• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 2| Servers...gotta crash 'em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can suddenly not get the Pokestop I'm at to give items, there's nothing in the "sighted" thingie, and when I tap on gyms, it won't show me them. So weird.

Edit: And now it's working again, crisis averted. I do see this weird glitch, still, where all the gyms around me turned yellow.

Insaniac

200 + 200 + 100 + 100 + 200 (worse case) = 800m of walking

Not sure what the minimum distance you need to be to catch a pokemon, but in this case you mention, if you're walking 200m to the edge of the radius of the circle, you'd already be walking straight through where the pokemon (I think) so this is not the worst case, this might be close to a better case scenario.

Edit:

On another note, thought i'd maybe ask you guys, but there are a lot of Vaporeons around my area, and I evolved a Jolteon to combat them, but Vaporeon is just way better statwise than Jolteon. So what pokemon should I aim for to handle lots of water types? I see plenty of bellsprouts and an oddish here and there, so i'm trying to work my way towards a victreebel or Vileplume

Oxx

If nothing else, I appreciate that Sightings is a bit more forthcoming when there are absolutely zero Pokemon in the vicinity. A chance to save a bit of battery.

Syntsui

Not sure what the minimum distance you need to be to catch a pokemon, but in this case you mention, if you're walking 200m to the edge of the radius of the circle, you'd already be walking straight through where the pokemon (I think) so this is not the worst case, this might be close to a better case scenario.

Edit:

On another note, thought i'd maybe ask you guys, but there are a lot of Vaporeons around my area, and I evolved a Jolteon to combat them, but Vaporeon is just way better statwise than Jolteon. So what pokemon should I aim for to handle lots of water types? I see plenty of bellsprouts and an oddish here and there, so i'm trying to work my way towards a victreebel or Vileplume
These + Venusaur (if you chose it, as the catched ones are all trash) + Exeggutor.

Is anyone else running into the issue of not being able to transfer Pokemon? I can do everything else but transfer them. When I scroll up, it shows half of a white box and won't let me scroll further to see the "Transfer" button.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Well, at least it's something different. I'll test it out when it hits LA.

Dratini are basically nonexistant now for me. I should have farmed the nests while they were up!

Arrrammis

Is anyone else running into the issue of not being able to transfer Pokemon? I can do everything else but transfer them. When I scroll up, it shows half of a white box and won't let me scroll further to see the "Transfer" button.
They moved it a few patches ago. Tap the little circle in the bottom right corner of your screen when you're looking at a Pokemon, and you'll have the option to transfer or favorite that Pokemon.

PMS341

Touch the small icon in the bottom right corner when viewing a Pokemon. It should have both the Favorite and Transfer options.

CrazE

Banned
I'm in the test group.

Can confirm it will be awful for rural players.

What other thoughts do you have on it? So does this help track pokemon? Seems weird to me. They show you what pokemon is at a pokestop? And then the ones in the grass are in the wild and just a guessing game on where they're at?

RalchAC

I'm in the test group.

They should allow people to send tickets with new PokeStops / Gyms proposals. They could ban big cities from adding new stops or something. My situation isn't as bad as other people here, but living in the outskirts can be a bit crap at times too. Not as much, but a bit.

L Thammy

Don't forget, you're hime forever.

himes2hxuhv.jpg

What if Pokémon in the "Sightings" list only show up on the Nearby list after they're been encountered/caught by a trainer? That would make in-game sense how they'd go from only having vague directions to a more specific area.

WedgeX

Banned
The driver prompt is pretty quick on the trigger. Took one step today and up it came. Doesn't bother me at all but the trigger sure is interesting.

They should allow people to send tickets with new PokeStops / Gyms proposals. They could ban big cities from adding new stops or something. My situation isn't as bad as other people here, but living in the outskirts can be a bit crap at times too. Not as much, but a bit.

Why punish people who are living in appropriately dense communities? That's rude.

pringles

I'm in the test group.

My experience from being in 'rural' locations is that it's extremely easy to figure out where pokemon spawn anyway. Imo the problem with rural areas and PGO is lack of pokestops/gyms and lack of pokemon spawns to begin with, but finding them once they spawn really shouldn't be an issue. The less intersections, roundabouts, buildings, parks etc. there are, the less places there are for pokemon to spawn really.

WedgeX

Banned
My experience from being in 'rural' locations is that it's extremely easy to figure out where pokemon spawn anyway. Imo the problem with rural areas and PGO is lack of pokestops/gyms and lack of pokemon spawns to begin with, but finding them once they spawn really shouldn't be an issue. The less intersections, roundabouts, buildings, parks etc. there are, the less places there are for pokemon to spawn really.

I'm in a rural town currently and it's been easy peasy. Frequent spawns throughout the town and in the parks/around schools.

But it seems like out on the country roads it's significantly less.

AdanVC

Is it just me or the app drains battery awfully quicker than before the update?? I 100% charged the phone before going to work and just on the 15 min trajectory walking it is now on 84%. Normally it's at 90 or 91% after that time... Ugh.

Koren

Well, the worst case, following this directions, would be missing the pokemon at the cross by the smallest distance for it to appear.

If the radius is 100m, and you have to be at 10m, you can have to walk 687 meters. 670 meters for 20m, 694 meters for 5m.

Close enough to 700 to not matter (the last distance should be 100, not 200)

Should be a way for Pokemon go players to help their rural Bros and sisters out. Nation wide trading might help, or maybe players can pitch for new Pokestops if a high number of ppl ask for it.

Geneijin

Edit:

Thunder-type and Jolteon so bad in this game, you should focus on Grass-types like the aforementioned to combat the Vaporeon army.

Koren

There's a better solution, anyway, if the localisation and the 100m rules is decent:

- walk straight till it disappear, and mark the point
- turn 90° right, and walk till you're 100m away from the previous point, staying at the limit (walk to the right if it's not appearing, to the left if it's there) It'll be tricky at the beginning, especially if the previous walk was short, but will quickly be easier.

> he's on your right, on the third summit of an equilateral triangle.

That's ~450m at the worst case...

Kept track of what I caught on my walk today (probably 10km+ give or take), honestly more variety than it felt like but still a very boring list of pokemon, nothing new for the Pokedex

Pidgey x 12
Magikarp x 10
Spearow x 9
Rattata x 8
Psyduck x 5
Drowzee x 5
Weedle x 5
Staryu x 4
Poliwag x 3
Jynx x 2
Krabby x 2
Goldeen x 2
Caterpie x 2
Zubat x 2
Charmander x 1
Gastly x 1
Dratini x 1
Tentacool x 1
Slowpoke x 1
Eevee x 1
Seel x 1
Shellder x 1

Finally hatched a Chancey from a 10k egg...I'm very happy

I was very happy to get a chancey out of a 10k - unfortunately I haven't seen a 10k egg in what feels like a week

Is there any breakdown into what influences egg spawns? I am tempted to try hitting up a variety of different poke stops in quick succession when im near the end of my current egg

Aomber

So I read that there's a beta version of the tracking system in San Francisco only right now. But then I've heard some people say it's only flagged on certain accounts.

Wondering if in theory I go to SF this week I'll have access to this feature. Because I am going there this week.

I was very happy to get a chancey out of a 10k - unfortunately I haven't seen a 10k egg in what feels like a week

Is there any breakdown into what influences egg spawns? I am tempted to try hitting up a variety of different poke stops in quick succession when im near the end of my current egg

what I do is buy incubators and just hatch the 5k and use the unlimited for all the 2k. hatching the eggs open up more slots and you can possibly get more 10k eggs from random pokestops. I don't know if you can do more than that.

Kept track of what I caught on my walk today (probably 10km+ give or take), honestly more variety than it felt like but still a very boring list of pokemon, nothing new for the Pokedex

Pidgey x 12
Magikarp x 10
Spearow x 9
Rattata x 8
Psyduck x 5
Drowzee x 5
Weedle x 5
Staryu x 4
Poliwag x 3
Jynx x 2
Krabby x 2
Goldeen x 2
Caterpie x 2
Zubat x 2
Charmander x 1
Gastly x 1
Dratini x 1
Tentacool x 1
Slowpoke x 1
Eevee x 1
Seel x 1
Shellder x 1

Where was this? Aside from the Charmander (still never seen one) and a ton more Drowzees this is almost exactly the same kind of ratio I'm experiencing.

GulAtiCa

So I read that there's a beta version of the tracking system in San Francisco only right now. But then I've heard some people say it's only flagged on certain accounts.

Wondering if in theory I go to SF this week I'll have access to this feature. Because I am going there this week.

I would imagine it's really only active for people already active in SF. Would be my guess anyways. Be kinda neat if it just started working while you are in the city though.

AdanVC

There's a better solution, anyway, if the localisation and the 100m rules is decent:

- walk straight till it disappear, and mark the point
- turn 90° right, and walk till you're 100m away from the previous point, staying at the limit (walk to the right if it's not appearing, to the left if it's there) It'll be tricky at the beginning, especially if the previous walk was short, but will quickly be easier.

> he's on your right, on the third summit of an equilateral triangle.

That's ~450m at the worst case...

That's a great explanation but holy cow that's also a lot of walking. You also have to act quickly since the 'mon could despawn at any moment and all of that walking for nothing could get annoying pretty quickly. Especially when you are in a hurry going to school/work and you just want to catch that new Pokemon but you can't since you have to do all that "dancing". Why can't they just add a track like on the original trailer indicating how many meters left you are from the Pokémon so we can go just straight to that point and move on?

Aomber

I would imagine it's really only active for people already active in SF. Would be my guess anyways. Be kinda neat if it just started working while you are in the city though.

Yeah that's what I figured, I'll report back when I find out tomorrow haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom