• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Man, got stomped by that Akira guy on Mount Hokulani. That Absol was just one-shotting everyone. If you're not several levels ahead of everyone, everything gets really tough. Barely won by poisoning early and stalling long enough.

Bulzeeb

I was planning to get a Magnezone for my team but after reading I realized that a hiden power fire is recommended and I really hate finding the right HP, there should be an easier way to obtain an specific HP also, whats a good way to counter a Garchomp?

I'm done! I caught all 301 Pokemon! =D

I never completed the Pokedex in any of the games before. It feels really satisfying.

Now to get to breeding...

(Oh, and I still want a 5* Treasure Hunt if anyone has one...)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was planning to get a Magnezone for my team but after reading I realized that a hiden power fire is recommended and I really hate finding the right HP, there should be an easier way to obtain an specific HP also, whats a good way to counter a Garchomp?
Well HP is easier now with bottlecaps...

Neonep

Why is it so hard to get a Porygon2 & Porygon-Z when you are willing to trade a Porygon with an Upgrade and a Dubious Disc? Also why do people only want guardian deity pokemon when literally everybody can catch them.

Managed to track down all the Zygarde cells! I'm debating whether to grab the last cell or not. If I can just get a 10%/50% Aura Break Zygarde off of GTS with the proper nature, then I guess I have no reason not to.

HawthorneKitty

Why is it so hard to get a Porygon2 & Porygon-Z when you are willing to trade a Porygon with an Upgrade and a Dubious Disc? Also why do people only want guardian deity pokemon when literally everybody can catch them.
1. Why would I waste time watching an evolution just to help a stranger?
2. Tapus are versatile

casiopao

Guys Guys advice needed bruh.

Change of plan lol. Now i am breeding Alola Grimer which i just got from GTS already with Shadow Sneak. Any good build i can use guys?

The set i found is:

Muk@Assault Vest
Poison Touch
EV: 248 HP/100 Atk/92 Def/64 SpD/4 Spe
Adamant
-Knock Off
-Gunk Shot
-Pursuit
-Shadow Sneak

I feel the status spread is kinda too complex lol. And not giving black sludge for Alola Muk kinda feel i don't know what lol.

Neonep

Also can somebody explain to my why I see multiple people looking for Dragonite's that are level 1-10. How is that even possible?

Theorymon

Guys Guys advice needed bruh.

Change of plan lol. Now i am breeding Alola Grimer which i just got from GTS already with Shadow Sneak. Any good build i can use guys?

The set i found is:

Muk@Assault Vest
Poison Touch
EV: 248 HP/100 Atk/92 Def/64 SpD/4 Spe
Adamant
-Knock Off
-Gunk Shot
-Pursuit
-Shadow Sneak

I feel the status spread is kinda too complex lol. And not giving black sludge for Alola Muk kinda feel i don't know what lol.

Unfortunately, Pursuit isn't breedable on Alolan Muk until after Pokebank. It's pretty good in VGC though, so you can get away without Pursuit if you wanna play there for now.

Also can somebody explain to my why I see multiple people looking for Dragonite's that are level 1-10. How is that even possible?

I think this is possible via SOS. Pretty sure you can get a similarly low leveled Salamence this way too.

Neonep

1. Why would I waste time watching an evolution just to help a stranger?
2. Tapus are versatile
The only reason why people request the evolved pokemon is because they don't want to get cheated, Game Freak should have put a barrier on some of these trades knowing that items are involved.

casiopao

Unfortunately, Pursuit isn't breedable on Alolan Muk until after Pokebank. It's pretty good in VGC though, so you can get away without Pursuit if you wanna play there for now.

I think this is possible via SOS. Pretty sure you can get a similarly low leveled Salamence this way too.

Just noticed this too......dammit. Whats with sooo many limitation right now.T_T

Going back to my sweet sweet Shiinotic then.T_T Hope RNGceus will make it not as painful this time.T_T

Whats a good way to counter a Garchomp?

Garchomp has no counters (un)fortunately. You'll need to know it's moveset before switching something into it.

Mamoswine is a decent check. Fairies come to mind. I'm thinking Mimikyu with disguise still up. Hope you don't miss the play rough lol. Togekiss if it doesn't run Stone Edge. Etc.

Wiseblade

Shiinotic does well vs Garchomp. Resists Ground, immune to Dragon. The only thing it has to worry about is Fire Fang, but it still wins due to Strength Sap.

Alolan Ninetales outspeeds to OHKO with Blizzard too. Slap a Focus Sash on and it beats Scarf Chomp too.

HawthorneKitty

Shiinotic does well vs Garchomp. Resists Ground, immune to Dragon. The only thing it has to worry about is Fire Fang, but it still wins due to Strength Sap.

Alolan Ninetales outspeeds to OHKO with Blizzard too. Slap a Focus Sash on and it beats Scarf Chomp too.
Poison jab is more common now tho

Bulzeeb

I was thinking on using Ninetales, but correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that Ninetales benefits from hail so I should get at least another Pokemon that can work with haze so I won't cause any trouble for myself but if I use 2 ice pkmn I might be creating a huge fire weakness

If I'm looking for help on helping one of my Pokèmon evolve should I request it here or in the Community thread??? Trying to get a Glaceon but I think it's only available at the end.

Sioul

Hey guys, could you suggest me a good water pokémon?

My team right now:
Decidueye
Charjabug
Goomy
Lucario
Salazzle

Starting the 3rd island.

Hey guys, could you suggest me a good water pokémon?

My team right now:
Decidueye
Charjabug
Goomy
Lucario
Salazzle

Starting the 3rd island.

Ash-Greninja from the demo? He should obey you now.

You also can't go wrong with Gyarados. Maybe Wishiwashi if you want a new Pokemon.

Koren

I may be wrong, but I doubt it. When you find Dratinis on Poni, it's in the high 20s at least. Pretty sure that SOS calls brings pokemon of similar level at least (I think higher level for evolutions).

A Dragonite in the 40s, maybe 30s, is possible, but 10 or less?

I'd say either it's an error (trades that can't be satisfied stay longer, so GTS tend to fill with those) or it's a trick to trade hacked pokemons (people with a single 3DS sometimes often use GTS to move pokemons from one game to another, it's easier if you ask for a trade that virtually noone will be able to fill).

Koren

Is anyone available to help me trade evolve my Kadabra?
I am...

FC is 1950-8135-4319. Adding yours and going online now.

Edit: apparently, we have already traded something. I'm online (IGN Chloé)

I don't have any dummy pokemon, so if you could send the same back, I'd be glad ;)

ciD_Vain

I may be wrong, but I doubt it. When you find Dratinis on Poni, it's in the high 20s at least. Pretty sure that SOS calls brings pokemon of similar level at least (I think higher level for evolutions).

A Dragonite in the 40s, maybe 30s, is possible, but 10 or less?

I'd say either it's an error (trades that can't be satisfied stay longer, so GTS tend to fill with those) or it's a trick to trade hacked pokemons (people with a single 3DS sometimes often use GTS to move pokemons from one game to another, it's easier if you ask for a trade that virtually noone will be able to fill).
I was chaining dratini and found a lvl 12 dragonite so it's probably possible.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So...do you guys have the feeling that Gen 7 will soon be forgotten as Pokémon Bank becames available?

You have an overwhelming number of old Pokémon vs. not so many new Pokémon.

Most Gen VII Pokémon will be forgotten, yes, but that's only natural.

So...do you guys have the feeling that Gen 7 will soon be forgotten as Pokémon Bank becames available?

I'm just glad I got my Pokedex completed before the bank got released. Trading on GTS would have been a nightmare otherwise since I have nothing from any of the previous games.

Wiseblade

I am...

FC is 1950-8135-4319. Adding yours and going online now.

Edit: apparently, we have already traded something. I'm online (IGN Chloé)

I don't have any dummy pokemon, so if you could send the same back, I'd be glad ;)
Sorry, I wasn't watching the thread. You still available? I'll jump on Festival Plaza now if so.

asagami_

Banned
Outside Gen 1 and a bit of 2 (and 7, well) I'm not very knowledgeable about other generations as a whole (I don't know why Gen 3 is so forgettable to me, if I played it in its moment)t). I have favorites Pokémon from each, instead, but until the Bank is not avaible, I will only raise Pokémon from this actual generation.

Someday I will do a list from my favorite Pokémon from each generation for later breeding as crazy

Koren

Hmm, I don't see you...
That's strange... I reconnected just in case. IGN is Chloé, what is yours, I forgot?

Edit: There's a strange bug with online... Anyway, as usual, I didn't know what to do with evolution move. I overwote Shadow Ball since it's a TM move, I hope you didn't mind. I don't know if you can learn back an evolution move you discarded?

Aleh

Completed the Alola Dex, got the shiny charm, chained a Fomantis and caught a Shiny Timid 5IV Fomantis (it has leaf guard though q_q) still very happy though!

Top Bottom