• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Creative Design Director killed by a tree falling on his car.

Andrefpvs

Freak accidents are so incredibly unfair. It's a testament to the randomness of nature that a healthy person can just be taken from us by no fault of their own.

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

entremet

Freak accidents are so incredibly unfair. It's a testament to the randomness of nature that a healthy person can just be taken from us by no fault of their own.

My heartfelt condolences to his family.
Yeah. I can't imagine what his family is going through.

Richie

RIP....Man I don't wanna imagine how freaking traumatizing that's for the daughter....Aaah man, all the strength to his family...

My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Seriously. Just the other day there were brutal winds in my city, enough to knock down a store's huge ad just as a teacher was passing right underneath...The helplessness is maddening.

Hard

Banned
Now that's a freak accident if I ever saw one. At least his daughter is OK.

EDIT: Phil got banned? I don't think he was trying to be funny.

Oh no that's terrible. My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace, Eric.

EDIT: Oh God, his daughter was with him at the time in the back seat. Thankfully she was unharmed, but that's horrifying :(

Oh god my heart goes out to the family, especially the daughter the poor thing.

El Odio

Banned
Jesus, that's a completely terrible way to go. Good to hear that his daughter with him was unharmed but to be there when it happened... man, I can't imagine how she feels.

Syf

Banned
Terrible news.

Even God is gonna collect them all.
vwoInH8.gif

RIP. What an awful way to go. Do whatever you want in this life to make yourself happy as long as you hurt nobody else. No telling what tomorrow brings.

If anyone's curious by what exactly he did as Creative Design Director of TPCi:

Eric Medalle (c. 1974 — March 13, 2016[1]) was the Creative Design Director at The Pokémon Company International and an illustrator for the TFG of Pokémon. He has designed or co-designed almost every international TCG logo since Nintendo took control of card production. Medalle was also responsible for designing the logos for Pokémon Dream Radar and Pokémon the Series: XY.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Eric_Medalle

Griss

Hard to comprehend how capricious and cruel fate can be. That's from an outsider's perspective. How his family could possibly deal with this I cannot know.

Rest in peace.

RAWi

Oh no that's terrible. My thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace, Eric.

EDIT: Oh God, his daughter was with him at the time in the back seat. Thankfully she was unharmed, but that's horrifying :(

Oh no. That's way too horrible. She is the one that needs support the most, I hope she is attended as needed, because wow! I just can imagine how it could have felt. I just hope she wasn't in any situation in which she would blame herself for what happened.

RIP

J-Skee

A tree fell on my car before. Luckily, I wasn't in it when it happened. My condolences to the family. This is incredibly sad.

That's not a way I want to go. No, not gonna think about that.

My condolences to the family, the shock will last, but I hope the child will grow fine.

Top Bottom