• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed. Releases November 18th 2016.

I wonder how many people will be disappointed with the first evolution.

Also when do we usually see that? Around August?

We saw the Gen VI starter's 2nd stages in September, with the games being released the following month. I think it was the same with Gen V (official reveal 1 month or so before release) but Servine and Dewott had leaked earlier in the year via an anime character sketch and then again (along with Pignite) in the infamous Wottergate leak.

EDIT: Sorry, was wrong about Gen V. Wottergate leaks happened Sept 1st, Corocoro leaked confirmed 2nd stages on the 11th, mag was released and game 1st leaked on the 15th and then BW released in Japan on the 18th. http://www.serebii.net/archive/September-2010.shtml

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Speaking of the anime the other day I realized the dub is totally gonna call an episode "Aloha, Alola". Hell, that could end up being the title for the first dub season.

Arcia

Banned
Also, for those interested, here's a version with some more space up top for the text:

SrXyDZd.png

That is hideous. I have no idea why you guys like this monstrosity!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We saw the Gen VI starter's 2nd stages in September, with the games being released the following month. I think it was the same with Gen V (official reveal 1 month or so before release) but Servine and Dewott had leaked earlier in the year via an anime character sketch and then again (along with Pignite) in the infamous Wottergate leak.

EDIT: Sorry, was wrong about Gen V. Wottergate leaks happened Sept 1st, Corocoro leaked confirmed 2nd stages on the 11th, mag was released and game 1st leaked on the 15th and then BW released in Japan on the 18th. http://www.serebii.net/archive/September-2010.shtml

So August is a good guess considering earlier release?

Kyzer

Banned
My general rule of thumb for supposed "leaks" is if its a photo of a screen, it is fake. Taking a photo of the screen helps cover up any errors and smaller details, making it easier to try and pass it off as legit. (that said, I'm sure there are cases of photos of screens of things that were actually real, but they're outweighed by the fakes)

They're pretty neat, though. But that Popplio evolution scares the beejezus out of me. Rowlet's kinda creeps me out.

so many leaks really are bad pictures though

Strimei

so many leaks really are bad pictures though

Well, as I said, I'm sure some actual leaks are through photos. But maybe its just my history with supposed world of warcraft "leaks" which are always through photos (or, even better, someone recording his own monitor). Almost all such "leaks" for WoW have been fake (only one I can really recall that was legit was when someone took photos of Blizzard's final E3 booth and the Draenei reveal ahead of time. That, at least, made sense to be pictures from one's phone. Plus there was the huge art mural)

Basically, I just take any "leak" taken with a camera as false until proven otherwise. Served me well thus far!

(I will definitely eat crow if mr. smiley-seal there is legit though)

Theorymon

While I doubt those photos are real, we've gotten massive leaks in sketchier ways before. For example, most XY mons were leaked by shitty camera phone pictures of a 3DS screen, and I remember several gen 5 Pokemon being leaked by people drawing fucking fanart of the actual official art!

I personally expect less leaks this time considering how harsh gamefreak took measures in gen 5 and 6, but I mean there could still be ways. For example, I remember when the ORAS demo came out, gamefreak was dumb enough to leave ALL the new Pokemon files in there (turned out they revealed every mega evo before release lol).

I'm eagerly awaiting that leak thread, it's always the best part of the waiting. When people get early copies and start to evolve shit like crazy, and the meltdowns start when we see the horrible 3rd stage evos of the starters, etc.

ffdgh

I'm eagerly awaiting that leak thread, it's always the best part of the waiting. When people get early copies and start to evolve shit like crazy, and the meltdowns start when we see the horrible 3rd stage evos of the starters, etc.

The reactions to delphox was amazing.

Im just gonna say now that if the Popplio eve is legit... Sorry Litten... Im a water trainer again......

That was the best part of Gen 6 honestly. I watched the starter race unfold on 4chan.

Sandfox

I'm conflicted on whether I want to indulge myself this time because I would like to be surprised, but I had a fun time discussion the new stuff as it came out with friends.

Never forget when Greninja was leaked, and then people found out it was actually legit.

NeonZ

Are those drawings actually pictures of 3d models? Looking at them again, they all seem to have some oddly straight lines in certain points of their designs.

Spyware

I would love it if Litten evolved into something Coeurl-like. Make those whiskers just insanely long!

I'd hate another grass/ground. I don't know why people want samey starters. :S just make new combinations already. There are lots and lots of unused ones that would be amazing.

Most people have generally shown dislike or disinterest in Popplio...

From what I've seen, the initial reaction for Popplio wasn't good. Now alot of the people I speak to loves the little guy because of the "swag" he shows in the reveal trailer.

Edit: I showed my Abuela (grandmother) the reveal trailer and for Rowlet and Litten she didn't have a reaction but when she saw Popplio she smile and chuckle when he struck his pose before his attack.

JoeM86

Longest 10 days of my life -_- The abuse I got for posting the "obvious fakes" -_- Then certain high up people in the community insisting that the CoroCoro pages were faked, to the point that they posted all of CoroCoro for that month except those ones, all because they had "different page numbers". Hilarity.

Good times :p

SM are releasing in November, which is a month later than XY did. So I'd say probably not until October, going by last generation. But you never know.

Hell, Diamond & Pearl didn't reveal the starters themselves until August, one month before launch
While I doubt those photos are real, we've gotten massive leaks in sketchier ways before. For example, most XY mons were leaked by shitty camera phone pictures of a 3DS screen, and I remember several gen 5 Pokemon being leaked by people drawing fucking fanart of the actual official art!

I personally expect less leaks this time considering how harsh gamefreak took measures in gen 5 and 6, but I mean there could still be ways. For example, I remember when the ORAS demo came out, gamefreak was dumb enough to leave ALL the new Pokemon files in there (turned out they revealed every mega evo before release lol).

The examples are a bit different

We had around 45 XY Pokémon revealed before launch. Then, many others were revealed by people who got a copy early, either by review copy (NDA breaking) or because stores in Italy sold it early. They weren't leaks.

The Gen V stuff was a leak, and it was a terrible leak that ended up with various sites getting a cease and desist. That was due to one website getting images from a contact and posting in.

Those instances in no way mean that we should just think "Oh maybe this is real". Both of those were really close to launch. The only legitimate leak we have got was Wottergate, and the person behind that posted stuff in May about Triple Battles, Rotation Battles etc. too (I did some sleuthing when I was checking authenticity). He ended up being arrested for doing so.

Delio

Hell, Diamond & Pearl didn't reveal the starters themselves until August, one month before launch.

Wait Really? I guess I was not paying attention enough to notice that back then. I remember when X/Y was leaked early and watching people break down about Greninja and the counting of Hawlucha's feathers cause they looked off LOL fun fun.

OH I also remember that one dude who drew most of the pokemon by memory. That was fun as hell.

Bulbasaur

Banned
While I doubt those photos are real, we've gotten massive leaks in sketchier ways before. For example, most XY mons were leaked by shitty camera phone pictures of a 3DS screen[/B]

Ha! I remember squinting at that grainy picture of Greninja on a 3DS screen, it seemed such an oddly angular design and I dismissed it as fake.

GoldStarz

I dismissed the Gen VI starter final evos as fake, too, mostly because I thought Greninja and Delphox were ugly. I was sad though because Chesnaught looked awesome. Thankfully now I only think Delphox is ugly. ^^

Tidalwave

I dismissed the Gen VI starter final evos as fake, too, mostly because I thought Greninja and Delphox were ugly. I was sad though because Chesnaught looked awesome. Thankfully now I only think Delphox is ugly. ^^
I felt/feel the same way. Except, I dont mind fennekins forms if I get a female.

Top Bottom