• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

gutshot

I never have to catch another Murkrow again!

pkKVovCI7DRziJMODuqu7kYuAisdf86y8J2TgtVVBAxNH9OcGpWC3BcStE4aAD7xbrZXlWKaniHc8ze3Ftpc3fPEcZxFqn7BTQYstDSRY_Mf7foTlP2cmkfO7nmW4WJYOInT7_ImPfQXsp_o7uStdlV29Vb0Oe6etm8tT7c9GBathHOLnMQkM4kP8sJEzTPZZx2wh3_mkBGgi7XExK_XRWGdb3CVyeN7NyCYKU47Oy76PLuzuk_VP2OWZvOL1weM9kPCyrzQ1qRRKIsnu7Dmnlh44ZLwaGblqsAXJUyZREKFxRYiyAvzUPmE2OGv0DaMcIL5I5KRh8a_1JuRCpnMW3p3W4GUHKmoB2htsypbkMXevrUKK6seqpT6vG3UDnaZGxhAJeT0211P5G4jzYTQzkZqQlR0j0hEwU-NqQArLb_9HY2rPteCv5cSzqJ-8vB4Ny-VnehZr_lTTvs-FlI1XEHa-1N31U1JcfkLuEgZIU6HqLpFiQVxLSWhA7a9emUjDjbO019ePWKo28IleSeGaSFmB2MUtLsgnJkOIlFj4HpYSoATRQ1_YWA8Ha2L4g6LuBITMgI-7YHVYddSwCg9t0gFmv7XqmIk_iM2kprGlM0Y62xpZbVduhbSFDn0GeGvMv39i32jQS97mlAT3tBLcy9DFWyRikPMP4hqXGTNcQ=w1116-h1980-no

8bit

Knows the Score
Where are Mareeps usually located? I only ever found one visiting Budapest and it's going to take forever to get 125 candies as they are 5k each.

Firemind

Where are Mareeps usually located? I only ever found one visiting Budapest and it's going to take forever to get 125 candies as they are 5k each.
Me too and I caught it with the Plus lol

Never hatched a Mareep

I'm hatching 9 10k eggs currently so here's hoping.

from my experience they are the same biome as larvitar, and just as rare >< I play a lot of pokemon go, I have caught *opens game* 6. but I also have an ampharos I caught while fighting a gym so I'm not itching to find more to evolve.

I've caught 70 larvitar but those I actively look for. Mareep I just hope to come across.

-MB-

Kinda ironic how this event is about getting higher exp for making accurate throws, but then Niantic seems to actively punish u by having pokemon escape 10x as much when u throw greats or excellents. Also notice lower cp pokemon now jump out much faster.

Oxx

I only just realised that I can set the Plus to only buzz for pokestops.

Using the Plus to always record distance and hit stops, watching out for Cyndaquil on my phone. Best combination.

Ninetales can have solar beam? Lol

Anyways, had a fantastic day yesterday. Gonna keep playing this event over the weekend. The event is really great. Already excited what we get in 2 weeks

Firemind

still up hope they go down at like 6 am pst so on my walk home i can take all the gyms
They're going to get disabled for a while. Probably for testing purposes.

Also my eggs were Chansey, Miltank, 2x Dratini, 3x Pineco, Gligar and Mantine. Still no Mareep lol. Would have liked Larvitar too. They remain elusive.

Oxx

Much like with the last decent themed-event, I ran out of Pinap Berries on the first day.

Getting a paltry 3 candy for Cyndaquils. Bah.

Growlie19

Yeah, this event has taken a pretty good toll on my ball count. Thankfully, between bussing to work and having today off, it's been holding steady. Pinaps, on the other hand, go faster than I can regain them. And I only use them on the starters, Growlithe, and Houndour (Lapras too, assuming I ever find one).

Hatched six 5Ks and a 2K with a Lucky egg; a quick and easy 31000 XP! Nothing good popped out of them. Used the remaining time to catch stuff and hit up stops.

So far, the rarest thing I've found was a Charmeleon, who ran after one UltRazz. Standard stuff, otherwise.

GulAtiCa

Niantic Support website has this message "Heads Up: Gyms will soon be closing temporarily for remodeling. Any Pokémon you've assigned to Gyms will be returned to you at that time."

So I kinda assume soon. With that, really good idea to stop doing gym battles (unless it's really simple/easy for that last few coins). Best to prob save your stardust too.

Wasn't it confirmed a week ago that the update would drop shortly after the event and and gyms would go down on the 19th? Are people expecting it to happen earlier now or what?

Niantic Support website has this message "Heads Up: Gyms will soon be closing temporarily for remodeling. Any Pokémon you've assigned to Gyms will be returned to you at that time."

So I kinda assume soon. With that, really good idea to stop doing gym battles (unless it's really simple/easy for that last few coins). Best to prob save your stardust too.

gotta be fucking kidding me. i went 2 weeks without a gym because every one around me was 50k and today I managed to get 3 gyms today

-___-

wait was the update a 99 second timer on gyms?

smfh

who thought this was a good idea? and how is this supposed to encourage people to fight gyms?

so mad right now. I stop at a lvl1 gym and fought an OP HP blissey and right when i'm about to kill it at 4seconds left it times out. This happens twice but while I'm in an empty lot, someone is hacking it and putting more mons in it.

rage quitting this game

Hycran

Banned
wait was the update a 99 second timer on gyms?

smfh

who thought this was a good idea? and how is this supposed to encourage people to fight gyms?

so mad right now. I stop at a lvl1 gym and fought an OP HP blissey and right when i'm about to kill it at 4seconds left it times out. This happens twice but while I'm in an empty lot, someone is hacking it and putting more mons in it.

rage quitting this game

The 99 second timer has always been around. It's more like a 96 second timer as even if you kill a guy with seconds to spare I've still been timed out before.

The 99 second timer has always been around. It's more like a 96 second timer as even if you kill a guy with seconds to spare I've still been timed out before.

yeah just found out researching it. can't believe i haven't really noticed it before. I hope they rebalance with this gym update

Oxx

I haven't done any gym stuff in weeks. My new home isn't conducive to battling.

Then again, there was a gym over the road from my old place that I never messed with.

border

My main hopes for the Gym Rework:

• Only 1 of each named Pokemon per tower. Only 1 Blissey allowed, only 1 Snorlax allowed. No more towers with 6 Snorlaxes please.

• Towers should require a variety of Pokemon types. Getting to Level 10 should require someone to contribute a good Ghost, Psychic, Dark types. Or at the very least, give higher CP ratings to at least the top contender in the major type categories.

• No more Bubblestrat. Beating up on a 100CP Pokemon endlessly should not be the way to prestige a tower. The amount of XP you receive for prestiging should be proportional to the CP of the Pokemon you are beating.

• Prestige decay. Towers should lose prestige over time, and players should have to maintain their towers to keep them. You can't just find some tower way out in the boonies and stay on it forever because it's in a remote area.

Jacknapes

Popped into Cardiff for a wander around to see what i could get. Managed to catch

Lapras
Magby
Mareep
Miltank
Doduo
Tyrogue

Also numerous Charmanders and Cyndaquil

Evolved

Houndoom
Arcanine
Rapidash
Steelix

Wonder what updates they'll bring to the gyms to improve them.

Oxx

It looks pretty ridiculous when you find a Lapras spawning in your house.

Over 200 Cyndaquil candy now, but my best is still only 77%.

My main hopes for the Gym Rework:

• Only 1 of each named Pokemon per tower. Only 1 Blissey allowed, only 1 Snorlax allowed. No more towers with 6 Snorlaxes please.

• Towers should require a variety of Pokemon types. Getting to Level 10 should require someone to contribute a good Ghost, Psychic, Dark types. Or at the very least, give higher CP ratings to at least the top contender in the major type categories.

• Prestige decay. Towers should lose prestige over time, and players should have to maintain their towers to keep them. You can't just find some tower way out in the boonies and stay on it forever because it's in a remote area.

Pretty sure versions of these are already all but confirmed. But you leave my bubble strat alone dammit, building up gyms the normal way really really sucks.

border

Pretty sure versions of these are already all but confirmed. But you leave my bubble strat alone dammit, building up gyms the normal way really really sucks.

I've witnessed coordinated teams build a Tower 0-10 in a matter of 10-15 minutes. There's no satisfaction in knocking towers down if it's trivial for an opposing team to build up again.

The problem is that it basically costs them nothing in terms of Potions/Revives to do it, and virtually nothing in terms of time investment. It's way more expensive to tear down than it is to build. If you want to build a tower by pitting a 1000CP Vaopreon against a 2000CP Flareon you can get the same results while still having to invest a fair amount of resources.

what I am hoping is a rule like "first in the gym, last to leave the gym"...no more team shaving, I can also leave the pokemon I actually like instead of a bunch of 3k dragonites and tyranitar just to keep me in a gym

Top Bottom