• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT| As in "Go Outside"

I have a question about transferring Pokemon to the professor.

I've amassed a small army of Doduo and Rattata. Any reason I shouldn't send all but one of each to the professor for candies? And should I keep the higher level or lower level ones? Naturally my instinct tells me to keep the stronger ones but I also heard it's far better to keep and train weaker Pokemon via the gyms. Any input?

Give them to the professor and keep the one with the higher CP.

webrunner

me and my wife both are incubating 5km eggs
mine i got in the morning before going to work on the train. By the time I got back home i was at .4km, and she got hers after work.
Since then we were together the whole time while on a drive, she got 1.1km and i'm still at .9km

PseudoViper

I can't even login! I was getting authentication errors at first, now i'm just sitting at the loading screen indefinitely.

Aside from creating my character and picking my starter, I haven't been able to play since. This is super depressing.

eaise

Neo Member
Because I am a noob to the game I have a question (2?) that might be dumb

Does the white pokeball that spins at the top left mean loading?
And if so does that stop Pokemon from appearing?

I saw (and caught) several Pokemon before the sever issue. I am able to get back into the game now but haven't seen anymore wild Pokemon to catch and the white pokeball is constantly in the top corner. The game shows me walking around, but I can't find any Pokemon at all

Red

All i catch are Weedles. All my eggs are Weedles.

I saw (and caught) several Pokemon before the sever issue. I am able to get back into the game now but haven't seen anymore wild Pokemon to catch and the white pokeball is constantly in the top corner. The game shows me walking around, but I can't find any Pokemon at all
You're unable to load data from the server. It's a common problem.

Mariolee

JackDT

They didn't implement the Ingress feature that prevents playing while driving? WHAT?

You can totally get pokeshops and captures on a highway at 60MPH. WTF Niantic?

People are going to die.

Saganator

I can't even login! I was getting authentication errors at first, now i'm just sitting at the loading screen indefinitely.

Aside from creating my character and picking my starter, I haven't been able to play since. This is super depressing.

I know. I was about to leave for my lunch break to walk around but I couldn't get it, now I'm delaying my lunch hoping it comes back

Yes, and I don't think so. It might be due to server issues. Try exiting and re-entering the game, or walking around some more.

blamite

Hmm, now I don't even get the spinning pokeball when I try to log in with TPC, I just instantly get booted back to the choice of Google or TPC.

MrDenny

I've only seen red and blue gyms. I wanted to pick yellow but don't know if I should. Has anyone see yellow gyms around your area?

(from Reddit):

rggJWV2.jpg

Kinsei

Banned

The white pokeball is a loading icon. If it's constantly there then you know that there's server issues. When there's server issues then no Pokemon show up.

(from Reddit):

rggJWV2.jpg

Good shit.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Again guys, I wouldn't use any incense at all for the time being. I know it's hard to resist. But since it's a real-time item, nothing is guaranteed to come of it.
Google Glass? Talk about wishful thinking.
This game is, thus far, the most compelling excuse I've encountered to wear a device like google class.

In the future, when batteries and portable screen components and so on are cheaper and easier to manufacture it's not that hard to imagine people playing stuff like this, most of which does not exist yet, without the need for a phone.

CEJames

Yes, the white pokeball means that it is constantly loading and therefore, pokestops/pokemon won't load. The server issues are terrible during the day.

Asgaro

I feel like it could cause some problems meeting people to PVP.

Yeah that's true.
I remember a child attacking his friend with a knife due to a discussion over the Pokémon cards...

But in the end, I think it's gonna be an inevitable game mode. Can't see there not being huge demand for this once people have a bunch of well powered pokemon.

Maybe they can make it so PvP doesn't have to happen in real-life close to each other. It would be in contrast to what they are doing right now, but it would be safer.

CEJames

I've only seen red and blue gyms. I wanted to pick yellow but don't know if I should. Has anyone see yellow gyms around your area?

Around my area in Atlanta, GA have some yellow gyms. Still, idk why a lot of people don't like zapdos.

Vitor711

Yeah, servers still down in NYC. I had a great 20 minute stretch from 11:30 to 11:50 where I caught like 5 new Pokemon. Game stopped working shortly after.

Mid-day is peak season clearly and the game just can't cope with it here. Also gets borked in main locations like Bryant Park - GPS works ok most of the time in other places but not there. Game has no idea what direction I'm walking in or what side of the road I'm on.

batbeg

Moltres is ugly. I actually really like zapdos but my friend and I had to go music blue since Articuno is the coolest.

Biske

I think this game is actually pretty boring, but the social aspect is incredible. Hearing every coworker talk about it regardless of their interests in that true "this is a phenomenon" way, is something else. But then the servers dont work so...

I feel like the entire world has joined together to unintentionally DDoS online Pokémon servers. This is what happens when a 20 year old dream from our childhood is finally realized.

Elfstruck

There are 2 yellow gyms right next to my house. Tried to take it down earlier but the gym owner's pokemon bugged at 1hp....

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I was checking out Ingress for possible locations in my town and apparently the big cemetary has a ton of Ingress portals, meaning there's either Pokestops or gyms out there.

And I'm just like...
ggr3uvabmq7x.png

And for the record, yes, the Pokestops and Gyms are the same as those in Ingress (https://www.ingress.com/intel). Gyms are typically the more popular spots. So you can go to that link and if you have an Ingress account (free to make), you can check around you.

lol

notice the Gym close to work went white, walked over there to be met by three guys trying to take it but the server died so we had a knife fight instead.

Team Mystic FTW

WPS

Game Over

wc8NNTv.jpg

This is happening to the same generation of people who's headmasters / principals banned pokémon while they were at school.

No doubt when we are old the young will try to demand the elderly cannot be trusted with the real life pokémon I'm sure we'll have created by then.

Ainaurdur

I was going for a walk in the extended neighborhood, had planned on going further from my house when the servers went down, I instantly turned around for home. I am that lazy, get more exercise for the heck of it? Hell no.

I even lament the distance of the return trip being wasted, my poor unhatched eggs!

Top Bottom