• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Went for a trip downtown but wasn't too impressed. Got a ton of Exeggcutes and a bunch of Sunkerns, but I still need the item for those. A few Chikoritas here and there so I'm hoping to finish Meganium at least tomorrow. I have most of the others that appear, including an old Tangela.

Either way it's nice to have weekends like this to focus on a part of the dex. Can we have a flying festival to get tons of Aerodactyl spawns, plx?

Oxx

I can evolve 4 new mons tomorrow as part of a lucky egg session.

Plus 7 day streaks.

Slowly filling that dex.

Put 2 lures into my home today. Man 6hrs is a long time. Nothing special appeared but I got a lot of star dust from it. But I'm glad they're over now ;P

Oxx

I evolved myself a new Dragonite, my first Tyranitar, and my first Meganium.

It will be a long road to power them up, but I need to check their move-sets first.

Growlie19

Added Kingdra and Houndoom to my dex, finishing off the item-based evolutions. Over 2000 CP for each, but bad movesets for both (Doom got Snarl/Crunch and Dra got Water Gun/Blizzard). Decided to walk with Chansey for the time being.

Of course the University is full of grass Pokemon. Of course. Goddammit I knew I should have come here over the weekend. Maybe I have some time left after work to catch some.

Also gonna hatch a 10km today. Already preparing for massive disappointment.

Holy shit. My 10km egg was actually a Larvitar. Finally could boost up my Tyranitar a little. Got enough Pokemon that I could level up right now. Just gotta grind that Star dust now :)

CassSept

So, despite my whining I managed to hit a Chikorita goldmine and managed to catch enough to get a Meganium. Nice.

I'm only missing 11 Pokemon now, which are:

Foretress
Croconaw, Feraligatr
Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
Tyrogue
Hitmontop
Miltank
Unown
Porygon2

So in other words, after I finish walking Pineco I'm totally boned. I will get Feraligatr once a decent Toto nest spawns in my city but beyond that it's an absolute crapshoot.

Didn't play as much this weekend as I would have liked, but that's fine since I don't need anything out of grass types anyway.

The highlight: I HATCHED A PORYGON!!! I literally said "great, more junk" out loud as the 5k egg showed on screen. Came with 19 candies and put me over 50 for his evolution.

I also got myself on some decent valor gyms, an increasingly aggravating process. Niantic, please fix this stupid fucking dodge glitch. It's been going on for months, there's no way you guys are oblivious to it. I waste a considerable amount of potions and revives because my prestigers get stuck in death loops constantly. I'm forced to use bulkier prestigers that can hypothetically eat a charge move (and get the health credited back) just to stay in the fight, for less overall prestige and therefore waste time.

border

It honestly feels like the dodging glitch has gotten worse over the last month or so.

It used to be that the game would refund your HP pretty reliably when it miscalled a dodge. Now it feels like I don't even get my energy refunded a good portion of the time.....even when I get the "Dodged!" message.

gutshot

Didn't play as much this weekend as I would have liked, but that's fine since I don't need anything out of grass types anyway.

The highlight: I HATCHED A PORYGON!!! I literally said "great, more junk" out loud as the 5k egg showed on screen. Came with 19 candies and put me over 50 for his evolution.

I also got myself on some decent valor gyms, an increasingly aggravating process. Niantic, please fix this stupid fucking dodge glitch. It's been going on for months, there's no way you guys are oblivious to it. I waste a considerable amount of potions and revives because my prestigers get stuck in death loops constantly. I'm forced to use bulkier prestigers that can hypothetically eat a charge move (and get the health credited back) just to stay in the fight, for less overall prestige and therefore waste time.

They are aware of it. Sounds like it's something that will be fixed in the gym rework. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/..._question_to_our_new_niantic_support/dh6dnub/

deanote666

Gold Member
They are aware of it. Sounds like it's something that will be fixed in the gym rework. https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/..._question_to_our_new_niantic_support/dh6dnub/

The question is whether the efficiency improvement will keep my phone from being a hand warmer during gym battles...

They need to fix where the special attack message pops up several seconds AFTER the special attack happens...

Just evolved Phanpy to get my 212'th pokemon and got the worst possible move set...

Pretty lame event. I know I wasn't outside enough to take advantage of it, but it could have went on during the entire Monday. I still don't have any of Johto's Stage 3 Grass Evolutions, and I could have probably had them with a bit more time.

I'm not far, though. I need 10 Candy for Jumpluff, 60 Candy for Meganium, and 31 Candy for Bellossom.

You know what was cool, though? I hatched an Aerodactyl out of a 10K egg! Holy crap. I found my first one in the wild in January, which was 6 months after Pokemon GO came out. It had pitiful CP and IVs, but I was glad to have it.

Now I have one that is 68.9% (crappy CP for a hatch!), and it has Bite and Hyper Beam.

Only notable thing that really happened was getting a Metal Coat from a Day 1 Streak over the weekend. Evolved Onix and added Steelix to my Pokedex. It knows Dragon Tail and Crunch, LOL.

border

The either need to hit Snorlax/Blissey with a big nerf, or do another weekend like this that features nothing but Fighting Pokemon.

Finished off gen 2 pokemon aside from regionals, now it's account trading to people that can get me the regionals and waiting for gen 3 as the Valor team steamrolled the mystic players in town and won't let us get a single gym anymore, thus making the game a pointless time sink.

God I hate people some days.

Ummm, did someone forget to turn off the grass event over here? I'm still seeing millions of Sunkern and Exeggcute. Seriously, I want to catch other stuff now!

Someone finally knocked down the 2 gyms next to my house so I can power up my Dragonites.

Need another 30k or so stardust to max them out though.

Once I max out those I have Alakazam with Psycho Cut/Future Sight and Donphan with Counter/Play Rough both 82+% lined up as the next two to power up.

GulAtiCa

Fuck, 98% Dratini spawned like a 10 min drive away.

I'd go get it if it wasn't so low CP.

How do you even know what Ivs & CP are? I thought they changed it recently so high end players get different stats for Pokemon then low end players. So unless you used your own account to scan, would be totally different. Unless I'm wrong?

Though, I'd totally kill for a 98% Dratini, even a 10cp one.

Hycran

Banned
How do you even know what Ivs & CP are? I thought they changed it recently so high end players get different stats for Pokemon then low end players. So unless you used your own account to scan, would be totally different. Unless I'm wrong?

Though, I'd totally kill for a 98% Dratini, even a 10cp one.

The tracker in Vancouver informs you of the CP if you're over level 30。never seen a cp tracker

Edit: wow nvm they just updated so it tracks over level 30 cp as well. Fancy.

Growlie19

I'm thankful for the extension to the event, it's been nothing but rain here in New York this weekend, only just clearing by Sunday, when I had work. I finally gained my Meganium (1385CP with Razor Leaf/Solar Beam), and hatched some 5K's; they became Cubone, Lickitung, Smoochum, Vulpix, and Stantler. I'm also really close to my second Venusaur, and I'm hoping for not-Sludge Bomb.

HiResDes

Honestly all the Johto grass pokemon are pretty garbage, don't even get the excitement. Exeggutor is really the only great grass pokemon in the game, Venusaur is decent.

Awayze

Neo Member
Caught a Tangela and a Larvitar at home during the event, saw a Meganium too but around university there's been no increase in grass mons whatsoever.

HiResDes

evolve sixth dragonair, get steel wing / hyper beam

evolve sixth magikarp, get dragon tail / outrage

kill me
DT/Outrage best defensive set bruh what are crying about. Try evolving four Machamp and Five Rhydon and never getting either the best offensive or defensive moveset.

Firemind

DT/Outrage best defensive set bruh what are crying about. Try evolving four Machamp and Five Rhydon and never getting either the best offensive or defensive moveset.
I thought DT/C or DT/HP is the best defense moveset

Anyway dragonite is my bane. I didn't like dragonite anyway ;-;

Oxx

My second Dragonite has Dragon Tail/Hurricane. Better than my first, which has Steel Wing/Dragon Claw.

My 91% hatched Meganium has terrible moved compared to the 66% one I caught in the wild.

My identical 95% Scizors both have good attacking moves.

The real tragedy is evolving my Tyranitar and getting Iron Tail/Fire Blast.

Think I'm giving up on batch hatching.
It's too disappointing hatching 6-7 Mantine/Pineco/Gligars out of 9 eggs.
I'd rather be disappointed one egg at a time.

Top Bottom