• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Shengar

Judging from Wonder Trade, this thread and my own anecdotal experience this isn't the case. There are still plenty of people breeding Pokémon.

6IVs (shiny) Ditto still commonly used by people for breeding though

Because I have two that I got from GTS

6IVs (shiny) Ditto still commonly used by people for breeding though

Because I have two that I got from GTS

Hmm, yeah, that's a grey area depending on your stance.

To be fair, you can RNG 6 IV Dittos in past games. So it's not an impossible situation at all.

Of course, RNG abuse has its own haters as well XD

asagami_

Banned
I have two near perfect Pokémon (5 perfect IV, a IV fantastic) and I don't used too much Ditto in the final steps (unless it's a genderless Pokémon, obvious). If a Pokémon have gender it's better use a male and female when they have the desired IVs thanks how quickly the reproduction speed is increased.

Sometimes I leave the building, walk a few steps and there is a egg already lol

I have two near perfect Pokémon (5 perfect IV, a IV fantastic) and I don't used too much Ditto in the final steps (unless it's a genderless Pokémon, obvious). If a Pokémon have gender it's better use a male and female when they have the desired IVs thanks how quickly the reproduction speed is increased.

Sometimes I leave the building, walk a few steps and there is a egg already lol
Heh, when the breeding pokemon are super frisky to the point of popping out eggs faster than I can hatch them, I often find myself wishing there was a "put in the pokepelago hot springs" option in addition to the usual 'add to party', 'put in box' and whatnot :p

ciD_Vain

Hauoli sandbar. Check it every day and you're sure to get 2-4 per week.

I use parting shot on silvally-Electric so I can set up minior. This is straight bullshit.

I can't use my beautiful Necrozma either although that's to be expected.
Where is that in Hau'Oli?

So I was 100+ encounters in my SOS hunt for a shiny Fomantis when BOOM! My Sun cartridge ejected from my n3DS for seemingly no reason, even though my hands nor anything else was touching it. Kinda scared me, but mostly annoyed me.

It sucks when even the console doesn't want me to get a shiny :(

Koren

I hate how it's impossible to talk, even to people in friend list, when trading...

I traded a Brave ditto to the wrong person a couple hours ago. If it was a gaffer, I apologize ^_^

Isn't a foreign ditto as fast? It's harder to have parents of different languages if you breed them.

Heh, when the breeding pokemon are super frisky to the point of popping out eggs faster than I can hatch them, I often find myself wishing there was a "put in the pokepelago hot springs" option in addition to the usual 'add to party', 'put in box' and whatnot :p
We're spoiled ^_^

Most people couldn't care less about what you do for yourself, but there are many who don't want to get hexed Pokémon in trades. As long as you're open and honest about everything, it should be fine.
This... at least for me.

Edit: Females can pass egg moves now? Can anyone confirm? That makes things so much easier.
It was already the case in X/Y/OR/AS...

Type2

Im going to be giving away some Luxury ball Bold Sandyghasts with 5-6 ivs with Amnesia, destiny bond, stockpile and spit up. My FC is in my profile. I have about 400 I can hold indefinitely.
I'm ready to start giving these suckers away to clear some box space as I keep trying for a shiny.
I'm over 70% in my dex now and want that damn shiny charm!

Regiruler

Shiny Meowth popped up while speed training my Xurk.

I don't know what ball I should catch it in.

Ugh it's relaxed nature. Why.

Ryan_09

So after getting my 6-IV female Popplio (and tons of 6-IV males), I started breeding Pikipek this morning before work, and only took an hour before I started popping out 6-IVs. I'm almost certain my next breeding project will be Raichu-A. I think I'm going to do a giveaway after work on Friday. Spread the love and such.

Breeding is so much easier than in XYORAS. <3

Regiruler

So outside of parting shot and memento being in banned hell and mega stones being axed, the alola friendly format is the same as battle facility singles?

Wiseblade

Hmm, yeah, that's a grey area depending on your stance.

To be fair, you can RNG 6 IV Dittos in past games. So it's not an impossible situation at all.

Of course, RNG abuse has its own haters as well XD
Hating on RNG abuse I have ZERO patience for. At least PKHex crosses the clear line of having a third party application directly editing the save file. RNG abuse is LITERALLY just playing within the parameters of the game.

alvmew

Im going to be giving away some Luxury ball Bold Sandyghasts with 5-6 ivs with Amnesia, destiny bond, stockpile and spit up. My FC is in my profile. I have about 400 I can hold indefinitely.
I'm ready to start giving these suckers away to clear some box space as I keep trying for a shiny.
I'm over 70% in my dex now and want that damn shiny charm!

Could I have a male? Is there anything I can help trade you for your Dex?

Regiruler

ow do you play under practice rulesets?
Hating on RNG abuse I have ZERO patience for. At least PKHex crosses the clear line of having a third party application directly editing the save file. RNG abuse is LITERALLY just playing within the parameters of the game.

You're playing with information that was in no way obtainable without exploitation.

Koren

You're playing with information that was in no way obtainable without exploitation.
I'm not sure about this... This time, the RNG exploits seem easy enough, I think you could reproduce some of the most important results just by trial and error.

The shiny trick, for example, was definitively obtainable without exploitation, it's obvious to anyone that look into how non-randomized breeding is.

Regiruler

Air Balloon or Z hypnosis for Xurk?

For reference, I am already planning for assault vest Golisopod and herb smash minior.

Air balloon lets it set up on ground types and leaves the z crystal free for a potential Araquanid.

Bulzeeb

I was a bit hesitant at first but then I realized I had little time to work, play other games and breed pokemons so I gave in and got a 6IV ditto from the GTS, I know this is kinda cheating but it still requires more work and time investment to get a nice pkmn you want than by using pokehex, also, this is a bit more clean stance that the one that is being used in the competitive scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJJKtwDYFGA

Smasher89

Z-Mirror Move Staraptor is fun. Switch in on a ghost move and hit back with a +2 Never-Ending Nightmare.

Wait, so all you need is the flyium Z > to get a Z move for kinda every typing? "checking if its in the alola dex for vgc".
EDIT: so its a dexnav pokemon.

Koren

I was a bit hesitant at first but then I realized I had little time to work, play other games and breed pokemons so I gave in and got a 6IV ditto from the GTS
I want to avoid it, but I'd say it's fine.

It would be interesting if you could somehow check the stats of a pokemon before capturing it, because encountering a 6IV ditto by SOS chaining isn't really much harder than shiny hunting. It's just that you have no clue which one is the 6IV one...

Yagami_Sama

Is there a way to see how many efforts point a pokemon received, like a precise number ? Or the only way will be to reset the count by giving some berries

Also could someone recommend a faster way to EV training ?

Wiseblade

Is there a way to see how many efforts point a pokemon received, like a precise number ? Or the only way will be to reset the count by giving some berries

Also could someone recommend a faster way to EV training ?
The precise number? No. If you've lost track your only option is to reset the stat and try again. If you're having difficulty keeping track, I suggest using Isle Evelup in the Poké Pelago. It's the most precise and foolproof method of EV training the series has ever seen.

Dang. I thought so.

Also, if I let Exp.Share activated, the EV will be share with other pokemons ?

Yes. If a Pokemon receives any experience, they get EVs along with that.

Basically, if you want to keep things simple, farm a lot of EV-reducing berries (extremely simple to do and yields a lot) to reduce everything to 0 then stick your Pokemon into Isle Evelup. Once you get the EV spread you desire, you're free to start leveling up however you want to.

Yagami_Sama

On Poke pelago, I will always receive 4 efforts point per training session ? Or is there a way to receive more EV per session ?

Also, I need a destiny Knot, the only to get this is via “pick up” or trade BP for it ?

Wiseblade

On Poke pelago, I will always receive 4 efforts point per training session ? Or is there a way to receive more EV per session ?

Also, I need a destiny Knot, the only to get this is via “pick up” or trade BP for it ?
As long as you Isle Evelup is fully upgraded, yes. The only way to speed up the process is to dump beans to double the speed of sessions to 15 minutes.

And yes, that is the only way to get a Destiny Knot.

Yagami_Sama

As long as you Isle Evelup is fully upgraded, yes. The only way to speed up the process is to dump beans to double the speed of sessions to 15 minutes.

And yes, that is the only way to get a Destiny Knot.

Hmm. It will take some time , but this will be good for a second option .
I think is time to build a pick up team and try to get a free Destiny Knot.

I will check how the EV training with SOS pokemon chain works, it should be way faster.

Sorry for all the questions, last pokemon game that I tried to breed good pokemons for competitive play was Pokemon Diamond.

Wiseblade

Sorry for all the questions, last pokemon game that I tried to breed good pokemons for competitive play was Pokemon Diamond.
Man, I remember those dark times. Thinking about those pen and paper days is almost enough to get me to stop complaining about SOS battles and Festival Plaza.

Almost.

ciD_Vain

Wait, so all you need is the flyium Z > to get a Z move for kinda every typing? "checking if its in the alola dex for vgc".
EDIT: so its a dexnav pokemon.
Yeah pretty much lol. Yeah it's an Island Scan Pokémon.
You can Mirror Move Z-moves? Holy crap.
You don't necessarily mirror move their z-move. You do a z-move version of their last used move.
Since Z-Move have different power depending on the original move, which power is used when you mirror it?
Not sure. I assume it's based on what their attack was.

I'm also breeding to make a Z-Me First Krookodile + Moxie. Similar concept but instead of a +2 Atk, it'll be getting +2 Speed.

Producer

How are people using Fini? Really struggling to decide whether to make it bold/calm or maybe modest but thats probably not such a good idea.

Top Bottom