• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

StayDead

it depends,there are 3 kinds of freezing glitches..one where the pokèball glitches after the "you got the pokèmon" stars,one where it just never starts wiggling after closing and just stands there,and another one where you don't even get the closeup..the ball just falls on the ground and you stay on ar mode with a little pokèmon on the ground that follows you

only wit the first glitch you get the pokèmon

I've had it before it starts wiggling 3 times today and I still got the pokemon.

I just left it a minute before restarting.

Rixa

Civ V has new leader "The Mighty Venorat"
IMG_2016-07-16-19572476.png
Not sure if I caught it or not, cause game froze :p.
And yeah 3 steps bug is till there.

Man in New Zealand quits his job to play Pokemon Go full-time

Tom Currie worked as a barista and bartender at a seaside restaurant on the Hibiscus Coast near Auckland, but has decided to jack that in to find digital creatures on his phone instead.

He says he's relying on friends and family to help out but admits his parents are "a little bit baffled".

"When I resigned, I didn't tell my manager I was going out into the world to hunt Pokemon," he told Newsbeat.

"But after my story got picked up I gave him a courtesy call to update him just in case the media contacted him.

jesus christ

Does he have more Pokemon than anyone else right now? 90 seems like the highest number I've seen.

J Range

My friend told me hes looking to catch the water type starter from gen 2 lol. He thinks its in the game.

Also wuestion, i noticed in poledex i only count 141 or 142 spots? Wasnt there 151 original pokeman?

Frimaire

Wow, I assumed this game would kinda suck for me 'cause my town is somewhat small (like 6k population).
Nope, like 4 gyms and 20 pokestops within easy walking distance.

Pachimari

I've hit 98. There's people on reddit in the 120s. I don't think you can get more than 142, because of the five legendaries, Ditto, and the continent exclusives.

What about Ditto? Is it just as hard to get as any of the legendaries? They probably aren't available. I wonder how they are gonna distribute those.

J Range

I've hit 98. There's people on reddit in the 120s. I don't think you can get more than 142, because of the five legendaries, Ditto, and the continent exclusives.

Im new to this, so you cant catch legendaries? The 3 birds and mew+meatwo? Who are the continent exclusives?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
What about Ditto? Is it just as hard to get as any of the legendaries? They probably aren't available. I wonder how they are gonna distribute those.

Nobody has found Ditto yet, or any of the legendaries. Farfetch'd is only available in a tiny part of Korea; and Tauros, Mr. Mime and Kangaskhan seem to be exclusive to North America, Europe and Australia/NZ respectively.

Chille

Nobody has found Ditto yet, or any of the legendaries. Farfetch'd is only available in a tiny part of Korea; and Tauros, Mr. Mime and Kangaskhan seem to be exclusive to North America, Europe and Australia/NZ respectively.

I caught Mr Mime in York yesterday, UK

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Managed to log in after half the day but one of my eggs is 5/5km but isn't doing anything. Is there a way to give it a nudge?

I've had it before it starts wiggling 3 times today and I still got the pokemon.

I just left it a minute before restarting.

Whether or not you get the Pokemon depends on if the Pokeball would have been successful anyway. Sometimes you'll get it; sometimes you won't. I usually wait a few seconds after it crashes, just in case.

I'm using a PTC account and never had any problems unless the game servers are down.
Are you signed in now? It seems like PTC people are the only ones locked out. Just like we were locked out when the update first came for the iOS. Goggle people seem to have a much easier time signing in.

thatJohann

So is it just PTC people who can't sign in again? What a mistake I made going with that instead of Google.

Yup. Same mistake here. When I sign in with Google I can login with no issues but when I try logging in with PTC account is when I'm unable to.

Sucks because I had some progress done in PTC and cannot transfer my PTC username. They should let us transfer XP and username from PTC to google as a workaround.

That's just wild Pokemon, right? You can still hatch those Pokemon from eggs, I'm guessing?

really want to join in on this hypetrain but I have no smartphone and no credit lol, what would be the easiest way of getting everything i need to play? thinking of getting a used iphone 5 from gamestop or somewhere then going with verizons 45 a month prepaid plan

but is 3gb of data a month even enough to play daily?

Ydelnae

Guys, help me because I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. Do Pokémon only appear at Pokestops? Is there any sign that a Pokémon is near you other than that 3-2-1 step thingy? I haven't encountered more than a Zubat since I started playing yesterday.

Are you signed in now? It seems like PTC people are the only ones locked out. Just like we were locked out when the update first came for the iOS. Goggle people seem to have a much easier time signing in.
I am. PTC account. I've been able to login twice since about 20 minutes. Takes a bit longer than usual and may have to click away some "unable to login" prompts, but I'm getting in.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
That's just wild Pokemon, right? You can still hatch those Pokemon from eggs, I'm guessing?

A few people reported finding them in eggs in 0.29.0, but none since, so that was probably a (fixed) bug, unfortunately.

Joqu

I'm unable to sign in with my pokemon account and my sister has still been unable to make one, so yeah, no dice here

Top Bottom