• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Press Conference - September 10th - 06:00 UTC Today - "new business strategy"

wmlk

It's not the end of the world guys. With new 20th anniversary merchandise just being shown off, I wouldn't be surprised if this is some announcement related to that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
psst

shiny variation of the amiibo featuring pokemon in a different pose so that it isn't a recolor job

Discard some of the alternate forms, they're not going to make 28 different unown amiibo or all the arceus palette swaps

of course they will

they can already smell the limited edition !? unown and Fairy Arceus

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
"We've partnered with Level 5 to develop the next entry of the mainline Pokemon Series..."

Not gonna lie, I'd love this. Level 5 absolutely GET how to create an amazing and enticing scenario mode.

Nanashrew

Banned
Maybe they'll try to buy the company back and be fully independent, pokemon releases across all platform holders maybe?
New buyer perhaps as well.

There's no other places to go to on handheld. Mobile would be the only place and if it's F2P like crazy and pay to win, that's going to kill the competitive scene. There's also an issue of cross compatability and local wireless trading and battling if it goes multiplatform.

Growlie19

I'd be happy with Conquest 2. The first one was good, but the next one needs a greatly expanded roster. Poor Growlithe (and likely Arcanine) were cut from the first.

Of course, for all I know, it could be a new Poké Park with amiibo functionality...

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Would not be surprised to see Nintendo drop Pokemon, maybe sell it for $375 million

Yes. Let me sell my stake in one of biggest properties for a paltry sum of $375M.

Poor Joe, he probably praying it ain't mobile. If it is...

Oddish1

Maybe they've figured out how to create real life Pokemon and this is the beginning of their new venture of a Jurassic Park-style Pokemon Park.

Sandfox

"We've partnered with Level 5 to develop the next entry of the mainline Pokemon Series..."

Not gonna lie, I'd love this. Level 5 absolutely GET how to create an amazing and enticing scenario mode.

I don't trust Level 5 to keep the things I like about the series intact.

El Sabroso

I expect some kind of a restructure of TPC or just what is going with franchise approach outside Nintendo consoles, like mobile or another merchandise

Cbajd5

it's just 20th anniversary stuff
if it isn't i'll delete my saves

new strategy: we go evil team on you and threaten to delete your saves for you unless you pay protection money

not going online won't work as we're partnering with hired goons to break into your house and do it directly

There's no other places to go to on handheld. Mobile would be the only place and if it's F2P like crazy and pay to win, that's going to kill the competitive scene. There's also an issue of cross compatability and local wireless trading and battling if it goes multiplatform.

Huh? How so? Virtually every device is connected via Internet, they would adapt trading to utilize GTS for P2P trades.

I wouldn't worry about that.

P2win would kill Pokemon dead.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
The maintenance for the Smash servers was actually due to Game Freak removing all the Pokemon elements from the game since they've officially split from Nintendo.

Enjoy playing as Pikachu in PlayStation All Star Battle 2!

Top Bottom