• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

Demoli

ZFKP5V5.jpg

Bad HP, bottlecap grind gonna be big..

Gnna have to get another 50 streak at the tree too.

Koren

How in the hell do you get Goomy and Vanillite in this game?? I dot understand these shitty call friends in rain crap.
You need to have a pokemon calling them while there's a weather effect.

For Goomy, go to the route just outside Po Town. It's always raining there. Then start a battle, and wait for the pokemon to call a Goomy. It can take time, since it's a rare call.

For Valillite, it can be slightly harder, you need snow in Tapu Village (or in the mountain behind, I think) Since natural snow is quite rare there, I used a pokemon with snow warning (an alolan goupix, IIRC). Move that bring snow (Hail?) also work. I kept bringing him on field each time snow stopped to make it start again. The stone that legthen the snow is useful. After that, it's just a matter of time and luck.

I think Vanillite family is the hardest/most annoying catch in Sun/Moon.

You need to have a pokemon calling them while there's a weather effect.

For Goomy, go to the route just outside Po Town. It's always raining there. Then start a battle, and wait for the pokemon to call a Goomy. It can take time, since it's a rare call.

For Valillite, it can be slightly harder, you need snow in Tapu Village (or in the mountain behind, I think) Since natural snow is quite rare there, I used a pokemon with snow warning (an alolan goupix, IIRC). Move that bring snow (Hail?) also work. I kept bringing him on field each time snow stopped to make it start again. The stone that legthen the snow is useful. After that, it's just a matter of time and luck.

I think Vanillite family is the hardest/most annoying catch in Sun/Moon.

Thanks but I'm stroll struggling. Is there a certain limit you hit when chaining of what amount of Pokémon can show up? For example if I'm fighting a Metapod in Lush jungle and it calls fifty Metapods and a Castform does that mean I have no chance at a Goomy or is it all random the entire battle?

He's supposed to be rare? I just went to Lush Jungle when it was raining and they practically couldn't stop calling him in when I was looking for a Castform.

Came across several Goomys when hunting Scrappy Pancham outside Po Town.

Castform is really the only bad one in my experience. (though I haven't tried going for Politoed.)

Demoli

Whats a good nature for Cloyster? Im thinking adamant but not sure. And an item for it to hold too, no clue there

Adamant or Jolly are both good, but i think adamant is superior.

Item could be inbetween White herb, life orb or king's rock, maybe even a sash, up to you.

Koren

Thanks but I'm stroll struggling. Is there a certain limit you hit when chaining of what amount of Pokémon can show up? For example if I'm fighting a Metapod in Lush jungle and it calls fifty Metapods and a Castform does that mean I have no chance at a Goomy or is it all random the entire battle?
I'm not sure that people know for sure how percentage depends on the chain lenght, but I'm pretty sure it can happen anytime. It's just rare...

I'm pretty sure that if you got a Castform, you're doing it right.

Came across several Goomys when hunting Scrappy Pancham outside Po Town.
Because of this, I think the spot south of the main town is better, only Panchan/Pangoro called, if I'm not mistaken (well, I got my scrappy one at the 10th call, so the very first call that could have an HA if I'm not mistaken, I was really lucky for this one)

Castform is really the only bad one in my experience. (though I haven't tried going for Politoed.)
Well, Castform and Goomy have a spot where rain is always active (I've found several Castform before Goomy, but that may just be randomness).

The simple fact that you can't have reliable hail makes Vanillite worse, I'd say (abilities and move, being limited in time and requiring a pokemon that can use those, are not a perfect solution).

Christian

Holy smokes! I just caught my first shiny Pokémon ever, and I've been playing since RB launch day way back when. Spearow. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw it was a different color. HAH.

So I booted this game up just to check the status of the Global Mission. Looks like we're going to fail this one, too.

I contributed 3 Island Scans to the goal. I absolutely failed to contribute on the first mission.

Pretty pathetic results given the millions that Sun and Moon sold. The first failure was expected, because GMs were so poorly explained, but I did think more would catch on. It's all very disappointing.

Koren

Holy smokes! I just caught my first shiny Pokémon ever, and I've been playing since RB launch day way back when.
I always find this surprising... I found shinies so "common" last gen, especially if you still play post-game. I've even got doubles (wingull) and triples (ditto). I guess I must have played a bit much ;)

Congratulations... Shiny fearow is a pretty nice one.

Christian

I always find this surprising... I found shinies so "common" last gen, especially if you still play post-game. I've even got doubles (wingull) and triples (ditto). I guess I must have played a bit much ;)

Congratulations... Shiny fearow is a pretty nice one.

For what it's worth, I haven't really gone out of my way to find them. I haven't used any items or strategies to make them more common. But I do love to grind a lot, and I've certainly been through a fair share of battles to level and evolve my mons. I'm shocked it took so long. I'd actually kind of put the idea of finding one out of my mind!

I've been trying to GTS trade for a shiny Primarina, lots of people seem to have them (I assume hacking?) and they'll either offer them for a 91+ level random pokemon or a commonish pokemon an any level. I'm never fast enough for the any-level poke, but I noticed requesting a 91+ Weaville is pretty common, so I'm trying to level up my Weavile but jeeze, once you're in the 60s, it's slow going!

Holy smokes! I just caught my first shiny Pokémon ever, and I've been playing since RB launch day way back when. Spearow. I nearly crapped my pants when I saw it was a different color. HAH.

Congrats! I've done some shiny SOS chaining in Sun, plus some madusa method breeding, but it wasn't until last weekend I came across a shiny Slowpoke, the first time I've come across a shiny, though it was with the shiny charm, I still haven't seen any shiny's naturally. I played all of Heart Gold and Omega Ruby last year and nothing!

alvmew

Dayum, that bagon looks nice, can i have one? My for trade list is still on my recent posts so choose one you want.

Could you repost it? On mobile and not easy to see old posts.

Man that growlithe is tempting. Can u wait till tomorrow hiks as i am currently out of cities lol.

I'm around all weekend. Feel free to PM with an offer.

I am free all day today and tomorrow. Just send me a PM whenever you are available :3

Okay.

Any news on when we can expect the Pokebank update?

Nope.

Izayoi

Banned
The Battle Tree is such bullshit, I'm about ready to call it quits. So much of it comes down to pure luck, and I have absolutely none. What a fucking atrocity. I think I'm done with this game.

Type2

Anything I can help with?

Funny enough I saw you had put up a Sandygast on the GTS for a Vanilluxe, so I did that trade. Hope it helped! :)
Oh I can send you a perfect one.
I need sheldons evo, necrozima, that weird blue turtles evo, clefairy (lol) ands that's all I remember without my game in front of me.
I traded sandyghasts for everything lol

alvmew

I need sheldons evo, necrozima, that weird blue turtles evo, clefairy (lol) ands that's all I remember without my game in front of me.

Are you trying to complete the Dex without catching your own Necrozma? Lol.

And did you want your own of those or just Dex entries?

Rafavert

I actually would like a Sandygast! Got one to share?
(If already perfect, could you give it a nickname?)

Type2

Are you trying to complete the Dex without catching your own Necrozma? Lol.

And did you want your own of those or just Dex entries?
I sr all my legends and don't want to wait on my charm. Just need tradebacks. Oh I need guzzlord too

Edit: Need tradebacks on the following to finish my dex
-Bastiodon
-Carracosta
-Sivally
-Clefairy
-Glalie
-Krookodile
-Cosmog
-Cosmeon
-Guzzlord
-Necrozma

I actually would like a Sandygast! Got one to share?
(If already perfect, could you give it a nickname?)
Sure, 5ivs with imperfect atk work for you? What nickname?

Rafavert

I sr all my legends and don't want to wait on my charm. Just need tradebacks. Oh I need guzzlord too

Edit: Need tradebacks on the following to finish my dex
-Bastiodon
-Carracosta
-Sivally
-Clefairy
-Glalie
-Krookodile
-Cosmog
-Cosmeon
-Guzzlord
-Necrozma

Can help with Bastiodon, Carracosta, Silvally, Glalie, Krookodile, Cosmoem, Guzzlord and Necrozma =p

Yup, it's fine!
Fun Castle, please xD

alvmew

Type2: just PM me when you are done trading with Rafavert and I can do trade backs for anything you might be missing at that point, then.

Type2

Type2: just PM me when you are done trading with Rafavert and I can do trade backs for anything you might be missing at that point, then.

If you're after tradebacks, I can help you with Cosmog.

Clefairy is the intermediate form, isn't it? I think I evolved it :(
Im going to talk my dog for a quick walk after Rafaverts trades then ill be waiting in link trade for you.

Rafavert

Random thoughts:
Dear Gamefreak, if both players send each other a trade/battle request, please don't leave them hanging. Treat that as the trade being accepted....

Also, happiness no longer resets when a pokémon is traded! It either falls a lil or not at all. Nee to confirm.

Type2

Random thoughts:
Dear Gamefreak, if both players send each other a trade/battle request, please don't leave them hanging. Treat that as the trade being accepted....

Also, happiness no longer resets when a pokémon is traded! It either falls a lil or not at all. Nee to confirm.

ahhh just realized this one isnt a perfect 6iv actually. i think its got fantastic in one stat.

Koren

Im going to talk my dog for a quick walk after Rafaverts trades then ill be waiting in link trade for you.
You'd better trade with alvmew if he can provide the remaining two, that'll be quicker...

I want to SR unique pokémons too, so It'll probably take some time before the charm :/ I'm down to tapus, UB, Type:Null and Solgaleo before full dex.

Top Bottom