• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way to find the best Pokémon to spend dust on? I don't want to spend dust on a low tier Pokémon even if it has great IVs.
Once you've figured your Pokemons IVs and movesets out:
https://thesilphroad.com/research
Go to "Species stats", sort by "best combined stats", choose Pokemon from the first 5 rows.(first 30 Pokemon)
Investing in the other ones doesn't really make sense when you want to use them for gym battles.

Omzz

so "sightings" has been working out quite well for me. Was able to catch:
Vulpix
Haunter
Squirtle
Nidorino
Gloom

What about you guys

jennetics

What exactly happens when you hit "I'm a passenger"? I'm wondering if it makes it any easier to play on the bus, or if it makes it harder to hatch eggs during trips to the local grocery.

My totally un-evidenced hypothesis is that the "I'm a passenger" button does nothing in terms of catch/scan rates. I'd say it's more for legal purposes, in case people driving get into wrecks while playing Pokemon Go. That way, if you clicked "I'm a passenger", Niantic would have proof that you said you wouldn't be driving while playing, thereby negating any sort of lawsuit against them.

Just my tinfoil hat, anyways.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Everything still seems to escape and break poke balls constantly.

Pachimari

I'm really starting to take advantage of that PokeStop in my bed. Racking in those items. Might even just throw a lure soon as well.

HardRojo

Caved and bought an item upgrade, there's a very exploitable park a few blocks from my place that has 3 Pokestops close together and couple more around the place, and it's always full of lures and people, in fact I'm going over there right now for some farming lol.

Firemind

On holiday and on my first day I already caught a Pinsir, saw a Magmar and caught my first male Nidoran. All these three Pokemon I have never seen before whereas I'm drowning in Electabuzzes, Scythers and female Nidorans. I swear some species are region specific; it's R/B all over again.

ChrisW

So I'm not sure what Niantic have done but my village usually only spawns like 3 rats and a pidgey, but tonight a wartortle showed up, so me and my step son jumped up and went running for it. Managed to find it, only 189 CP for me (level 19) and 18CP for him (Level20) I caught mine and his ran away XD

BUT! I let me evolve my 539 Squirtle into a beast 849cp wartortle :D, gunna be a long time till I get the 100 candies now though

Joni

Did some more testing on the 'Sightings' system this evening. It is a huge improvement in that I now have a Butterfree! Absolutely love that Pokémon, so I'm very happy despite it only being 210CP. At the same time, noticed some small glitches, like a Pokémon disappearing from the list but still showing up a second later. It was a Pidgeotto so it wasn't something that you'd expect another to show up. There might be a bit of a grace period in the Pokémon actually showing up.

Spacebar

Are they banning anyone permently? I've got some friends who have started to bot a bunch of accounts and its ruined the game for me. They're holding all the gyms around my area with 3k dragonites, etc. They seem to get around every soft ban and find new bots daily.

Oscar

gmlP1Ck.jpg

Rep yo set

I put my B-tier scrubs into gyms I conquer fully expecting to lose that gym shortly after. For a while I wouldn't even heal them when they came back to me but I started to feel bad so I heal them now. I've been holding this gym for like 30 min with a 650 CP Oddish

L Thammy

Finally got some new stuff out of eggs. Machop and Charmander. I also got a Shelder and Poliwag. Won't say no to more Poliwag candies since I don't have Poliwrath, but I have more than enough Shelders.

Koren

so "sightings" has been working out quite well for me.

What about you guys
Well, I'd say it was quite effective, since I managed to catch a Drowsee. And it's quite fun, if you have time. It definitively works, although I'd welcome a distance information, because it's a bit tedious (and strange for people around).

Since all other pokemons around were pidgets, ratata and the like, it wasn't that great yet, though.

I can confirm that radar is working well, too (although I can't switch between both, so it's really cumbersome)

Lijik

Vulpix
Haunter
Squirtle
Nidorino
Gloom

What about you guys

I feel like im seeing way less uncommon pokemon than I used to, and seeing less pokemon in general. Havent used the triangulate method i just learned about but going on a half hour walk and only seeing two rattatta in what used to be a fairly populated area left a bad taste.

Im going to be out and about all day Thursday so I'll keep trying, especially now that I know how tracking with it works.

WedgeX

Banned
Vulpix
Haunter
Squirtle
Nidorino
Gloom

What about you guys

Saw and caught:
Squirtle
Hundreds of eevees
Meowth
Weepingbells

Saw but missed due to disappearance or time constraints:
Seel
Lickintongue
Gastly

More diversity so far today

Edit:

What's everyone's walking totals with the app on?

rZgjTcg.jpg

jts

...hate me...
I know it's the not the game's fault, but I updated the app, opened and tried it, but later the icon went into the waiting/updating look again (by itself this time), but it doesn't update, it doesn't open, it doesn't delete, and not even restarting the phone several times has fixed the issue :|

iPhone 6s+

Behlel

GoIV (android app) is basically the same thing without the guesswork. Been working real well for me. It's an overlay that you can access from the app itself so you can check IV right after capture and just release immediately. Pretty awesome!

Right! i've been using this APP thanks to some GAF member reccomended some days ago and i find it pretty awesome.
Very user friendly and pretty accurate too.

wew finally updated the OP with the update info.

Should I make a new section on the new tracking stuff? Is there other things people want to see added?

zulux21

.82km left on my 10k egg. Anything I should know or do before I hatch it? Does the area I'm in when it hatches determine what pops out?

you get better results if you are walking upside down humming the theme to batman.

no... not really. everything is determined the second you pick up that egg and nothing you can do will change it.

the higher level you are when you got the egg the higher the stats of the egg... that is it.

dity

My totally un-evidenced hypothesis is that the "I'm a passenger" button does nothing in terms of catch/scan rates. I'd say it's more for legal purposes, in case people driving get into wrecks while playing Pokemon Go. That way, if you clicked "I'm a passenger", Niantic would have proof that you said you wouldn't be driving while playing, thereby negating any sort of lawsuit against them.

Just my tinfoil hat, anyways.

I think it might also negate the temp ban they give players moving at a higher speed, but I'm not sure.

CrazE

Banned
I only have my stock incubator left. I want to put a 10k egg in it I have. What's the deal with using your better eggs in the blue incubators instead of the stock one, and is there any links to where that's true?

Or does it not matter what incubator you use. Thanks guys/gals.

dity

I only have my stock incubator left. I want to put a 10k egg in it I have. What's the deal with using your better eggs in the blue incubators instead of the stock one, and is there any links to where that's true?

The logic of using 5/10 eggs in blue incubators comes from the fact that they're limited use. It doesn't make the hatch better or anything, it's just considered a better use of such a limited item.

zulux21

doesn't matter.

people put the better eggs in the blue ones because the blue ones get used up.

what makes more sense.
using your bluie incubator for 6km total distance (three 2km eggs) or using it for 20km distance (one 10km and two 5km eggs)

one of those clearly gives you a much better value for your consumable incubators.

aka only hatch 2km eggs in your infinity as it won't get used up from them.

You use y our unlimited incubator on the smaller ones, your 2k eggs, 5k eggs if you have to, and you use the blue ones on 10k and/or 5k eggs, depending on how much you walk. That way, you aren't breaking incubators, and can make the ones yo u have last longer without buying more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom