologists and geneticists in Japan—everything went terribly wrong!

Lt. Surge seems to be the main piece of evidence for that theory, anyway. In my crazy interpretation of Pokemon history—the one inside my head where Pokemon were invented by overly-curious biologists and geneticists in Japan—everything went terribly wrong!

Mewtwo, the Porygon series and the Eevee family (among others) seem to support that theory rather well.

Yamask always disturbed me. This is creepy even for an adult. "These Pokémon arose from the spirits of people interred in graves in past ages. Each retains memories of its former life. Each of them carries a mask that used to be its face when it was human. Sometimes they look at it and cry."

You think that's creepy? Look at Hypno's PokéDex entries late at night while listening to this. Sweet dreams.

Top Bottom