• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
same i get a lot of skarmory, miltank, mareep and sudowoodo and even though i am in a desert/mountain biome ive only seen like 3-4 larvitar in the wild

was amazing in London today. cruising around legendary raid stops and meeting randoms at each stop! everyone seemed to be in the mood to collect the birds before they got away

also made sure i got one each just in time :D

I like having a month for each Legendary dog. Gives me a chance to stock up on raid rewards and build my Coin stash. I've been F2P ever since last October.

I'm at 28 Golden Razz Berries, so I really just hope to catch one of each. I hope for a good rating and moveset, so that I can conserve TMs.

Fresh birds are still coming up!? What the hell. They're only like 3 hours of raid time left on the west coast.

They did specifically say today right?

Fresh birds are still coming up!? What the hell. They're only like 3 hours of raid time left on the west coast.

They did specifically say today right?
Switch should be any time now (within the hour unless Niantic drags their feet), but they'll keep spawning until the moment it happens. Probably within the next 25 minutes at most. I have an hour until class, so I hope I can snag one first.

Edit: Spawning now!

So I have a Larvitar that is 98% IV and a Dragonite that is 98% IV...do a lot of people really try to find 100% IV Pokemon or is this probably the best I can do?

robox

finally got a good lugia at 96%. had gone 0 for last 10. and had to go to 4 locations to get a group going as hype is low for the birds.

then raikou hit and it was hysteria. like 50 people were already there. enough that we could separate into raiding groups by team. caught 1st one. 2nd ran away

border

I really don't know why Skarmony are still in 10k egg, they spawn constantly around me lol
IIRC, you are from Atlanta. Are there any Pokémon Go activities or groups for DragonCon? I'm in town now and not seeing much in the official con program, but all the Pokestops around the hotels are lit up constantly....so I know there's a ton of players here.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
1/2 on Raikou today. First one ate 11 of my Golden Razz Berrys and ran away. It was super high IV. Buddy caught it on a critical catch and it's up there (1905 CP)

Second one I caught on like ball 8 of 12 with a regular Razz. Not nearly as good, but hey, the Pokedex is complete again (excepting regional exclusive raids...)

T.O.P

Banned
In this gorgeous weather i caught my first Entei

https://vid.me/nEIIr

21150294_10213823232398945_432618622476527031_n.jpg

zulux21

deals more damage but looks like a digimon

well I mean plenty of digimon have better designs than some pokemon.

I mean lucario isn't really that different from Renamon.

and as far as I know there isn't a digimon that is literally trash lol.

and I say all of this as someone who thinks the only good thing to come out of digimon is the english theme song :p

I saw a theory on Silphroad that the birds are around for an extra day to compensate for the server issues yesterday. It would make sense if so.

On a random unrelated note: anyone use Calcy IV? Anyone know how you're supposed to use it to analyze raid bosses during the catch phase? I finally figured out how to use it to examine gyms but no dice with the catch screen.

-MB-

3 out of 3 attempts at Entei, it rrally does have the same throw strategy as a Tyranitar, that I have an almost perfect catch rate for. Much better than the birds for me then if this holds for all the dogs.

GulAtiCa

Did a Raikou this morning. I happen to stumble upon one with 15 minutes left so I drove by and saw a few cars parked. I looked on the game and said 5 people in it before I joined! This new showing how many people are in lobby counter is very useful. Caught it too, and wouldn't you know it? It's a 95%! Woo. Totally going to level this one up. Even if I catch a 98 or a 100, I'm leveling this one up.

Qwark

well I mean plenty of digimon have better designs than some pokemon.

I mean lucario isn't really that different from Renamon.

and as far as I know there isn't a digimon that is literally trash lol.

and I say all of this as someone who thinks the only good thing to come out of digimon is the english theme song :p

Lol, there's one that's literally called Garbagemon.

I love Digimon.

First Raiku popped up in town, everyone messages me to ask if I'm coming. 'NO'. Now I have a dozen people freaking out about not wanting to leave work for it when I have a month to catch one and am burned out on raids.

Some people take this game way to seriously.

ZeroCDR

0-2 with Raikou

Same, first go I was more about feeling out his patterns and distance so I flubbed a bunch of balls, wasn't too upset. Second time I nailed him every time with a GoldRazz/Great with 11 balls, no good.

I feel like I have to get him out of the way now before raids die down again in my area, like super dead for the past two weeks until now.

Qwark

0-2 so far on Raikou.

Is it a common thing to call spoofers "Sky", or is that only in my area's raid groups? Seems kinda stupid to me, but I don't know the meaning behind it either.

HardRojo

0-2 so far on Raikou.

Is it a common thing to call spoofers "Sky", or is that only in my area's raid groups? Seems kinda stupid to me, but I don't know the meaning behind it either.

People over here (Peru) call them "Fly" and "Flies", makes sense, but I don't know where the term first popped up.

Firemind

0-2 so far on Raikou.

People okay with spoofing refer to them as the "fly brigade", similar to how racists call themselves alt right. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1/2 on Raikou. Did one early this morning that got away, but then I did another one an hour ago that I caught. Low stats though, sadly, but hey, I caught it! (got it for my girlfriend too, also low stats)

And I'm now ~400,000 XP away from level 35. My goal is to hit that before Gen 3 starts, which should be totally doable. I hit level 30 literally right when Gen 2 went live (like, within minutes, and I think it was a stop that did it, not a Gen 2 Pokémon), so it would be neat to repeat that, but I suspect I might hit 35 before the drop.

At this rate I'll probably hit 40 when gen 7 or 8 launch, lol.

Top Bottom