• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

03sho

There's no Pokemon in this game where you have to trade to evolve is there like the OG games?

Sorry it's been a while since I played Pokemon :)

I can't believe no one traded my Kartana for a freaking Porygon-Z.

Welp, had to give up my Solgaleo for it. That should be the last of the trade evolution Pokemon.

asagami_

Banned
1Om0UnM.jpg

A 5 perfect IV Mimikyu and the sixth IV is not so bad. I expect be fast, so...

Someone stop me keep breeding lol

Koren

There are so many you need to trade to evolve. I hate it.
I don't think there's NEW ones, though?

I agree they're annoying if you don't have two 3DS (or access to something like GAF). I already fear it won't be as easy for me with Switch :/

I am surprised there aren't more like for like trades on GTS to fill these out.
Well, since you can't request an object, it would be completely random for all of those that require an item to evolve via trade. I can see people trading pokemons holding nothing to get magmarizers, dubious discs, kings rocks, etc.

For the others, there's no real need to trade 1:1

GTS is still borderline unusable :/

A 5 perfect IV Mimikyu and the sixth IV is not so bad. I expect be fast, so...

Someone stop me keep breeding lol
Why Naïve? You have a mix attacker build in mind? I'm curious...

Mimikyu is SO good for the main game, it feels like cheating. My monotype-run with ghost is quite easy because of him. You definitively could do a Mimikyu-only run (you would probably need a couple Mimikyu, but I'm not sure you could do monospecies runs with a lot of pokémons...)

Red

There seems to be a huge influx of hacked Pokémon. The past three days every GTS trade I've made has got me an obvious hack.

There seems to be a huge influx of hacked Pokémon. The past three days every GTS trade I've made has got me an obvious hack.
As I posted here yesterday, it's super easy to homebrew the 3DS after last week's revelation. Everybody who wants to is testing out PKHex now. The only way they could really block these hacked Pokemon would be if they introduced a really strict checker that went after trash bytes, but that takes time and really isn't entirely worth it.

Red

As I posted here yesterday, it's super easy to homebrew the 3DS after last week's revelation. Everybody who wants to is testing out PKHex now. The only way they could really block these hacked Pokemon would be if they introduced a really strict checker that went after trash bytes, but that takes time and really isn't entirely worth it.
Really dilutes value when everyone has top of the line Pokémon for no effort. Oh well.

NSESN

Why hack 3DS even more if it was already easy. I can't understand the mentality of hackers. One thing is open the device to make homebrew happen, other thing is open it so much that it makes the experience of people without hacks worse.
Hopefully Switch is difficult to hack.

Really dilutes value when everyone has top of the line Pokémon for no effort. Oh well.

Yeah, but I guess it depends on perspective. Some people want Pokemon immediately without having to breed, EV train, level it up, etc. and get straight to the battling cause that's what they value most. Or they're just lazy :p

3DS recently got hit with a pretty big homebrew exploit that works on all versions, so I'm assuming a lot of people are now just testing the waters with PKHex because they can. It might get better in a month or two (Bank coming out should make it last longer as people need to get their genies out).

Edit: Nevermind :)

Koren

Why hack 3DS even more if it was already easy. I can't understand the mentality of hackers. One thing is open the device to make homebrew happen, other thing is open it so much that it makes the experience of people without hacks worse.
I don't think you can have the former without the latter, unfortunately... I'd rather get rid of homebrew myself (except that I still want to backup / transfer my Animal Crossing game onto a cart someday, if I want to be honest).

I'm fine with people playing their game the way they want, though, but putting hacked pokemon on GTS (especially filling requests) or WT is just plain awful. Maybe (just maybe) good dittos could be a pass to me, and still...

Yeah, but I guess it depends on perspective. Some people want Pokemon immediately without having to breed, EV train, level it up, etc. and get straight to the battling cause that's what they value most.
We all have things we want. Even if they can find their way, they should at the very least respect people wanting to enjoy the game normally. I don't use GTS and WT because of this, and I feel I lack a part of the game :(

asagami_

Banned
Why Naïve? You have a mix attacker build in mind? I'm curious...

Mimikyu is SO good for the main game, it feels like cheating. My monotype-run with ghost is quite easy because of him. You definitively could do a Mimikyu-only run (you would probably need a couple Mimikyu, but I'm not sure you could do monospecies runs with a lot of pokémons...)

Nop, I was expecting a Mimikyu with both perfect Speed and SP Attack IV and almost perfect Defense and SP Defense IV, but the Attack IV was in one of my final breeds (or maybe both parents, I don't remember) and I was aiming to get the Defense IV. Maybe I could have choose a SP Attack Nature, but I want Mimikyu be very fast. I will do a Attack and Speed EV Training, so I hope this help me (I guess?)

And now I am breeding for a Popplio. Finally have some with Modest Nature and some perfect IV, but I will repeat the same I did with Mimikyu: to experiment a lot xD I hope if I get a female Popplio, it has good IV, or I will have to mix my Dittos in the loop process lol

Koren

Yeah. I personally draw the line at 6iv dittos, but i have no issue with people hacking legal mons.
More than people hacking mons (I don't care, but I can see why people playing by the rules may care if they're battling online), it's sharing those mons with people that haven't asked for hacks which is awfully bad manners.

No, I don't enjoy getting a 6IV shiny in a wondertrade. You're not giving me a nice thing, you're polluting my experience.

Nop, I was expecting a Mimikyu with both perfect Speed and SP Attack IV and almost perfect Defense and SP Defense IV, but the Attack IV was in one of my final breeds
What was surprising me was the SP Atk... I don't see which special attacks you could want for Mimikyu? Everything he learns is physical, if I'm not mistaken, and its Atk is really low anyway.

I've seen Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak, Facade, Leech Life used with Mimikyu, but I've yet to see a Special attack. You want Psychic or Electric?

Maybe I could have choose a SP Attack Nature, but I want Mimikyu be very fast. I will do a Attack and Speed EV Training, so I hope this help me (I guess?)
I understand wanting speed, but Jolly would have seemed the obvious choice to me...

We all have things we want. Even if they can find their way, they should at the very least respect people wanting to enjoy the game normally. I don't use GTS and WT because of this, and I feel I lack a part of the game :(

The fact that they wish to taint others by trading hacked 'mons to unsuspecting people via GTS and WT is kind of frustrating. Especially since there is no real way to check if something is hacked...is there?

asagami_

Banned
Wait, Mimikyu don't learn SP Attack moves? *checks Bulbapedia* Oh lol Well, I guess now I need to check the moves and the overall stat in Pokémon I don't know too well

Koren

Especially since there is no real way to check if something is hacked...is there?
Well, sometimes you can prove it, but usually you can't.

There's also several people that flood GTS with hacked pokemons to do advertisement to website/youtube channels. That's utterly annoying.

Wait, Mimikyu don't learn SP Attack moves? *checks Bulbapedia* Oh lol Well, I guess now I need to check the moves and the overall stat in Pokémon I don't know too well
^_^ I see, now...

No, that's a pure physical attacker, I think (with 90 SP Atk and 50 Atk, I doubt you can turn it into a mixed / sp attacker)

I don't doubt hackers will have 0 in SP Atk (in the unlikely case of power split), but honestly, there's no reason to target anything for SP Atk on Mimikyu that I know.

(it's actually a perfect case of breeding mechanics working perfectly well, 5IVs is sufficient, and you don't even target HP for Mimikyu)

asagami_

Banned
^_^ I see, now...

No, that's a pure physical attacker, I think (with 90 SP Atk and 50 Atk, I doubt you can turn it into a mixed / sp attacker)

I don't doubt hackers will have 0 in SP Atk (in the unlikely case of power split), but honestly, there's no reason to target anything for SP Atk on Mimikyu that I know.

(it's actually a perfect case of breeding mechanics working perfectly well, 5IVs is sufficient, and you don't even target HP for Mimikyu)

Uhm, I am going to keep breeding new Mimikyus with the near perfect IV one as a parent, so yeah I will follow your advice and try a Jolly Mimikyu. Actually, this will help me to see how behave the breeding mechanism with a near perfect Pokémon and a random wild.

The fact that they wish to taint others by trading hacked 'mons to unsuspecting people via GTS and WT is kind of frustrating. Especially since there is no real way to check if something is hacked...is there?
Easiest way is to see if you can trade it on the GTS or WT... which usually means it "isn't" hacked. Back when DNS spoofing was a thing in gen 5, there was a site that allowed you to upload individual Pokemon and you could get a really in-depth look at every bit of data associated with a Pokemon (stuff like if it actually evolved due to having trash bytes of the previous name attached), but sadly with the loss of that nobody really has a replacement site up (to my knowledge anyway).

Ironically the best hack checker out there now is PKHex itself.

Well, sometimes you can prove it, but usually you can't.

There's also several people that flood GTS with hacked pokemons to do advertisement to website/youtube channels. That's utterly annoying.

Wow really? I haven't been on GTS since I finished my Pokedex hundreds of hours ago lol.
Easiest way is to see if you can trade it on the GTS or WT... which usually means it "isn't" hacked. Back when DNS spoofing was a thing in gen 5, there was a site that allowed you to upload individual Pokemon and you could get a really in-depth look at every bit of data associated with a Pokemon (stuff like if it actually evolved due to having trash bytes of the previous name attached), but sadly with the loss of that nobody really has a replacement site up (to my knowledge anyway).

Hahaha! I had a feeling it was.

I am playing a Nuzlocke Run as my first playthrough. I lost all but my Rufflet to Salazzle in the Totem fight. I then deleted my team and included the level 1 Eevee into my roster.

Level 27 Rufflet and Level 1 Eevee? I can make it work.

Then Route 8 happened. If you don't remember what Route 8 has, I shall remind you.

Rising Star Nicki.
Level 20 Miltank.
Rollout

I tried to stall it out with Super Potions but she murdered my Rufflet and Eevee in the end.

I was about to reset the game until I remembered that I still have the Munchlax I never picked up.

So now my team consists of a level 17 Munchlax and a level 17 Finneon. Feels bad, man.

Brehs, what would be a nice build with the following mons:

- Decidueye

- Mudsdale

- Vikavolt

- Ribombee

- Salazzle

- Kommo-o

Mind you, I am just a filthy casual slowly being dragged into this addicting timesink that is breeding and playing the post game content (Battle Royale/Tree. I am pretty sure I would just have my ass obliterated in PvP)

Koren

Uhm, I am going to keep breeding new Mimikyus with the near perfect IV one as a parent, so yeah I will follow your advice and try a Jolly Mimikyu. Actually, this will help me to see how behave the breeding mechanism with a near perfect Pokémon and a random wild.
Well, with your female (which has 4 perfect IVs), if you want to breed a perfect one (5IV, except Sp Atk), don't breed it with a wild male mimikyu. You need to introduce a perfect Sp Def IV first. Without this, you'll need 200 eggs, on average, to get your first 31 Sp Def. Possibly twice that to get a male.

So first thing, look in your boxes if you have a male from amorphous group that has 31 in Sp Def and as many good IVs as possible (or a ditto).

List of amorphous pokemons : http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/amorphous.shtml

After that, breed you female mimikyu with males of increasing number of IVs that have 31 in Sp Def (assuming you don't have a better ditto).

With a father with 31 in Sp Def, you'll get
7.2% male 2-IV with still Sp Def
7.9% male 3-IV with still Sp Def
3.3% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
0.7% perfect
So, an increase in ~5-6 eggs

With 2-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
9.4% male 3-IV with still Sp Def
5.4% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
1.3% perfect
So an increase in ~6-7 eggs

With 3-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
8.5% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
2.6% perfect
So an increase in ~10 eggs

With 4-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
5% perfect

It should take less than a box once you have Sp Def on a parent.

I'd go for the former, it'll be far more useful in the long run.

Or learn RNG exploits...

And after 903 eggs

Perfect in every way.
Congratulations... You managed to tweak the IVs and the shininess to your liking? Or you was at least a little bit lucky?

Demoli

Well, with your female (which has 4 perfect IVs), if you want to breed a perfect one (5IV, except Sp Atk), don't breed it with a wild male mimikyu. You need to introduce a perfect Sp Def IV first. Without this, you'll need 200 eggs, on average, to get your first 31 Sp Def. Possibly twice that to get a male.

So first thing, look in your boxes if you have a male from amorphous group that has 31 in Sp Def and as many good IVs as possible (or a ditto).

List of amorphous pokemons : http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-sm/egg/amorphous.shtml

After that, breed you female mimikyu with males of increasing number of IVs that have 31 in Sp Def (assuming you don't have a better ditto).

With a father with 31 in Sp Def, you'll get
7.2% male 2-IV with still Sp Def
7.9% male 3-IV with still Sp Def
3.3% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
0.7% perfect
So, an increase in ~5-6 eggs

With 2-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
9.4% male 3-IV with still Sp Def
5.4% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
1.3% perfect
So an increase in ~6-7 eggs

With 3-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
8.5% male 4-IV with still Sp Def
2.6% perfect
So an increase in ~10 eggs

With 4-IV father with Sp Def, you'll get
5% perfect

It should take less than a box once you have Sp Def on a parent.

I'd go for the former, it'll be far more useful in the long run.

Or learn RNG exploits...

Congratulations... You managed to tweak the IVs and the shininess to your liking? Or you was at least a little bit lucky?

There was no rng manipulation with the karp eggs, that was 903 10k step beldum eggs. Both parents have perfect IVs (6iv dito and a 6iv beldum i eventually hatched) so all i had luck on was the roll of uninherited stat being SpA.

SOS chained a shiny Sandile just now. It is Calm with almost no Attack IV's but I'm thinking a janky Sand Tomb, Foul Play, Smack Down, Taunt/Protect with Binding Band stall set could be fun lol.

Wiseblade

Brehs, what would be a nice build with the following mons:

- Decidueye

- Mudsdale

- Vikavolt

- Ribombee

- Salazzle

- Kommo-o

Mind you, I am just a filthy casual slowly being dragged into this addicting timesink that is breeding and playing the post game content (Battle Royale/Tree. I am pretty sure I would just have my ass obliterated in PvP)

This is for the Battle Tree? Then you only need three of these for starters:

Mudsdale @ Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -SpAtk)
252 Atk, 252 HP, 6 Def
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Earthquake and Heavy Slam have decent coverage and take big chunks out of anything that doesn't resist. Rest/Sleep Talk paired with the Stamina ability make it a physical brick wall. Just don't stick around against special attackers, especially Water and Grass Types.

Vikavolt @ Choice Specs
Modest
252 SpAtk, 252 HP, 6 SpDef

- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz/Flash Cannon
- Energy Ball/Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Not much to say other than it hits hard. Energy Ball deals with the Ground types TB can't touch, Flash Cannon shreds Fairy types.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

- Quiver Dance
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball/Aromatherapy

Quiver Dance, then sweep. Unfortunately, Ribombee has a lot of overlap with Vikavolt. Aromatherapy is an option and works well with Mudsdale.

Salazzle @ Black Sludge
Timid
252 SpAtk, 252 Speed, 6 HP

- Substitute
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

I don't know, this could be fun. Switch in to something scared of Salazzle, substitute when they switch out and engage in shenanigans.

Decidueye @ Leftovers
Careful
252 HP, 252 SpDef, 6 Def

- Spirit Shackle
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Baton Pass

Trap something, dance party and pass it on to Kommo-o or Mudsdale to win. Gimmicky, but virtually guarantees a win if you pull it off.

Kommo-o @ Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 Def

- Dragon Dance / Automotise
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Sky Uppercut
- Poison Jab / Earthquake

Basically the same as Ribombee, but you take hits better. If you can get a Swords Dance boost from Decidueye, Kommo-o can really hit hard.

Koren

There was no rng manipulation with the karp eggs, that was 903 10k step beldum eggs.
Can't you only use Beldum for the last eggs? I must have missed something in the process, I guess you can't switch parents anytime in the series?

Both parents have perfect IVs (6iv dito and a 6iv beldum i eventually hatched) so all i had luck on was the roll of uninherited stat being SpA.
That's still nice to have the random stat being the one you were hoping.

In any case, great job!

Demoli

Can't you only use Beldum for the last eggs? I must have missed something in the process, I guess you can't switch parents anytime in the series?

You probably can, but i'm so scared of messing up a shiny cause of it that I just hatch them the normal way.

asagami_

Banned
One of my Modest Popplio have perfect IV at everything except HP. And it's female. At least now I have a female one who can replace my Dittos in the equation, and I hope to get a male Popplio with the same IV somehow.

Ryan_09

After 156 hours clocked in Moon and 46 hours in Sun... I finally have a (pseudo) living dex in Moon! Everything is legit and caught myself, which means I obviously don't have Cosmog, Cosmoem, or Type: Null anymore. Got my shiny charm and stamps, and then proceeded to slave away the 1,500,000 points needed for the Pokefinder stamp.It only took me 2.5 hours, but it was mind-numbing. Thank goodness for Youtube in the background. lol

Now I can finally start breeding my competitive Pokemon. ^-^ Need to catch a couple 4-IV Ditto first. I will definitely be doing giveaways in the near-future.

Yagami_Sama

Necrozma is such a weird pokemon.

I thought in caught a Timid one, but I saw that maybe a Bold one could run a calm mind set.

Any suggestion ?

Is there a date for pokebank?

Not yet. Still said to be sometime this month though.

There is no such thing as a hack checker. Only a legality checker. If you hack a legal Pokemon, there is no way for someone else to tell whether it was hacked or not. Neither PKHeX nor any other program can tell you that something isn't hacked. They can only say that it isn't illegal.

Top Bottom