• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Ar-see-us / Ar-say-us

I started doing it like that, since the Japanese name was similar (a-ru-se-u-su). Although I can't be sure, because of the possible link to 'archaic'.

I wish there was one, central place where name pronunciations were standardised...

OMG Aero

I know they are just little flash games meant for children but holy shit I wish the Dream World minigames were more like the ones on Pokemon.com. I thought I'd give a few of them a go while I was bored on the internet the other day and I can't stop playing the Deerling game, it's better than all the Dream World minigames and the music for it is fucking awesome.
Does anyone happen to have a female Dream World Gligar that they wouldn't mind parting ways with? I've been searching for the past few days on the DW myself but no dice. :( I have Japanese Pokeymans which may or may not tempt you!
If you don't need it right away, I can breed my Gliscor and will probably be online to trade it later tonight.

I know they are just little flash games meant for children but holy shit I wish the Dream World minigames were more like the ones on Pokemon.com. I thought I'd give a few of them a go while I was bored on the internet the other day and I can't stop playing the Deerling game, it's better than all the Dream World minigames and the music for it is fucking awesome.

I know what you mean. While I was on Pokémon.com to get my Dream World Eeveelution, I got hooked on the Munchlax and Disk Fighter games. Simple, but very entertaining.

upandaway

If you don't need it right away, I can breed my Gliscor and will probably be online to trade it later tonight.

Just give me Pokemon Puzzle League in Dream World and I would probably play that more than the real games.

Actually damn that's a pretty good idea.

Wiseblade

"There's no way this game is as good as he say-"

imkwAkK59jNOP.gif

Man, Dream World sucks.

Kokonoe

Banned
As much as I consider Black and White to be the only lack luster Pokemon versions, there are still Pokemon I think are great. So here's my top 10.

Top 10 Best Black/White Pokemon

10. Swadloon
KVAvR.png

9. Volcarona
H8Irr.png

8. Gigalith
qUSzz.png

7. Haxorus
yhmCk.png

6. Reshiram
7oReh.png

5. Zoroark
HDF7I.png

4. Serperior
GOQht.png

3. Zekrom (I still need to get one.)
nhysQ.png

Can't decide between these two.

2./1.
Lilligant
jE7Oh.png

Meloetta I prefer the normal form, but this is the only Ken Sugimori one I could find.
jsELw.png

Not to mention Electric Tale of Pikachu was created by none other then Toshihiro Ono, or better known as Kamirenjaku Sanpei!
I advise you not to look that up during school or work.

MikeMyers

As much as I consider Black and White to be the only lack luster Pokemon versions, there are still Pokemon I think are great. So here's my top 10.

I hate the designs in Black & White, which is why I haven't gotten to playing it yet.

Designs from the game I liked:
Serperior
Seismitoad
Krookkodile
Darmantian
Ferrothan
Chandelure
Golurk (only because he looks like a Megazord)

The legendaries are pretty cool too, but other than that....EH

I'm going to say Dark, because it only has 2 weaknesses and can take down 2 of the peskiest types in the game. Plus, it is immune to Psychic and 2 of the best special and physical attacks are Dark-type.

Plus it's my favourite type, so I'm biased :p

Wichu

I hate the designs in Black & White, which is why I haven't gotten to playing it yet.

:(

I'm a fan of gen 5. It has the highest number of Pokémon I actually like. The in-game animation is what makes some of them, though (e.g. Scraggy, Stunfisk).

EDIT: My current favourite type is Poison. So underrated; so many cool Pokémon like Nidoking, Drapion and Scolipede.

Wiseblade

So I've been wondering...what would be considered the 3 strongest types out of the 16-17 we have right now?

3 Best types? Fighting, Dragon and Steel. No contest.

Fighting - Super effective against five types (tied for most with ground), with popular defensive type Steel among the list. Great moves like Close Combat and Mach Punch make it even more effective.

Dragon - Only Resisted by Steel and packing superpowerful moves like Draco Meteor and Outrage. Godd defensively too, resisting fire, water, grass and electric. Only weak to Ice and other dragon attacks.

Steel - Best defensive type in the game. 11 resistances and one immunity. Unfortunately vulnerable to ever present Ground and Fighting type attacks. Sucks offensively too.

Bah, I guess we can add "public flogging of RéBURST" to the thread's cycle...

Can we just stop bringing up this abomination of badness so that everyone's suffering can end?

Top Bottom