• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Type2

Get the charm first. Also, use the magikarp method (if you aren't using it already) to ensure you keep sane lol.

Anyways, I think i'm going to cut down on my giveaways in r/Pokemongiveaway/ by some degree. Getting a little annoyed by the amount of "Hack/Clone Giveaways" recently. Almost 60-70% of the giveaways on that subreddit are in that category :/ .
I'm doing mine on pokemon trades. I'm annoyed by all the hacked stuff too! Dumping some dratini, sandyghast and sandshrew there soon.

I'm at my parents for the next week for the holidays but does anyone know how to get a 3DS to interact with password protected, cable-provided Wi-Fi or am I going to have to wait till I get back to my own apartment?

Setting up sharing/hotspot through your phone or similar is probably your best bet

I thought there was a trading OT, but I can't seem to find it...

But at any rate, I find myself needing 2 Cosmogs and a Type:Null or Silvally, in order to fill out a Living Dex when Bank hits. I'm about to start catching the Ultra Beasts, and it seems that there are some duplicates that you catch. In particular, 4 Pheromosas. Are those considered a good, fair trade? What if I aim for a specific nature, since Pheromosa is apparently great online?

EDIT: I suppose I should add I don't particularly care if the traded Pokemon were duplicated through PKhex or whatever, as long as they aren't straight *generated* by it.

Alolan Marowak learns Ghost Bone at level 27, but it just become Alolan Marowak at Level 28 ?

Seriously ?
This is the same game where Abra evolves into Kadabra and only gets kinesis leaving it waiting for an attacking more although that one can be attributed to some sort of bug with the always learn when evolve moves (like it checks to see if you know kinesis and you pass so it doesn't check for the level 16 move Confusion) rather than possible carelessness (Ghost Bone seems like it should be learned upon evolving and it is 1 level away).

alvmew

I thought there was a trading OT, but I can't seem to find it...

But at any rate, I find myself needing 2 Cosmogs and a Type:Null or Silvally, in order to fill out a Living Dex when Bank hits. I'm about to start catching the Ultra Beasts, and it seems that there are some duplicates that you catch. In particular, 4 Pheromosas. Are those considered a good, fair trade? What if I aim for a specific nature, since Pheromosa is apparently great online?

EDIT: I suppose I should add I don't particularly care if the traded Pokemon were duplicated through PKhex or whatever, as long as they aren't straight *generated* by it.

In terms of if it would be a good fair trade, probably not insofar as like you said, Moon gives you multiple Pheromosa, but each game only gets one Cosmog and Type: Null. You might be able to find people to trade anyway, whether because they don't want them or they duplicated or whatever, but the Trubbish GTS thing might yield better/faster results.

Anyways, I think i'm going to cut down on my giveaways in r/Pokemongiveaway/ by some degree. Getting a little annoyed by the amount of "Hack/Clone Giveaways" recently. Almost 60-70% of the giveaways on that subreddit are in that category :/ .
3DS recently got hit with a pretty big homebrew exploit that works on all versions, so I'm assuming a lot of people are now just testing the waters with PKHex because they can. It might get better in a month or two (Bank coming out should make it last longer as people need to get their genies out).

In terms of if it would be a good fair trade, probably not insofar as like you said, Moon gives you multiple Pheromosa, but each game only gets one Cosmog and Type: Null. You might be able to find people to trade anyway, whether because they don't want them or they duplicated or whatever, but the Trubbish GTS thing might yield better/faster results.

Trubbish GTS thing?

alvmew

Trubbish GTS thing?

Put up a Trubbish on the GTS, ask for what it is you are looking for. Chances are, someone will trade it to you. Toss-up if it'll be 100% just legit caught in game and not duplicated or whatever, but everyone is doing it.

There isn't a concrete answer why Trubbish, but it works and that's what matters lol.

Trubbish GTS thing?

And yeah, I know it's not *exactly* a fair 1:1 trade, but I figured there's probably some people out there who would rather a competitive Pheromosa than a redundant legendary? Maybe?

alvmew

Trubbish GTS thing?

And yeah, I know it's not *exactly* a fair 1:1 trade, but I figured there's probably some people out there who would rather a competitive Pheromosa than a redundant legendary? Maybe?

Maybe. From what I've seen, Celesteela (being that it's that much better than the others) will probably yield you the best results in that department. You'll get the opportunity to catch two in game.

Red

Got a Porygon2 over GTS holding an eviolite. 31 IVs in all stats except attack, which has 0. Modest nature. 252 EVs in HP and SpA, 8 in SpD. Recover, Tri Attack, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt. I think I would have done 0 IVs in speed and run trick room if I were to hack this myself, but it should do alright.

Maybe. From what I've seen, Celesteela (being that it's that much better than the others) will probably yield you the best results in that department. You'll get the opportunity to catch two in game.

Alright, I don't know what all trade fodder is best, I know I've seen some mentions of Pheromosa being all over the place (I'm not all that interested in the online component yet, mainly just getting ready to complete the living Dex), but if Celesteela will prove better for that, then sweet.

asagami_

Banned
I unlock the IV checker and I find one of my UB Beauty is almost perfect, best at everything except Attack (Very good) and Speed (Pretty Good). And goddamned my usual Pokémon are too basic, now I know I only win in the Battle Royale thanks for luck :(

And now I am going to breed Fomantis lol

Articalys

I'm alphabetizing all the Pokemon in the PC and I don't know why. Maybe it's a form of self-punishment for not caring about stats/natures when I was catching all the legendaries, thus making sure I can never take part in competitive play.

I'm alphabetizing all the Pokemon in the PC and I don't know why. Maybe it's a form of self-punishment for not caring about stats/natures when I was catching all the legendaries, thus making sure I can never take part in competitive play.

Or do the smart thing, and organize them by dex number.

Just sayin

Bulzeeb

oh_hai__ghastly__by_michaeljlarson-d5mw440.png

Well I have a box full of Gastlys with timid nature and 4 - 5 IV if someone wants one just let me now your IGN and what pokemon you deposited in the GTS, I'll check again in 30 mins and off to the wonder trade for the rest

Saikyo

oh_hai__ghastly__by_michaeljlarson-d5mw440.png

Well I have a box full of Gastlys with timid nature and 4 - 5 IV if someone wants one just let me now your IGN and what pokemon you deposited in the GTS, I'll check again in 30 mins and off to the wonder trade for the rest

IGN: Saikyo
Female Gastly, lv7

Regiruler

Timid HP Ice Koko on my first try, thank Arceus

EDIT:31 iv on SpAt and speed too

You'll be a sad camper when the tutors come around and Jolly reigns supreme.
Using an inferior stat will only lead to mediocrity and ruin.

On that note I need to rework this Guzzlord a bit...
Or do the smart thing, and organize them by dex number.

Just sayin

This is impractical given the large index size and the possibility for duplicates.

Sorting them into blocks is best. Personally I sort them by type, with a few arbitrary specifiers whether the primary or secondary type is used.

Saikyo

Thanks for the Gastly Bulzeeb : )

Almost finished with pokemons from island scan, GF have to hurry up so I can just scan a team to finish Battle Tower.

NSESN

You'll be a sad camper when the tutors come around and Jolly reigns supreme.
Using an inferior stat will only lead to mediocrity and ruin.

On that note I need to rework this Guzzlord a bit...

This is impractical given the large index size and the possibility for duplicates.

Sorting them into blocks is best. Personally I sort them by type, with a few arbitrary specifiers whether the primary or secondary type is used.

Even if Koko gets Play Rough, Naive/Hasty will be better, I can't see this thing getting Thunder Punch and Wild Charge sucks. Besides i can catch another Koko on the new game with Jolly if necessary

Regiruler

Can someone explain to me why brutal swing is only 60 power?

Seems like testing the waters prior to a buff.
Even if Koko gets Play Rough, Naive/Hasty will be better, I can't see this thing getting Thunder Punch and Wild Charge sucks. Besides i can catch another Koko on the new game with Jolly if necessary

That's what roost is for! It's supposed to be an up/down game.

Sciel

3DS recently got hit with a pretty big homebrew exploit that works on all versions, so I'm assuming a lot of people are now just testing the waters with PKHex because they can. It might get better in a month or two (Bank coming out should make it last longer as people need to get their genies out).
That explains it then. Was curious as to the recent influx of Hacked Pokemons!

Can GF just block genies being uploaded to bank?
Seriously the meta is better that way
Prankster, TWave, Paralysis, and Confusion nerfs hurt Thundurus quite a bit. Hopefully the resurgence of rain and the rise of grassy terrain and hail can put a dent in Landorus T, otherwise he'll be the same broken mess he's always been.

At least Thundurus T was made completely irrelevant by Xurkitree.

Wiseblade

Not looking forward to the Bank at all... Really enjoying the current meta, it's gonna suck to see it go.
A meta without Empoleon isn't worth preserving.

But really, while I like how newer stuff has had time to shine, I'm more excited to get to try out all the goofy stuff I've been thinking about for the past couple months.

Top Bottom