• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Regiruler

Ok.. can someone explain Toxic Spikes to me?

It's feels underwhelming. Is it like regular spikes where the more layers you put the more Toxic damage the poison will do?

If so how many layers should I aim for?
1 lair is standard poison, 1/8th each turn. 2 layers is max, and is toxic poison (starts at 1/16 and doubles each turn).

1 layer works to trigger things like merciless and venoshock.

jelmerjt

My current Battle Tree team consists of Toxapex, Mimikyu and Mega Salamence but I just realized that Hydreigon has very good type synergy with Toxapex and Mimikyu. Hydreigon can also deal with huge threats like Mega Slowbro, Rotom-Wash and Mega Swampert. Will I be able to beat Red with these Pokemon though?

ionitron

My current Battle Tree team consists of Toxapex, Mimikyu and Mega Salamence but I just realized that Hydreigon has very good type synergy with Toxapex and Mimikyu. Hydreigon can also deal with huge threats like Mega Slowbro, Rotom-Wash and Mega Swampert. Will I be able to beat Red with these Pokemon though?

I beat Red with Mimikyu and Garchomp. I'm pretty sure I didn't use my third pokemon. It wasn't that bad, -shrugs-

1 lair is standard poison, 1/8th each turn. 2 layers is max, and is toxic poison (starts at 1/16 and doubles each turn).

1 layer works to trigger things like merciless and venoshock.

So I'll be better off laying down 2 Toxic Spikes instead of 1 Toxic Spikes and then a Stealth Rocks with my Nihilego?

I think I'm putting way too much thought into my suicide lead.

r1chard

I don't get this Poke Pelago thing. I had wild Pokemon visit, but then the next day they were gone. What was I supposed to do in that time?
Sometimes they stay, sometimes they don't. I'm not sure there's anything you can do to improve the chances of them staying (giving them attention doesn't seem to change anything).

Regiruler

Sometimes they stay, sometimes they don't. I'm not sure there's anything you can do to improve the chances of them staying (giving them attention doesn't seem to change anything).

They don't seem to leave though when they decide to stay, even when you tell Mohn you're not interested.

alvmew

Okay, I've got a Modest Pichu bred in a Fast Ball with Wish, Encore, Fake Out, and Electric Terrain. I'll get to work on making some 4/5/6 IV ones for trading later today! :)

I always seem to be lacking a good Thunder type in these games...

For some reason, they make most electric type Pokémon mediocre at best. They tried with Electivire but stopped short of a legitimately effective Pokémon. Phenomenal coverage, but its usable moves have low base power or poor accuracy, so it doesn't actually have the Attack stat to turn 75BP moves into KOs.

And with its middling speed, it doesn't have the Defense to take a hit, then doesn't have the power to KO. It just can't do anything right.

Which sucks, since its one of my favorite Pokémon.

So I'll be better off laying down 2 Toxic Spikes instead of 1 Toxic Spikes and then a Stealth Rocks with my Nihilego?

I think I'm putting way too much thought into my suicide lead.

Usually 1 layer is better than 2, especially if you are just going on Battle Tree. You want Toxic poison for the the fatter teams that like to spam Recover

Articalys

Moving question to new page to increase visibility.

How much harder does one need to work to do well in the Battle Tree without using Tapus or beasts?

Regiruler

Usually 1 layer is better than 2, especially if you are just going on Battle Tree. You want Toxic poison for the the fatter teams that like to spam Recover

There are quite a few walls in the battle tree, but they'll be out before you can get the second layer of toxic spikes.

For them, regular toxic is better (unless they use rest, in which case screech may legitimately be better).

Articalys

Yeah, that's what I kind of figured. At this point I'm just trying to decide if I feel like resetting on Tapu Koko over and over until I get something satisfactory, or just sticking with what I got the first time (neutral nature, perfect Def/SpD/Spd, good Atk, eh rest). Almost all the rest of the one-timers seem useless except for a Xurkitree with +SpAtk/-Atk and perfect SpAtk/Spd (though it also has no SpDef, so it might be useless too), and a neutral Kartana with perfect Atk and good Spd (but also weak HP and SpDef, so it might be useless as well).

It's not like the rest have hindering natures (though some of them do), but from what I gather you basically need a supporting nature plus perfect or near-perfect IVs in key stats to get anywhere in Supers, and maybe even in regular.

Rafavert

Got a buttload of 4-5 IVs Stuffuls with Ice/Thunder Punch. They're Adamant and n Friend Balls.

Anyone want one?

EDIT: Also have 4-5 IVs Cutieflies with Baton Pass and Moonblast. Modest in Love Ball.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
For some reason, they make most electric type Pokémon mediocre at best. They tried with Electivire but stopped short of a legitimately effective Pokémon. Phenomenal coverage, but its usable moves have low base power or poor accuracy, so it doesn't actually have the Attack stat to turn 75BP moves into KOs.

And with its middling speed, it doesn't have the Defense to take a hit, then doesn't have the power to KO. It just can't do anything right.

Which sucks, since its one of my favorite Pokémon.
What would the "best" electric type be then? Jolteon?

WhyMe6

Finally got around to beating the Elite 4 with my cool team of Ribombee (MVP), Toucannon, Salazzle, Mudsdale, Lycanroc (Best day one, of course) and Decidueye (who literally did nothing). What a damn fine game it was.

Clefargle

Okay, I've got a Modest Pichu bred in a Fast Ball with Wish, Encore, Fake Out, and Electric Terrain. I'll get to work on making some 4/5/6 IV ones for trading later today! :)

OMG I would kill for one of those. Please let me know if you want to trade one because I have quite a few pseudoperftect johto ball pokemon available

alvmew

Still looking for a HA Abra if anyone has that.

Anybody got any high quality Pichus (or Pichu eggs)? Modest (preferably) or Timid with some number of max IVs but it doesn't have to be 6IV. I ask since I know alot of people here are just sitting on mounds of eggs they aren't using.

I've got these bred up now. 4-5 IV, Modest, Fast Ball with Wish, Encore, Fake Out, and Electric Terrain. Still looking?

Got a buttload of 4-5 IVs Stuffuls with Ice/Thunder Punch. They're Adamant and n Friend Balls.

Anyone want one?

EDIT: Also have 4-5 IVs Cutieflies with Baton Pass and Moonblast. Modest in Love Ball.

Anything specific you might want for a Cutiefly? Would appreciate a male if you've got it.

Got the game for Christmas so I'm barley starting out. Would love a spare Litten and Popplio if anyone has one.

Noice! Had a similar group in X-Y.

I can help out if you still need them.

FC: 1547-6519-8426
IGN: Luis

OMG I would kill for one of those. Please let me know if you want to trade one because I have quite a few pseudoperftect johto ball pokemon available

Yeah of course! What do you have? Feel free to reply here or pm.

Oh, thank goodness someone traded me a Vanillite. I don't think I can stand SOS battles in this game, especially with weather. Waaaaay too time consuming.

Articalys

Now that I've completed the Alola Dex, and with no way to make a competitive team, I don't really know what else there is to do.

Guess I'll just wait for Stars, then...

Am I freaking out, or are the two Spindas on the second island facing each other the exact same pattern? I can't tell for sure because I can only see a front and a back, but based on the stuff I can see, they don't show any evident differences.

Articalys

Put up Trubbish asking for level 91 Ditto on the GTS and wait until you get a 6IV one. =P
Well, first I need to pick up a Destiny Knot... I could always just buy one with the BP from the online battle participation reward, but if I want to save that for a Mega Stone... how high level do Pickup mons need to be?

I've got these bred up now. 4-5 IV, Modest, Fast Ball with Wish, Encore, Fake Out, and Electric Terrain. Still looking?

Anything specific you might want for a Cutiefly? Would appreciate a male if you've got it.

Appreciate it, thanks!

I just traded 2 Oshawott's and got 2 Cosmog's in return.

I just need to evolve one of the and I'll have one of each legendary for my living Dex. I haven't even went about catching the Cosmog in my own game yet.

Red

Well, first I need to pick up a Destiny Knot... I could always just buy one with the BP from the online battle participation reward, but if I want to save that for a Mega Stone... how high level do Pickup mons need to be?
Pickup can get any item at any level now. But you are at the mercy of the RNG. My Lilipups are in their 50s now and I still haven't seen a destiny knot.

Azerare

Still only on second island, but I'm curious if umbreon got an decent move pool this generation.
Also I see people stating what balls their pokemon are bred in. Is that a new feature to choose these games?

ionitron

I've got one of those Abras. Can we trade for a pichu?

Still only on second island, but I'm curious if umbreon got an decent move pool this generation.
Also I see people stating what balls their pokemon are bred in. Is that a new feature to choose these games?

Introduced in XY was the ability for female pokemon to pass down their pokeball to offspring. SM made it so that males and genderless pokemon grouped with Ditto can pass down theirs. There's nothing significant about them aside from cosmetic changes

Ahnez

In the past gen, the bred mon will have the mother's ball under certain circumstances, or a regular pokeball

Since regular balls are boring AF, people like to pass down balls too

But now, the father can also pass down the ball, and genderless pokemon can too now (they couldn't before)

Crayolan

Umbreon has always had a decent movepool, it's just a defensive pokemon. It gets moves which complement its stats like Foul Play, Curse, Moonlight, Swagger, etc.

Top Bottom